Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

BNE/GC kite peeps: anyone happy to help a newbie?

Created by AdventureGirl > 9 months ago, 2 Jul 2015
AdventureGirl
NSW, 7 posts
2 Jul 2015 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hello QLD kite surfers! I need to get some kite skills up before a work experience adventure (during which I'll need them) beginning 8 July. I have only had one kite session where I did some kite control on a trainer. I now have my own kite set up (I do need a new red valve though, I think mine has a small leak) however I don't currently have wheels. I plan to be in Brisbane until the end of the weekend then on the Gold Coast for a few days before embarking on 8 July.

Are there any more experienced kite surfers that are happy to take me out for a sesh or two before I leave? It will help me a LOT. If you can collect me I'll pay for your petrol. I can also pay in massage as I used tobe a professional masseuse! ;-) Even a kite control session in a park would be beneficial, but if I could advance to getting out into the water, that would be amazing!Please don't hestitate to contact me! I hope to hear from someone soon! :-)

(Below is a pic of my kiting in Mandurah. This is earlier in the session before I realised you needed to push in and out not up and down to turn the kite lol!)

ONYX
WA, 116 posts
2 Jul 2015 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

This chick might be able to help.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Western-Australia/Id-like-to-try-kitesurfing-anyone-happy-to-help/

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"BNE/GC kite peeps: anyone happy to help a newbie?" started by AdventureGirl