42 knot crash - No Pain, No Glory.

6 years ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
sailquik
sailquik
VIC
6176 posts
VIC, 6176 posts
8 May 2020 5:22pm
Doin' The Dance!
After doing almost exactly this myself last Saturday, I relived it with Mat's 42 knot crash and Brians appropriate philosophy. Thankfully, in both Mat's and my case, there was no lasting pain.

kato
kato
VIC
3541 posts
VIC, 3541 posts
8 May 2020 7:57pm
I do believe that I might be the cause seeing that I was very close to both events
sailquik
sailquik
VIC
6176 posts
VIC, 6176 posts
8 May 2020 9:12pm
kato said..
I do believe that I might be the cause seeing that I was very close to both events


Yes. and one in a million chance you just happend to be filming that one.
Tardy
Tardy
QLD
5376 posts
QLD, 5376 posts
10 May 2020 1:41pm
ahhh looked like a lovely moment sailquik ....its when there's less water ....that really hurts ..

and that split second in your mind ,....when you know your going over ....it sucks ..lol.

Brains a cool dude always smiling .
Gestalt
Gestalt
QLD
15049 posts
QLD, 15049 posts
12 May 2020 12:38am
sailquik said..
Doin' The Dance!
After doing almost exactly this myself last Saturday, I relived it with Mat's 42 knot crash and Brians appropriate philosophy. Thankfully, in both Mat's and my case, there was no lasting pain.



look on the bright side. if you did break your back you're already at the shore.
mikey100
mikey100
QLD
1115 posts
QLD, 1115 posts
12 May 2020 5:57am
Gestalt said..

sailquik said..
Doin' The Dance!
After doing almost exactly this myself last Saturday, I relived it with Mat's 42 knot crash and Brians appropriate philosophy. Thankfully, in both Mat's and my case, there was no lasting pain.




look on the bright side. if you did break your back you're already at the shore.


Now there's a 'silver lining' for you.
berowne
berowne
NSW
1591 posts
NSW, 1591 posts
13 Jun 2020 9:32am
Sandbar?
John340
John340
QLD
3455 posts
QLD, 3455 posts
13 Jun 2020 12:54pm
mikey100 said..

Gestalt said..


sailquik said..
Doin' The Dance!
After doing almost exactly this myself last Saturday, I relived it with Mat's 42 knot crash and Brians appropriate philosophy. Thankfully, in both Mat's and my case, there was no lasting pain.





look on the bright side. if you did break your back you're already at the shore.



Now there's a 'silver lining' for you.


Except that while you clear your head, check your ribs, test movement in your extremities and gather yourself together, your gear is pushed offshore at a great rate of knots by the 40kt wind,
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply