Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Cheeky Monkey WindSUP

Created by mr love > 9 months ago, 3 Jan 2013
mr love
VIC, 2308 posts
3 Jan 2013 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

In the desire for a board to teach my daughters to Windsurf and to have something for me to paddle I designed a crossover Windsurf,SUP for all round family fun.
Stuart from Cheeky Monkey built it for me and did a fabulous job.
It is 10'2 and quite wide at 33" so nice and stable for the girls to learn to sail. Added a centre fin box to act as a centre board and naturally a mast box.
Stuart did the deck in Inegra, similar to Kevlar to resist impacts.

So far has been a great success, probaby not the easiest board to paddle, I think I geared to rocker too much towards the windsurfing equation but it,s OK, certainly gives me a workout which was the idea. Sails really nicely.

I will take some photo's later but here is a quick fun video my friend put together of my girls having fun on it the other day.

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Jan 2013 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

dramatic music!
cool film, i like it

AJEaster
NSW, 695 posts
3 Jan 2013 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

I loved the drama........

Mobydisc
NSW, 9020 posts
3 Jan 2013 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Amazing what you can do with iMovie. Really interested to hear how the board goes and to get some photos of how it looks and is finished.

mr love
VIC, 2308 posts
3 Jan 2013 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Murray is a surfer and bought the Gopro to stick on his board. A week of Southerlies on the East Coast and mushy crap surf had him very frustrated and hanging to get creative with it. So Rye front beach and the my girls on the SUP became his creative outlet. A bit of fun

Will photgraph the board tomorrow and post some pics.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Cheeky Monkey WindSUP" started by mr love