Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

2016/2017 NSW Raceboard Series

Created by bushfire > 9 months ago, 2 Feb 2017
bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
2 Feb 2017 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Three more rounds of this series to go, as follows (NOTE the change to Round 7);

Round 6, Feb 11/12 (Two days) , Huskisson (with the formula crew)
Round 7, Mar 5 (One day - NOTE Sunday), Woollara Sailing Club, Sydney
Round 8, Mar 18 (One day - Saturday), St George Sailing Club, Botany Bay

As per NOR - Registration from 10am, Briefing 10:30am, First possible race 11am.
The registration/rigging area for round 6 is at Beach Street, Huskisson.
Details of Round 7 (location, parking etc) will be posted on this forum.

Current series leader is James G, followed by Doug M, Lea S and Justin L.

AUS 814
NSW, 452 posts
2 Feb 2017 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Ok so no regatta this Sat 4th at St George SC as per the original calendar.?

bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
3 Feb 2017 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, that is right. If you read the previous RB series thread you will see why it was changed

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/New-South-Wales/201617-NSW-Raceboard-D2-Series?page=2#6
Save

AUS 814
NSW, 452 posts
3 Feb 2017 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Apologies I did read it but may not have had my brain switched on

bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
13 Feb 2017 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Another great weekend's racing, this time at Huskisson. Light winds on the Saturday (mercifully not that hot at Husky!) saw 3 races completed and then a building southerly on the Sunday enabled 4 races to be run. Five different race winners highlighted the closeness of the competition, but it was the consistent Lea Sitja who took the weekend followed closely followed by a fast finishing James Grunfelder and returning former gun Cam Harrison.
A big thanks to Craig Ferris, Adam Craven and Brett Morris for the organising the event. It was fun sailing with the formula crew again.

Results:

Series results to date (note that round 6 cannot be dropped);

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
13 Feb 2017 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

yeah, 5 heat winners from 7 heats!! Incredible :-) great fleet racing

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
14 Feb 2017 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Was great to sail with the Raceboard crew again. Many thanks & good one you Glen Morrell. Is always a pleasure working with you. Looking forward to working in with the Raceboard crew next year. Good luck with you final events this season, as unfortunately that's it for us on the Formula front. Back to some club racing and a bit of GPS fun.

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
14 Feb 2017 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting the results promptly Glen. Also congratulations to all the heat winners (Formula and Raceboard) especially Lea, James, Cameron and Richie, as Justin said some really great racing over the whole weekend. And it's always a pleasure to share the course with the Formula crew.

aus368
NSW, 232 posts
27 Feb 2017 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Round 7 of the NSW Raceboard Series is on this Sunday 5 of March at Woollahra Sailing Club.

The club is at 2 Vickery Avenue in Rose Bay NSW, just off New South Head Road. Parking can be a little walk away so you will probably have to drop off your gear and park. Trailers can be pushed on to the park around the club.

The briefing is usually around 12:15 with 3 races back to back from 1pm. Sign on at the club office.

See you there

bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
1 Mar 2017 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Just a quick update on his SUNDAY's racing at Woollara Sailing Club - as per the NOR we can do a maximum of 5 races in a day so that is what we are aiming for. We are looking at registration from 10:30am and briefing at 11am. First possible race at about 12 midday. It looks like it will be quite windy on Sunday so bring your high wind kit!
I think the club is organising a BBQ after racing as well.

See you there.

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Mar 2017 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for organizing it Glenn. I hope to be there.

If the weather is overcast and a bit of rain then usually that keeps the pleasure craft away which is a good thing i reckon

jamesf
NSW, 988 posts
2 Mar 2017 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys is there anyone heading down on Sunday from Newcastle or Central coast who could take a second raceboard down for Akim Halank? Please PM me. Thanks.

AyreForce1
NSW, 333 posts
4 Mar 2017 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Looking forward to Sundays racing - a bit out of practice - a little aprehensive - 6.8m may suffice. Someone needs to ask BrettM to stick to this thread and not confuse by separating the info.

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
5 Mar 2017 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

Hope it went well ladies & gents. Looking forward to seeing the results.

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
5 Mar 2017 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS032 said..
Hope it went well ladies & gents. Looking forward to seeing the results.

It went really well considering the difficult conditions! very gusty and shifty! everyone is sailing well. I think James G won three and Alex from new Cal and Lea won one each. 5 races back to back!
Brett Morris got a second place in Heat 1 and considering that was his first RB race I thought that was good.
John Doolan sailed really well with a storm sail.

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
5 Mar 2017 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

It wasn't my fault the BOM predicted a storm that didn't arrive till 9pm :(

bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
6 Mar 2017 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys, there will be a bit of a delay with the results - trying to decipher the result sheet is a bit difficult....!

bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
6 Mar 2017 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Another fun regatta at a new venue for the Series. Five races in quick succession in some challenging conditions. Most of the fleet were on their high wind kit and this was only right for half the time!
Fantastic to compete with Alex Rous from New Caledonia again, and great to see a few "local" sailors from Woollara.
A big thanks to Brett Morris & Dave Bell for making it all happen, and of course full marks to Adam from WSC for doing a great job on the water and rattling through the races.

Okay - here are the results but I'm not 100% confident that they are correct! Let me know if you spot an error.
Round 7:

Series results after round 7:

AyreForce1
NSW, 333 posts
10 Mar 2017 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Where are the race photos viewable from last Sunday?

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
10 Mar 2017 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

There is a lot of photos on FB

AyreForce1
NSW, 333 posts
11 Mar 2017 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Which FB page?

conan
NSW, 173 posts
13 Mar 2017 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all
Does anyone have a spare raceboard I can borrow for Saturday's regatta at St george sailing club.
Thanks

bushfire
NSW, 350 posts
14 Mar 2017 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

The final round of the 2016/17 NSW Raceboard Series is being run at St George Sailing Club this Saturday, 18th March.
We are fortunate to have former world raceboard Champion Max Wojcek with us on Saturday and he will be running an "Advanced Raceboarding" clinic from 11:00am at the club. A great way to pick up some tips to improve your performance, so be ready to get onto the water by 11am.

The first possible start for racing will be at 13:45, with briefing at 12:30 and registration from 12:00. The club will run 3 races for us.

As this is the series final round, presentation will occur in the club after racing (and after I enter the race results!). The club is also holding a BBQ after racing.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"2016/2017 NSW Raceboard Series" started by bushfire