Forums > Windsurfing General

New RRD Firemove 100L V3 - Auction (proceeds to Bushfire appeals)

Created by CrimsonFlash 1 month ago, 10 Jan 2020
CrimsonFlash
WA, 37 posts
10 Jan 2020 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Firstly, a big shout out to Jez from 2ndwind (www.2ndwind.com.au/) for donating the RRD Firemove 100L for the recent Lobster Shack Cervantes challenge. I was very lucky to be the winner of the board (even though I wasn't physically present for the draw) so apologies to all those that called out "redraw, redraw". I know who you are and where you live - muahahahaaaa!!
Thanks also to Isaac for being a good sport with the draw - maybe I'll come back next year for the acoustic gig!

Okay, enough of the waffle. As I'm currently riding WindTech boards (www.windtechwindsurfing.com/) and have other surplus boards that I'm trying to offload, I've decided to put the board up for auction. I'll be donating the proceeds to a couple of registered charities that are helping out people that have been affected by the spate of recent horrific bushfires. In addition, the company I work for (Thales) is also setting up a dollar for dollar appeal so any money I get from the sale of the board will essentially be doubled when I provide the charity donation receipt to them. This is only going up until the end of January 2020 so any offers before then will be appreciated. Below is an excerpt of the details from Thales:

"Thales Australia has donated $50,000 to the Rural Fire Service of NSW to kick-start our 'dollar-for-dollar Thales bushfire appeal'. For every $1 donated by a Thales Australia employee or contingent worker between 1 Dec 2019 and 31 Jan 2020 to a registered charity or fire services organisation, Thales will put $1 into our bushfire appeal fund.T he total raised will be distributed between the State Fire Service appeals at the start of February. Simply send us an email with your donation receipt and we'll do the rest. Your donations are hugely helpful for fire service organisations. They help us to do things like supporting fire victims and volunteers, and to buy critical equipment and improved technology to support firefighters in the field."

Here is a pic of the board taken a few days after the Cervantes event (photo courtesy of Isaac).

Board Details
RRD Firemove 100L V3 (review at www.windsurf.co.uk/test/rrd-firemove-v3-ltd-100l-2017-test-review/)
Dimensions: 236 x 68cm
Comes with 36cm MFC Liquid Pro fin (powerbox) & 4 RRD footstraps
Board is unused (unless Isaac has taken it for a sneaky spin??)

If you're interested in putting in a bid, please send me a private message and I'll consider what comes in. I'll make a decision on the successful bid on or around the 25th Jan so I have time to sort out the charity donations and get the receipts into Thales. Charities will be picked from the following (registered charities only so no scams):
help.givenow.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360001315355-How-you-can-help-Donate-to-2020-Australian-bushfire-relief-efforts

Once I've got a final bid, I'll publish the result on the forum (if okay with the winning bidder) and attach the official receipt from the charity(s).

Cheers and happy bidding!

Dan

azymuth
WA, 949 posts
10 Jan 2020 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CrimsonFlash said..
Firstly, a big shout out to Jez from 2ndwind (www.2ndwind.com.au/) for donating the RRD Firemove 100L for the recent Lobster Shack Cervantes challenge. I was very lucky to be the winner of the board (even though I wasn't physically present for the draw) so apologies to all those that called out "redraw, redraw". I know who you are and where you live - muahahahaaaa!!
Thanks also to Isaac for being a good sport with the draw - maybe I'll come back next year for the acoustic gig!

Okay, enough of the waffle. As I'm currently riding WindTech boards (www.windtechwindsurfing.com/) and have other surplus boards that I'm trying to offload, I've decided to put the board up for auction. I'll be donating the proceeds to a couple of registered charities that are helping out people that have been affected by the spate of recent horrific bushfires. In addition, the company I work for (Thales) is also setting up a dollar for dollar appeal so any money I get from the sale of the board will essentially be doubled when I provide the charity donation receipt to them. This is only going up until the end of January 2020 so any offers before then will be appreciated. Below is an excerpt of the details from Thales:

"Thales Australia has donated $50,000 to the Rural Fire Service of NSW to kick-start our 'dollar-for-dollar Thales bushfire appeal'. For every $1 donated by a Thales Australia employee or contingent worker between 1 Dec 2019 and 31 Jan 2020 to a registered charity or fire services organisation, Thales will put $1 into our bushfire appeal fund.T he total raised will be distributed between the State Fire Service appeals at the start of February. Simply send us an email with your donation receipt and we'll do the rest. Your donations are hugely helpful for fire service organisations. They help us to do things like supporting fire victims and volunteers, and to buy critical equipment and improved technology to support firefighters in the field."

Here is a pic of the board taken a few days after the Cervantes event (photo courtesy of Isaac).

Board Details
RRD Firemove 100L V3 (review at www.windsurf.co.uk/test/rrd-firemove-v3-ltd-100l-2017-test-review/)
Dimensions: 236 x 68cm
Comes with 36cm MFC Liquid Pro fin (powerbox) & 4 RRD footstraps
Board is unused (unless Isaac has taken it for a sneaky spin??)

If you're interested in putting in a bid, please send me a private message and I'll consider what comes in. I'll make a decision on the successful bid on or around the 25th Jan so I have time to sort out the charity donations and get the receipts into Thales. Charities will be picked from the following (registered charities only so no scams):
help.givenow.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360001315355-How-you-can-help-Donate-to-2020-Australian-bushfire-relief-efforts

Once I've got a final bid, I'll publish the result on the forum (if okay with the winning bidder) and attach the official receipt from the charity(s).

Cheers and happy bidding!

Dan

Awesome Dan - nice work

CrimsonFlash
WA, 37 posts
11 Jan 2020 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

One more thing, I'm looking at getting the board into the hands of a younger WA sailor (age 12 - 20) that doesn't have access to decent gear or can't afford something to progress on. If anyone knows someone in this category, please put them in touch.
Not expecting any minimum or maximum amount for the board, just want it to go to someone younger and enthusiastic about windsurfing. A bit of history about themselves and windsurfing aspirations would be good to know. Anything I can do to help keep this fantastic and addictive sport alive is what this is about. The donation to the bushfire cause is an added bonus.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"New RRD Firemove 100L V3 - Auction (proceeds to Bushfire appeals)" started by CrimsonFlash