Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

New Naish 2011 Nitrix 105

Created by WINDSURFnSNOW > 9 months ago, 26 Aug 2010
WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1559 posts
Site Sponsor
26 Aug 2010 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Just received our Naish Nitrix 105 litre. Nice wood deck and big comfy deck pads.

One other great feature is that the foostrap positions have a huge range - allowing a much narrower or wider stance than a lot of other boards.

For example, most boards have 35-38cm between the front and back strap at closest settings. The Naish Nitrix has 30cm at closest setting, meaning that smaller people and kids will be able to find a comfortable stance without doing the splits.

A really appealing freeride board. There will be other sizes coming in soon.

stehsegler
WA, 2975 posts
26 Aug 2010 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

nice board... especially love the graphics.

Is this a replacement for the Global Freeride?

WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1559 posts
Site Sponsor
27 Aug 2010 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, and even better, they start at $1999 for the 105 WITH a bag!

stehsegler
WA, 2975 posts
27 Aug 2010 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

holy crap... they should almost sell themselves for that price.

jimbob SA
SA, 917 posts
27 Aug 2010 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

looks just what i want, I gather it being a freeride board it has a powerbox.

Stuey
VIC, 48 posts
29 Aug 2010 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Don't know about selling themselves if you have read the latest boardseeker mag tests. Looks amazing but doesn't seem on par with others in the same category.

elmo
WA, 7919 posts
30 Aug 2010 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

Stuey said...

Don't know about selling themselves if you have read the latest boardseeker mag tests. Looks amazing but doesn't seem on par with others in the same category.

Have you a link?

Stuey
VIC, 48 posts
30 Aug 2010 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Ah check here, I think its the last years naish free ride unit but anyway didn't seem to hit the same mark that the others did. Test says some good things but comparatively to the other free ride boards i would be a bit hesitant.

www.boardseekermag.com/windsurfing-equipment-tests/120-litre-freeride-boards-overview-2010-138.html

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1824 posts
30 Aug 2010 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Stuey said...

Ah check here, I think its the last years naish free ride unit but anyway didn't seem to hit the same mark that the others did. Test says some good things but comparatively to the other free ride boards i would be a bit hesitant.

www.boardseekermag.com/windsurfing-equipment-tests/120-litre-freeride-boards-overview-2010-138.html

Thats not the same board?

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1638 posts
31 Aug 2010 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 2010 Naish Global 90 and it is a super fast super fun board
and also a fun wave board.

If this board is fast like the global 90 then its a winner. I have today ordered a 105 Nitrix. Why? because Naish boards rock, and this board for under $2000 is a steal. Lets remember strapper production boards over 15 years ago were over $2300

lets get behind a brand NAISH delivering the price point we always wanted in our sport.

Russ

Stuey
VIC, 48 posts
31 Aug 2010 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

Fair enough each to his own if you are happy with it then stick with what you like I say, just pointing out current tests. Personally haven't ridden the board, just going off what I have read.

For comparison sake there are a couple of brands also hitting the same price point if you have a look around don't really want to pimp brands so I wont.

The fact that its another board I think it is a similar free ride set up re-branded, may be wrong, I am just a lounge room critic anyway.

BIGKYM
SA, 127 posts
31 Aug 2010 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TASSIEROCKS said...

I have a 2010 Naish Global 90 and it is a super fast super fun board
and also a fun wave board.

The Nitrix board is not the same as your Global"All Terrian" the Koncept
will be the same, An think ya`ll find they are different Technology....
Was posted awhile back.

Boards ==> www.windsurfing44.com/matos/Naish/2011/Naish_2011_Boards_en.pdf

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"New Naish 2011 Nitrix 105" started by WINDSURFnSNOW