Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

ECS SURF SUP & PADDLE BATTLE 2019 - Australia's richest SUP event!!

Created by pohaku 2 months ago, 21 Sep 2018
pohaku
NSW, 420 posts
21 Sep 2018 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Its on again!! The Lake Macquarie Festival of Surfing in conjunction with Surfest will feature the ECS Surf SUP & Paddle Battle at Redhead Beach NSW on Feb 9-10th. This is the highest paying SUP event in Australia. ECS Boards Australia are putting up $23K split equally for men & women. This will be the 5th year that SUP has been involved in Surfest. Surfest has been running for 34 years and is the largest surfing festival in the southern hemisphere.
Entry will be up on the SurfingNSW website shortly (stay tuned). I will also make a event on the ECS Boards Facebook page.Limited spots available:
SUP SURFING: Open men, open women, mixed 10+
BOP: Elite men, elite women, open men & open women.Elite- anyone who has competed internationally or at Aussie titles in sup racing over the past 12 months. Elite is 12'6 only.Open is 14' and under.

For surfing we use WSL judging & live online scoring.Tent space available for other SUP companies.
For any questions contact Dylan Henry- dylan@ecsboards-australia.com
Here's a little wrap up from this year by 33 South Films.

petedorries
QLD, 694 posts
21 Sep 2018 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome event last year (should say this year lol). Great surfing. Good area to visit too.

Slatz
NSW, 139 posts
25 Sep 2018 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Stoked, thanks ECS for supporting the industry in such a big way.
Was a great event this year and looking forward to next year.

pohaku
NSW, 420 posts
21 Nov 2018 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

I regret to inform but the 2019 whole lake Mac festival of surfing has been cancelled :( everyone who placed a entry will be refunded in the full amount. This decision was made by surfest. The event will now be a WSL Pro Junior event.

I will I'll be putting together another event similar at a later date.

Cheers

Slatz
NSW, 139 posts
21 Nov 2018 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Bugger, That was a great event, well run and lots of fun. But looking forward to what you come up with for next event. What a hassle for you though, it's hard enough to organise an event as it is.

burleigh4220
QLD, 43 posts
21 Nov 2018 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

thats a bummer ,we were looking forward to returning..great vibe will be there if you reboot ,and thanks for all the effort the ecs crew put into last years com p

Casso
NSW, 3491 posts
25 Nov 2018 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

Oh noooo! Spewing. Looking forward to the details of the reboot.

surfershaneA
786 posts
27 Nov 2018 6:56AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha. I saw my entry refunded and instantly thought, "WTF, who have I crossed now?". My mind flew through all those on here and in the real world I had difficulties with over the last five or so years. Hammeron Gay lifesaver longboard legend, loves giving head judge Baggs, old malibu contestants who think they need to hassle for every wave, dying of envy el presidentos of premier Sydney SUP clubs who don't have the balls to confront me in person.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hell no. Politely phoned surfing NSW and was informed the sponsor had pulled out. Not sure if that was a relief. I was already to go back into combat mode. Oh well?

pohaku
NSW, 420 posts
2 Dec 2018 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfershaneA said..
Ha ha. I saw my entry refunded and instantly thought, "WTF, who have I crossed now?". My mind flew through all those on here and in the real world I had difficulties with over the last five or so years. Hammeron Gay lifesaver longboard legend, loves giving head judge Baggs, old malibu contestants who think they need to hassle for every wave, dying of envy el presidentos of premier Sydney SUP clubs who don't have the balls to confront me in person.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hell no. Politely phoned surfing NSW and was informed the sponsor had pulled out. Not sure if that was a relief. I was already to go back into combat mode. Oh well?

As the sponsor. That's not the case...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"ECS SURF SUP & PADDLE BATTLE 2019 - Australia's richest SUP event!!" started by pohaku