Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Blokarts

Queens Birthday Blokart Bash Yeppoon 2010

Created by OLD FART > 9 months ago, 30 Apr 2010
OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
30 Apr 2010 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

House already booked at 20 Kiama St Bangalee for inaugural Queens Birthday Bash, Fri 11th-Sat 12th-Sun 13th.June. This will be a new event on C.Q.B.C. Capricorn Division calender, which will become a annual event. All karters are welcome to this free fun & a bit of short course racing on that magnificent Yeppoon Beach. Contact at Rockhampton for event: Wayne Lewis:Mob 0447150385 / Email: Wlewis69gmail.com .
Or Dave Moore :Mob : 0417009242 / Email:drcabinet@optusnet.com.au.
New timing gear will be at meeting.
See you all there for a big one, Regards Dave Moore

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
13 May 2010 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, News from "Queens Birthday Blokart Bash 2010"
First up , I may have Wayne's email wrong, try wlewis69gmail.com.
Second up , Looks like we are going to exceed a field of 25 karts and still growing, not bad for a local event. Looking forward to sailing again with all.
Regards Dave Moore. [The Old Fart In A Blokart]

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
11 Jun 2010 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

cisco said...

Winds are predicted SE/SW 10-15 kts due to the huge high (1031hp) with almost no pressure gradient.

Not much chance of an afternoon seabreeze because the air over the land will likely be cooler than the air over the sea, therefore no thermal effect. It may cancel out wind altogether.

Predicted wind direction dictates the best sailing directions being perpendicular to the beach, therefore sailing legs will be between the soft sand and the waterline.

Tidal predictions are for a new moon tide on Saturday with a tidal range of 2.9m and the low tide occurring at 2:46 pm therefore the distance from soft sand to waterline may only be 3-400 metres.

Fun could be had with that if wind is present but predictions for wind are not good for sailing.

The choice of the last "long weekend" of the year for a gathering may sound a good idea, but I think there will be more gathering around a heater or fire than on the beach.

Have fun people.

Thanks for the scientific report Peter. We will be coming down regardless and having a good time with our Capricornia members, as we did in the Aus open, wind will be a bonus on top of good company. If you don't try you don't sail.

Regards, Dave Moore, The Old Fart.

Broken Mast
QLD, 44 posts
11 Jun 2010 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

OLD FART said...

cisco said...

Winds are predicted SE/SW 10-15 kts due to the huge high (1031hp) with almost no pressure gradient.

Not much chance of an afternoon seabreeze because the air over the land will likely be cooler than the air over the sea, therefore no thermal effect. It may cancel out wind altogether.

Predicted wind direction dictates the best sailing directions being perpendicular to the beach, therefore sailing legs will be between the soft sand and the waterline.

Tidal predictions are for a new moon tide on Saturday with a tidal range of 2.9m and the low tide occurring at 2:46 pm therefore the distance from soft sand to waterline may only be 3-400 metres.

Fun could be had with that if wind is present but predictions for wind are not good for sailing.

The choice of the last "long weekend" of the year for a gathering may sound a good idea, but I think there will be more gathering around a heater or fire than on the beach.

Have fun people.

Thanks for the scientific report Peter. We will be coming down regardless and having a good time with our Capricornia members, as we did in the Aus open, wind will be a bonus on top of good company. If you don't try you don't sail.

Regards, Dave Moore, The Old Fart.

Thanks for the negativity Pete. Maybe you forget that when you came up in 2008 on the same weekend we had brilliant winds late on the Sunday and on the Monday morning. Oh that's right, you wouldn't because you were safely tucked up in bed on the Monday morning while the rest of us had a ball.

Broken Mast
QLD, 44 posts
12 Jun 2010 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

The first day of our little social meet saw light winds from the S/SW and a bit of wheelchair action. Tomorrows forecast is S/SE 20/25kt. I'll believe it when I see it but we"ll have fun anyway. That's what it's about after all.

Broken Mast
QLD, 44 posts
13 Jun 2010 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be here all day on Monday and so will the a few others.

Arjay
VIC, 267 posts
14 Jun 2010 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

ooh wow a repeat....

think I'll go fishing, is there a topic/board for that?

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Blokarts

"Queens Birthday Blokart Bash Yeppoon 2010" started by OLD FART