Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Carbon art 2016

Created by col5555 > 9 months ago, 21 Oct 2015
Wayne
WA, 123 posts
27 Feb 2017 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

My carbon goodness arrived on fri.
No wind as was expected so i'm waiting to ride it.
Just have to make do looking at it.
Unfortunately the kids got to use it before me.
Weighed on 2 different scales (kitchen and bathroom) minus footstraps came at 4.9 kg.

www.seabreeze.com.au/img/photos/windsurfing/11706967.jpg' />

gh
NSW, 151 posts
27 Feb 2017 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a CA rug as well.

shear tip
NSW, 1125 posts
27 Feb 2017 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

I reckon they're the best looking boards on the market.

firiebob
WA, 3131 posts
27 Feb 2017 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice Wayne, happy days mate
I look forward to a report soon

Nerdburger
NSW, 286 posts
8 Mar 2017 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

My new toy, CA 104L AHU, thruster wave board. Hopefully making its way over the ditch asap, for its new home.

uweh
311 posts
8 Mar 2017 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nerdburger said..
My new toy, CA 104L AHU, thruster wave board. Hopefully making its way over the ditch asap, for its new home.
some specs of the board available ? thanks in advance...

billekrub
123 posts
17 May 2017 5:04AM
Thumbs Up

Do not underestimate the experience of The Board Lady!

Remember the waterproof housings on dive cameras, that use rubber ring gaskets. Divers rinse, disassemble, clean, lubricate and reinstall daily, if not after every dive. Of course they sustain greater water pressure. The water around the gasket dries, leaving NACL crystals which form in the seams, making the gaskets uneven. Then they leak. Why wouldn't the salt also clog the Goretex over time?

Rinsing often with fresh water can make a big difference--no salt water, fewer crystals.

Even a vent plug with O-ring could use cleaning.

Must check my SUP right away, as it has one.

duzzi
996 posts
22 May 2017 11:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sailquik said..

boardsurfr said..

col5555 said..
I wonder how the single footstrap placement works for those with shorter legs ?

I just tried an older CA from a friend who is almost a foot shorter than I am. The foot strap positions are fine for him, but way too narrow for me (significantly less than shoulder width apart). I might have bought the board if there had been options to adjust the straps, but it was a no-go without.

It is easy to put more FS plugs in if you know what you are doing.(Or get a professional to do it).

All CA Baords are individually made so you can order virtually any FS position and layout you desire when they are made. I got much narrow stance built on my CA40 speed board with a different rear start layout for my sing;e wide strap.

No, no really. It is not "easy" to put in more plugs. And putting in just 1 set of foot inserts is just a silly way to save some weight.

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
23 May 2017 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
duzzi said..

sailquik said..

boardsurfr said..

col5555 said..

I just tried an older CA from a friend who is almost a foot shorter than I am. The foot strap positions are fine for him, but way too narrow for me (significantly less than shoulder width apart). I might have bought the board if there had been options to adjust the straps, but it was a no-go without.

It is easy to put more FS plugs in if you know what you are doing.(Or get a professional to do it).

All CA Baords are individually made so you can order virtually any FS position and layout you desire when they are made. I got much narrow stance built on my CA40 speed board with a different rear start layout for my sing;e wide strap.

No, no really. It is not "easy" to put in more plugs. And putting in just 1 set of foot inserts is just a silly way to save some weight.

Have you done it

Well, actually it is, if you know what you are doing!

And of course this only applies to second hand boards, because..

You can order any plug placement you want from CA on your new board, including extra plugs.

mathew
QLD, 2027 posts
24 May 2017 5:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
billekrub said..
Remember the waterproof housings on dive cameras, that use rubber ring gaskets. Divers rinse, disassemble, clean, lubricate and reinstall daily, if not after every dive. Of course they sustain greater water pressure. The water around the gasket dries, leaving NACL crystals which form in the seams, making the gaskets uneven. Then they leak. Why wouldn't the salt also clog the Goretex over time?

Rinsing often with fresh water can make a big difference--no salt water, fewer crystals.

Even a vent plug with O-ring could use cleaning.

Dive housings flood because of dust and other micro-particulate - not because of salt crystals.

You are comparing PTFE with 10-micron holes, vs silicon rubber pressing against a flat surface..... completely different.
Salt crystals will be abrasive against the micro-porous surface, [ speculating ...? ] make it ineffective over time.

duzzi
996 posts
26 Aug 2017 4:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sailquik said..

duzzi said..

sailquik said..

boardsurfr said..

col5555 said..

Have you done it

You can order any plug placement you want from CA on your new board, including extra plugs.

I built 3 boards in my long gone building 'career', and putting in plugs requires some skill, more than laminating because you are routing, filling, glassing over and finishing. It is way harder if the board is already finished and frankly it is a good way to ruin the looks of a nice board ... unless you really know what you are doing!

sailquik
VIC, 6074 posts
14 Oct 2017 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
duzzi said..

sailquik said..

duzzi said..

sailquik said..

boardsurfr said..

col5555 said..

Have you done it

I built 3 boards in my long gone building 'career', and putting in plugs requires some skill, more than laminating because you are routing, filling, glassing over and finishing. It is way harder if the board is already finished and frankly it is a good way to ruin the looks of a nice board ... unless you really know what you are doing!

Yep! as I said the first time: Easy if you know what you are doing!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Carbon art 2016" started by col5555