Forums > Windsurfing General

BIC 200 SL info please

Created by deejay8204 > 9 months ago, 25 Apr 2013
deejay8204
QLD, 555 posts
25 Apr 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Just wondering if anyone had the BIC 200SL Tri-Fin? Picked one up today for a really good price. Looks really good with original fins and dagger board (pics up soon).

I cant seem to find any info on them, not even on the BIC websites previous boards section. I'm guessing the SL is short for Slalom Light wind?

Cheers Damien

KA360
NSW, 576 posts
25 Apr 2013 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Thruster with a daggerboard ,you must of stumbled upon a 2014 prototype Bic onshore waveboard.
Fashion goes round and round.Reminds me of a crappy old board Bic made in about 82,had a big camel hump on the tail ,hopeless nonslip,2 holes to put your mastfoot in and one set of straps behind the other.....Yeah ,but surely you wouldn't have bought one of those.
How much did you pay for it, $2 or $2000?

fjdoug
ACT, 368 posts
26 Apr 2013 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

KA360 said...
Thruster with a daggerboard ,you must of stumbled upon a 2014 prototype Bic onshore waveboard.
Fashion goes round and round.Reminds me of a crappy old board Bic made in about 82,had a big camel hump on the tail ,hopeless nonslip,2 holes to put your mastfoot in and one set of straps behind the other.....Yeah ,but surely you wouldn't have bought one of those.
How much did you pay for it, $2 or $2000?

KA360
NSW, 576 posts
26 Apr 2013 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

OMG- Honey, I shrunk the Doug

You still have that under your house ,don't you!

They were briefly one of the quickest boards at the time,styerene core and ASA,stiff and flat.That was the beginning of the end for polyethelene boards.
The 200SL was the same board(although newer) but with a daggerboard , heavier and a therefore step backwards, back to a schlogger boards.

fjdoug
ACT, 368 posts
26 Apr 2013 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

KA360 said...

nope!...i thought it was of you taken at your weekender at lake jindabyne

KA360
NSW, 576 posts
27 Apr 2013 12:00AM
Thumbs Up

fjdoug said...
KA360 said...

nope!...i thought it was of you taken at your weekender at lake jindabyne

Thats not me either and I have never had any property in a trailer park.
Looks a bit like Adrian L but he would not have had a Bic.
There is green in the photo so can't be Jindy

deejay8204
QLD, 555 posts
27 Apr 2013 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry for liking the old boards guys....

No I didn't pay all that much for them at all. I basically paid for a clamp on boom and got the boards thrown in.

Here is the old board

fjdoug
ACT, 368 posts
28 Apr 2013 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

the board i sail most often is as old as yours.....

deejay8204
QLD, 555 posts
28 Apr 2013 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

I had older originally, a good old 3.9mt Wayler. I miss that board for the light wind days. I don't miss the weight of it though.

pierrec45
NSW, 1997 posts
29 Apr 2013 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, Bic used to make the fugliest things ever.
That board must be a bi*ch to jibe in certain wind ranges...
You woulda been better off with the Wayler, had it been dry inside...

And yes, that was the beginning of the end for racing.
Before 1983-4, racing used to be relatively one-design and well-attended at B-bay.
After that, local racing split into classes, with many changing boards twice a year just to stay ahead, then dropping off whinging the sport was getting expensive...
By 85+, weekly racing was mostly dead.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"BIC 200 SL info please" started by deejay8204