Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

Largs Bay

Created by PWILD > 9 months ago, 7 Apr 2012
PWILD
SA, 23 posts
7 Apr 2012 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to the kiters that helped me get my board Friday at Largs would have lost it for sure thanks again, had a good few hours kiting prior to the mistake,kite went down in the waveline and rolled and entangled the lines then it was kite loop heaven, got in ok? great day apart from that, biggest waves l have seen at larges and a huge tidal surge and 35+knots .

Brant
SA, 33 posts
24 Apr 2012 11:50PM
Thumbs Up

Was it your kite that I was trying to untangle without realising it was fully detached?
Hope you and your gear are all okay.

the truth
QLD, 189 posts
25 Apr 2012 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

No worries

PWILD
SA, 23 posts
25 Apr 2012 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Well l put the kite down in the waves and another wave surfed me towards the kite before l could get it up, slack lines on the kite that was downwind, as it tumbled on the next wave it tangled the lines/bridles over the wingtip and it was all over from there? as l said no control, just wicked kiteloops, time to eject...
and when back on land time to reflect on how dangerous the situation was after surfing into the lines in 30+winds, other experienced kiters were quick to come dowind to see if l was ok thanks again, great to get the help there, woulden't be alot of time if the lines were wrapped around a arm or worse, 10-15knots time to kite? larges bay...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing   South Australia

"Largs Bay" started by PWILD