Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

QLD Challenge

Created by DAM71 > 9 months ago, 15 Jan 2008
DAM71
QLD, 498 posts
15 Jan 2008 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Who's up for a friendly challenge? [}:)]

With the state slalom this weekend how about we add a little spice. The highest average ranked team from the slalom results out of BCB, MBM and SEQ wins. Of course it means turning up to the slalom and racing on the same water. I've yet to see a team SEQ member at a WQ event so, lets see if they are up for it. And pierre - do you still remember how to turn around the big floaty yellow bouys. And i'm looking forward to mikey racing with 20kg of lead

The prize - in good qld fashion a carton per team as entrance fee, winner takes all + bragging rights.

nebbian
WA, 6277 posts
15 Jan 2008 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

DAM71 said...

I've yet to see a team SEQ member at a WQ event so, lets see if they are up for it.

OI!!! I resent that, I flew the SEQ flag in the first WQ race last year (redcliffe), as well as the first WQ event of this season (barbecue at Manly).

Of course now I've seen the light and live in WA

Gestalt
QLD, 14123 posts
16 Jan 2008 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

yeah, agree nebbian, i have been to a couple too and participated in the NM challenge etc......

so what are you saying here dam 71.

we can enter buy buying a carton of beer.

no need for race entry fees, membership fees, insurance etc etc..... what the

qldsalty
QLD, 299 posts
16 Jan 2008 12:39AM
Thumbs Up

And the life jacket thing........

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
16 Jan 2008 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

qldsalty said...

And the life jacket thing........
yes salty ya need a life jacket mate wouldnt want you drowning in the wello chop.

DAM71
QLD, 498 posts
16 Jan 2008 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry Nebs, You did indeed race at redcliffe - however, as you have defected west I did forget - my apologies. A shame really as it looks like SEQ could use your help

Gestalt - you have not raced with us this year!!!! I put it to your team to front up to a slalom event and mix it with the rest of us - plain and simple. It will cost your team a carton if you lose, if you win, you will win 2 cartons the ones the BCB and MBM will put up. Hey you might even enjoy it.

Hey vando - your team in?

Salty - We can lend you one if you don't own one. And don't worry we will have resue boat if ya really get into trouble

Chris Ting
NSW, 302 posts
16 Jan 2008 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

You would have had 4 -5 Cockcroaches up there, if the event hadn't been moved from Redcliffe.

Why was this done, with so many sailors travelling from interstate to be at Redcliff for the Formula Nationals/Oceanics 2 days after your State Slalom championships?

DAM71
QLD, 498 posts
16 Jan 2008 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Start boat logistics. But hey if you drive this far for redcliffe then drop over to wello - its on the way. Put up a NSW contingent for the team of the day. I'd be happy to drink tooheys

ka72
QLD, 580 posts
16 Jan 2008 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

I'm in team SEQ and I am planning to race this weekend. Only need a buoyancy vest and I'll be right

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
17 Jan 2008 12:20AM
Thumbs Up

Dam 2 of our guys dont race 2 are in freeride and Pierre well not sure he can turn corners anymore.

qldsalty
QLD, 299 posts
17 Jan 2008 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

Are there life jackets that can be used with waist harnesses? I bet most of you use seat. I tried going back to a seat recently. The result was terrible. Will a impact vest do?

nebbian
WA, 6277 posts
17 Jan 2008 12:19AM
Thumbs Up

Either use a kayaking harness (I got mine from the windsurfing shop near the Gabba) or use a Neil Pryde impact vest that's rated as a flotation device, European standard.
Elmo uses one and reckons it's the bees knees.

DAM71
QLD, 498 posts
17 Jan 2008 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Vando,

Does not matter what class they will race in. That's a shame about pierre - we could have put jc's ciggys in an aquapac attached to his harness to keep him on the water for the whole time.

Had a chat with mikey yesterday - he seems up for it.

Salty, Prolimit make a flotation vest which works with both waist and seat. Simon has them at BC.

mikey100
QLD, 1027 posts
17 Jan 2008 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

I hear that if there is no wind it reverts to a dancing competition---got Vando, Glynn n Pierre in full training. Pierre is just struggling a bit with his piorettes in a tutu. (For those who know him, that's an image you are going to have trouble getting out of your head!)

DAM71
QLD, 498 posts
17 Jan 2008 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Lets do it 80's style! I'll bring the cardboard and you bring the boom box, and we can breakdance challenge. I remember the electric boogaloo, the worm and the backspin.

Mind you i can't make this post any funnier, i'm still laughing at the thought of pierre in a tutu.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"QLD Challenge" started by DAM71