Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

GPS 102 Canmore- cannot find it using a mac

Created by Robson > 9 months ago, 13 Oct 2016
Robson
1 posts
13 Oct 2016 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,
I have a Canmore GPS- 102 and it presents problems when connecting to my computer. Apparently, it's not possible communication between device and computer to transfer data using USB port. Tried different computers but they cannot find the GPS drive-Then I would like to ask for help, how can I access to this device?
It had the same problems some months ago, did nothing to fix it, but it was working properly for some time, now again no connection!
It is working and has data stored on it, tried to connect to my smart tv, and was able to connect it, the TV finds the drive, my computer does not.
How can I fix this problem?
Thank you,
Best,
Robson

fangman
WA, 1255 posts
13 Oct 2016 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Robson, your Mac should recognise the Canmore automatically, so not trying to be a smart arse, but is the Canmore powered up when connected?

BSN101
WA, 2253 posts
13 Oct 2016 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

I had a similar issue and it was the cable not supporting data although it charged fine.

decrepit
WA, 11884 posts
13 Oct 2016 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Could thought BSN, the GW52 is picky about cables as well, try a different cable, that may do the trick.

boardsurfr
WA, 2211 posts
14 Oct 2016 12:34AM
Thumbs Up

Definitely try a different cable or two, and make sure the Canmore is powered on. Hopefully, that will fix the problem. If not, it's possible that the USB connector has seen some water and is corroded. The water proofing on the Canmores is quite poor, so this can happen easily.

BSN101
WA, 2253 posts
14 Oct 2016 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

Im having a few issues with my (Yellow) canmore now.

It shows a distance on the screen but when on KA72 its only a couple hundred metres.

Factory reset and give it another drive test.

Here we go again!

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
14 Oct 2016 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

BSN, pretty sure it's coming from ka72, wrote to Dylan and he's working on it, a couple of team mate's devices are doing the same locally

BSN101
WA, 2253 posts
14 Oct 2016 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
seanhogan said..
BSN, pretty sure it's coming from ka72, wrote to Dylan and he's working on it, a couple of team mate's devices are doing the same locally

Cool cheers. Been for a couple of test drives and just gone through the whole reset & set up again. And again!

If it is KA72 then I'm glad that I've paid up so he can keep it running smoothly for us! Thanks Dylan

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
14 Oct 2016 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

I ran some gp102 files that weren't showing the correct mileage on ka72 through 'gps results' and they were fine.

BSN101
WA, 2253 posts
14 Oct 2016 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
seanhogan said...
I ran some gp102 files that weren't showing the correct mileage on ka72 through 'gps results' and they were fine.

I'll look at getting gps results as a backup. I like the KA72 kingdoms etc.
cheers Dave

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
15 Oct 2016 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

I only use gpsresults to extract alpha + 2sec for the freerace challenge we run here. (using the timelimit tool)

All members post directly to ka72, awesome tool as you can set the categories for your group.

Can't thank Dylan enough !

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"GPS 102 Canmore- cannot find it using a mac" started by Robson