The foil freestyle wave - mojo tasty 105

Wednesday
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
7 Oct 2026 8:46pm













Hi
lots of custom windfoil boards om this forum which is great inspiration
this i my choice and contribution - the windfoil freestyle wave
105 l, 176 x 64
focus of this board was easy of use and low swing weight. The length (hopefully) makes it easier in all aspects, but center of mass is moved a lot to the back so swing should be a non issue in the swell

built by Mojo in hungary with jaw dropping attention to detail
barthbb
barthbb
111 posts
111 posts
7 Oct 2026 10:57pm
Super nice!!!!
nkpg
nkpg
2 posts
2 posts
8 Oct 2026 4:15am
Really cool board. would be nice to here a comparison to the wizard and fanatic boards :)
buzzone
buzzone
WA
5 posts
WA, 5 posts
8 Oct 2026 6:45am
Looks great, love the box and strap positions and dimensions. Will be a ripper !😎
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
8 Oct 2026 7:01pm
nkpg said..
Really cool board. would be nice to here a comparison to the wizard and fanatic boards :)


Exactly, I will. Actually this is a product from my time spent on the wizard 114/90 and the 103 foilstyler

the board that wasn't available sort of saying..
BullroarerTook
BullroarerTook
321 posts
321 posts
9 Oct 2026 12:46am
How much do you weigh OP? Board looks great, but I think I would have gone just a bit wider for my 82 kgs and pumping.
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
9 Oct 2026 1:34am
BullroarerTook said..
How much do you weigh OP? Board looks great, but I think I would have gone just a bit wider for my 82 kgs and pumping.


Key design criteria - width across straps!
im at 79 dry on land…
my experience says “no wider than 64 for true centerstance”

the wizard 114 is 66 and I always found it too wide at the front feet
the foilstyler was 64, which was ok, good even
the foilstyler was 47 across rear foot - a bit too narrow for that board. This board is 51. It will make the board less nervous but with good rail control strapped in
Grantmac
Grantmac
2419 posts
2419 posts
9 Oct 2026 1:48am
I wonder what that would look like blown up to 130L?
miamiwindsurfe
miamiwindsurfe
214 posts
214 posts
9 Oct 2026 2:12am
Nice looking board, what's the weight?
I'm assuming you are doing hardcore foilstyle with jumps , air moves. Hoping to get my new board in 3 weeks, but mine is for freeride,swell/wave riding, no foot straps and so very diff although dimensions are very similar 99l 170x70
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
9 Oct 2026 2:48am
Nice use case, strapless wave riding!
I wouldn’t call my freestyle “hardcore”, more like “old man” freestyle with carves, upwind/downwind but sure air control is part of it and the kono doesn’t feel that far off

Foilstyle boards doesn’t necessarily need to be very short - but the swell use case definitely needs that, which was a purpose too. At the same time short boards like the wizards are simply awsome freeride machines, so I prefer sub 180 anyway..

the wieght is 7.3 with straps (dry weight), so im totally fine with that
2keen
2keen
WA
389 posts
WA, 389 posts
9 Oct 2026 8:20pm
Board looks great, dimensions spot on for carving fun🤙
jstone1
jstone1
51 posts
51 posts
9 Oct 2026 11:12pm
Will be interesting to see how you get on with it, been mulling a change too. Also looking at Newind boards...
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
9 Oct 2026 11:27pm
I’ll let u know
my pal just received a similar board by newind 66x184, 105, 7.4 kg
He appears to be happy with it (step from slingshot freestyle 115)
way cheaper and built in waterproof core (but hey also build normal way)
discussion with shaper started out at 64x180, 6.9 kg and apparently he’s not the only one who got himself a board deviating from specs

mojo shaper discussion was great, started of from a good template (tasty 107), back n forth on use case, shape alterations and construction, and it came back exactly as specified
Grantmac
Grantmac
2419 posts
2419 posts
10 Oct 2026 12:42am
That tracks look pretty far forward, what fuselage are you using?
jstone1
jstone1
51 posts
51 posts
10 Oct 2026 1:42am
So Newind were much cheaper than Mojo @sailortrash? But, Mojo accurate on the specs?
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
10 Oct 2026 2:53am
Grantmac said..
That tracks look pretty far forward, what fuselage are you using?


Yeah, ill evaluate om the water
normally im on sab 903/899 fuse (90 ish normal freeride fuse) but i gave a 753 a shoot and kind of liked it. But it needs 6 cm mote forward, so I made sure that would work 🤞

I don’t like the foil to far back, know people ride like that but gives me control issues

in swell however (ocean energy) i move it back a bit to coop with the extra lift
sailortrash
sailortrash
36 posts
36 posts
10 Oct 2026 2:53am
jstone1 said..
So Newind were much cheaper than Mojo @sailortrash? But, Mojo accurate on the specs?


Appears so, but newind builds expensive stuff too
Grantmac
Grantmac
2419 posts
2419 posts
10 Oct 2026 11:02pm
sailortrash said..

Grantmac said..
That tracks look pretty far forward, what fuselage are you using?



Yeah, ill evaluate om the water
normally im on sab 903/899 fuse (90 ish normal freeride fuse) but i gave a 753 a shoot and kind of liked it. But it needs 6 cm mote forward, so I made sure that would work 🤞

I don’t like the foil to far back, know people ride like that but gives me control issues

in swell however (ocean energy) i move it back a bit to coop with the extra lift




Interesting to hear you've used the 753, that's usually what I'm winging with. I was going to go looking for a 903 to get back into windfoil.
I prefer the front wing quite close to my front foot as well.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply