Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Aerotech Adjustable Board Bags

Created by John340 > 9 months ago, 28 May 2014
John340
QLD, 3045 posts
28 May 2014 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

I'd appreciate advice on the performance of these board bags in terms of durability, effectiveness in protecting the board and suitability for car and air travel.

Zachery
597 posts
28 May 2014 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

took one to maui it lasted the one trip, ripped seams but lasted the trip

KevinD002
226 posts
29 May 2014 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

I use one for car travel and it does the job well. I recommend electric taping down the extra straps as they will fly around when traveling on a roof rack. Air travel wise...not sure it would do well

DavMen
NSW, 1498 posts
29 May 2014 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

I've had one for about 10 years ?, its still in reasonable condition and done some fairly hard work for a bag.
Its done one o/s trip the removable wheels where really handy. (haven't had the need for the wheels since). Padding was thick enough to have the board do a return flight without damage.
The zips have never given up unlike many other bags I have owned.
The adjustable length is good when you change boards, currently its used with a JPSS127 75 wide.
Having said that the straps are also its weak point, not in strength but rather just a pain in the back side, to have the extra straps and buckles flying around and banging on the roof of the car when on roof racks. I have also done as the KevinD002 did with tape and zip ties to keep the excess straps at bay which is a fair trade off for versatility.

mr love
VIC, 2294 posts
29 May 2014 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Yep same comment, I have to run another tie down around the bag to stop the buckles banging on the roof of the car.

geared4knots
TAS, 2645 posts
29 May 2014 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Selling a bit of gear now and then including gear bags.
Have seen/sold a few of the Aerotech bags.
The quality is good. Great that it has side walls so sizing is easy.
Well priced. to
Being a sailmaker/repairer i usually can pick up on SH...T products and this is not one of them.

John340
QLD, 3045 posts
29 May 2014 11:33PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the feed back and tips. The shop owner is selling them for $120, so it looks like a good deal.

Baja1000
13 posts
30 May 2014 1:11AM
Thumbs Up

If these are the same as Epic Gear bags which I think they are the one I had was great.

KevinD002
226 posts
30 May 2014 3:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Baja1000 said..

If these are the same as Epic Gear bags which I think they are the one I had was great.

Epic is a part of aerotech I believe.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Aerotech Adjustable Board Bags" started by John340