Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2020 Ezzy sneak peak Taka and Lion

Created by bigdaz > 9 months ago, 28 Jun 2019
bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
28 Jun 2019 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a sneak peak at the 2020 Ezzy Lion and Taka - sounds like some nice refinements!!! Here's a link to the info:
www.surfsailaustralia.com.au/post/ezzy-sails-2020-taka-lion#post1

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
28 Jun 2019 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

And some images

lao shi
SA, 1274 posts
28 Jun 2019 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure about ditching the clear window as I always find the ply windows much harder to see through in sunny conditions.

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
29 Jun 2019 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lao shi said..
Not sure about ditching the clear window as I always find the ply windows much harder to see through in sunny conditions.

Looks like the thread is pretty wide apart, I don't think it will be a problem.
I found this pic online

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
20 Jul 2019 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Found a few more pics of the 2020 Taka, looks like the official production colours.

Not sure which colour I like better.... maybe the blue, looks like it could help with my one footed backies

cjme
2 posts
23 Aug 2019 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Hi all,
nice to see that the history of taka geos on.

Since I have the first Taka, I tried out every year's new release of it.
I have to say - "The first thought is usually the best." !!!

The first thought was: Build a sail ...
- as light as possible,
- as rock-solid as possible
- with much lowend as possible
- with best handling as possible

With respect to this points, the taka one was definitely unbeatable and the best one ever build. A perfect sail for the dreamland dtl spots like Caboverde, Mauritius, Maui... Everywhere where the wind is weak and the Waves are perfect and high.

With every year the sail moves a little bit away from the origin requirements... towards more strongwind stability... I ask me WHY !?!?!? - Ezzy's Elite fits the requirements for stronger Winds perfectly. Nobody needs 2 different models which are almost the same. Ezzy could simply offer the option of using 2 different battens within the the Elite and the result would be the same. And they could bring back the taka back to it's roots!

So, please Dave, give us back the 1 Taka! It was a real enrichement in your wavesail range !!!

Some suggestions for the 2021 Taka:

- Eliminate the neoprene elastomere at the tip (useless , maks sailproduction more expensive and increases weight)
- bring back the venyl window (makes the sail more robust because of the higher flexibilty and does not scratch!!!)
- eliminate the white colors (ok, this is my matter of taste)
- underlay the battenpockets with a thin glued dacron for more load distribution (...as in early times)
- eliminate variotop (but for 3.8)
- eliminate the 3/4 batten

This would reduce the sail weight for another 200-300 gramms - and it would be more solid and early-plannung ...

So I will wait and hope for the 2021 Taka...
Until then, I'll try to find some more taka1 for my stock...
;-)

Byebye from Wave paradise Germany ;-)
Marcus

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
24 Aug 2019 7:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cjme said..

Hi all,
nice to see that the history of taka geos on.

Since I have the first Taka, I tried out every year's new release of it.
I have to say - "The first thought is usually the best." !!!

The first thought was: Build a sail ...
- as light as possible,
- as rock-solid as possible
- with much lowend as possible
- with best handling as possible

With respect to this points, the taka one was definitely unbeatable and the best one ever build. A perfect sail for the dreamland dtl spots like Caboverde, Mauritius, Maui... Everywhere where the wind is weak and the Waves are perfect and high.

With every year the sail moves a little bit away from the origin requirements... towards more strongwind stability... I ask me WHY !?!?!? - Ezzy's Elite fits the requirements for stronger Winds perfectly. Nobody needs 2 different models which are almost the same. Ezzy could simply offer the option of using 2 different battens within the the Elite and the result would be the same. And they could bring back the taka back to it's roots!

So, please Dave, give us back the 1 Taka! It was a real enrichement in your wavesail range !!!

Some suggestions for the 2021 Taka:

- Eliminate the neoprene elastomere at the tip (useless , maks sailproduction more expensive and increases weight)
- bring back the venyl window (makes the sail more robust because of the higher flexibilty and does not scratch!!!)
- eliminate the white colors (ok, this is my matter of taste)
- underlay the battenpockets with a thin glued dacron for more load distribution (...as in early times)
- eliminate variotop (but for 3.8)
- eliminate the 3/4 batten

This would reduce the sail weight for another 200-300 gramms - and it would be more solid and early-plannung ...

So I will wait and hope for the 2021 Taka...
Until then, I'll try to find some more taka1 for my stock...
;-)

Byebye from Wave paradise Germany ;-)
Marcus

Interesting thoughts, I'm not sure I agree though. Unfortunately I never got to try the Taka1 but have had nearly every one since (except the 5). My understanding of the 1 from reading lots of reviews and tests etc.., is that it was great only in really light wind, but handling wasn't as good when wind started to pick up. In every model since they aim to keep as much of that low end awesomeness but give it better handling and range for more conditions. I feel they have definitely accomplished this and I can't wait for the 2020 Taka!!! I switched over to the 2019 Elite this season from my Taka 4's just because I was really keen to try them - not because I didn't like my Takas. I have to say they are great sails and I like them a lot, but the handling is not the same and I do miss my Takas. So I will be using a combination moving forward and switching my quiver to 5.3 Taka, 4.7 Taka and 4.2 Elite for those stronger days. Best if both worlds - I'm stoked they have those two sails in the range and don't feel they are too close in style/range/feel. It's all personal preference though, I hope u can find some more Taka 1's for your quiver - u should be able to get them super cheap if u can find them. Happy sailing!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2020 Ezzy sneak peak Taka and Lion" started by bigdaz