Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New SIC for 2021

Created by TJR Two weeks ago, 8 Oct 2020
TJR
155 posts
8 Oct 2020 4:40AM
Thumbs Up

SIC released a preview video of the new Atlantis today. A dealer put up more detailed pictures but then these were taken down pretty quickly. I think he might have been a bit premature. I did find this though on another French dear site

A special heavy-duty race board inspired by the most demanding races in the world!
2021 welcomes a great novelty at Sic in the race range, which has remained secret for over a year. A brand new special board "big conditions" (wind, choppy water, swell): Atlantis! The board was developed after an in-depth study of the legendary and demanding races of the Carolina Cup, Maui to Molokai, Molokai to Oahu or the Colombia Gorge Paddle Challenge. The SUP Atlantis is therefore designed to cope with ocean conditions, while maintaining a very efficient surfing capacity. The shape of the SUP Atlantis has a deep cockpit (dugout) . The line of the rails is enhanced to provide additional stability while considerably reducing water entry into the cockpit. The evacuation will also be done via the central handle to the underside of the board.

The diamond tail offers excellent rail to rail balance without compromising agility. As on the RS model, step channels have been dug at the bottom for better drive.

14x22
14x24
14x26

looked nice in the pictures i saw. its blue. the drain is a venturi through the bottom of the handle recess, so no more complaints of it holding water in there.

TJR
155 posts
9 Oct 2020 3:01AM
Thumbs Up

burchas
64 posts
9 Oct 2020 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

In other words an RS Dugout. Great, now they have given Area10 something to complain about...

The drain hole in the middle does work very well. at least on my board it does and it's not as good as this one looks.

LucBenac
373 posts
9 Oct 2020 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
burchas said..
In other words an RS Dugout. Great, now they have given Area10 something to complain about...

The drain hole in the middle does work very well. at least on my board it does and it's not as good as this one looks.

I have to concede that I am not that excited about it...at least not as a downwind board.....I have come to love a rounded tail and only a slightly recessed deck. WHich is not to say that it might not be a great board.

TJR
155 posts
9 Oct 2020 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LucBenac said..

burchas said..

I have to concede that I am not that excited about it...at least not as a downwind board.....I have come to love a rounded tail and only a slightly recessed deck. WHich is not to say that it might not be a great board.

Yes I think I'll stick with my RS and 2020 bullet

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New SIC for 2021" started by TJR