Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Last time I surfed this spot was in 1972

Created by supthecreek 5 months ago, 5 Feb 2024
supthecreek
2599 posts
5 Feb 2024 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Busy public beach.... I wasn't sure if I should set up SoloShot for this session, so I decided to go with the Kook Hat Cam.
Softish waves, but super clean, sunny and zero wind!
Such a beautiful day!
Everyone I met was super nice.

Napnap
94 posts
6 Feb 2024 12:59AM
Thumbs Up

Nice commentary! Good to see the Kook Hat back in service! Is still full rubber here in NE UK, water temp 7deg, so just a bit envious.

drivethebus
NSW, 205 posts
6 Feb 2024 7:06AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Rick, great to see you back on the water again, waves look like fun. I am enjoying the warm water of summer down here in OZ, not so much the average waves, roll on winter I say.
Also great to get some more footage of the Ghost, looks like a really fun versatile board.

Cheers.

Steve.

Tardy
4991 posts
6 Feb 2024 4:48AM
Thumbs Up

Ghost looks nice and stabile Rick ,great to see a creek vid again ,

finsup
NT, 188 posts
6 Feb 2024 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

Love the way that board flies along even the whitewater.
For a big shoally area where waves fatten out and reform a few times it would be fun turning short waves into long rides.

supthecreek
2599 posts
6 Feb 2024 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
drivethebus said..
Hi Rick, great to see you back on the water again, waves look like fun. I am enjoying the warm water of summer down here in OZ, not so much the average waves, roll on winter I say.
Also great to get some more footage of the Ghost, looks like a really fun versatile board.

Cheers.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, it's good to be back at it... a few hiccups this Fall, but all good now!

The Ghost continually blows my mind... so much fun in everything.
Today I took out the 9'6 Ghost in miserable onshore wonk and was very happy how comfortable I was.

supthecreek
2599 posts
6 Feb 2024 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
Ghost looks nice and stabile Rick ,great to see a creek vid again ,

Very stable!
I am super stoked to be surfing and filming again

supthecreek
2599 posts
6 Feb 2024 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
finsup said..
Love the way that board flies along even the whitewater.
For a big shoally area where waves fatten out and reform a few times it would be fun turning short waves into long rides.

Exactly!
Designed to be a fast, stable groveler in marginal waves, but excels in solid surf!
The waves in this video were very soft and the speed helped string together rides through to the reform.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Last time I surfed this spot was in 1972" started by supthecreek