Forums > Windsurfing General

Lord Howe Island Winter Trip 2009 Dates

Created by lordhowe > 9 months ago, 30 Oct 2008
lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
31 Oct 2008 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone, just a quick note to set the dates for next years trip.
August 1-14 2009.
Let me know if you are interested in coming. I will have accom for up to 12 people for around $750 for the fortnight or $375 for the week. We will have a stable of boards/gear to be utilised- supplied by WSS and will also be organising for people's gear to get to the island the cheapest possible way.
This years trip was fantastic, 11 of 15 days sailed, average sail size 4.7m.
Pls pm your expression of interest.
Tim
Do a search on the forum for info and pics from this years trip.

wormy
QLD, 679 posts
31 Oct 2008 6:34AM
Thumbs Up

Definate maybe, as I'm movng to coffs in a few weeks, but first have to find a job and then I have to arrange to get off work.

nbr
NSW, 267 posts
31 Oct 2008 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

Hey wormy,thats the second thing you have to discuss with your new employer the first being that someone has to fill for you every windy day.

wormy
QLD, 679 posts
31 Oct 2008 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Well I need to break these things to them slowly.

AJEaster
NSW, 657 posts
31 Oct 2008 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Very interested........I live in port macquarie. My wife and I were thinking of coming over for a non-sailing holiday, but looking at the shots, and the fact there would be a few other sailors there, it may have to become a sailing holiday. The water looks beautiful. Will PM ya

Mobydisc
NSW, 8585 posts
31 Oct 2008 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

My wife and I are interested. Thanks for the early notification as it gives us time to make a decision and save some money for it. I think we could organise QANTAS frequent flyer points to subsidise the flight there and back.

Is the accomodation price per person and is it twin share?

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
31 Oct 2008 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

that price is per person. Format of accom is 2x 1bdrms & 2 x 2 bdrms. I am looking to just fill the beds, obviously for couples you can either get a room to yourself or a 1 bdrm apt. If i end up with an apt or 2 filled with desperate single or 'baching windy types' we should be able to fit a couple extra in.

Ian K
NSW, 2872 posts
31 Oct 2008 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Tim, that's a good value package. Especially seeing Lord Howe is an "8 days a week" destination. Sail the day you land and get in a morning session the day you go!

Yes please, put me down for next year.

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
31 Oct 2008 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

thanks Ian, you weren't gonna get away with not coming anyway. Especially as you now have the 'Lord Howe Kit'!
11 beds to go.

Hausey
NSW, 325 posts
22 Dec 2008 12:17AM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from a stint on the island and have got to say that Lord Howe Island is pretty awesome, an island paradise in NSW..... wasn't there at the right time for the consistent S.W.ers though still got out there a couple of times ....

Lots of wind all directions all year thoughwould say that winter / spring would guarantee good winds and direction. Take travel insurance as flights get cancelled due to the weather...

A picture perfect lagoon - coral, aquamarine water and a the towering mountain backdrop. Great flat water windsurfing, awesome kiting and some pretty good surfing.

Tim at Pandanus is the man when it comes to windsurfing on the island - check it out!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Lord Howe Island Winter Trip 2009 Dates" started by lordhowe