Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

season 2013 starts now!

Created by Paul > 9 months ago, 17 Jun 2012
Paul
WA, 346 posts
17 Jun 2012 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

First arrivals early this year. Not quite Xmas in July, but June will do.
I just recieved the first of my new 2013 gear. Can't wait for a chance to try it out. Major changes from the last model and No not everything is four battened this season.
The 5.3 has scrim panels in the top much like Severne have had for a few years to help with weight saving. (yes the look is bit severne s-1 ish) Looks like a bit more leach twist, compared with last year but not too much.
The 4.7 with the white panel is the standard contruction with x-ply rather than scrim, so it will be good to compare the two sails later this week.

barn
WA, 2960 posts
17 Jun 2012 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

That 'S-1 swoosh' is the worst rip-off since the time Holden tried to copy a Chevy..

uweh
310 posts
17 Jun 2012 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

too much tension on the second batten from the top...

thanks for the pictures...

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
17 Jun 2012 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Paul said...

Looking good
What other colours do they come in?
4.2m, 4.7m, 5.2m and 5.7m for me please

djl070
WA, 282 posts
18 Jun 2012 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

uweh said...

I am pretty sure Paul knows how to rig a sail
Its probably straight out of the bag with no adjustments made yet

Paul Kelf
WA, 678 posts
18 Jun 2012 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

That 'S-1 swoosh' is the worst rip-off since the time Holden tried to copy a Chevy..

I'm confused, are you bagging Severne or Tushingham, or maybe both

windsurftom
NSW, 293 posts
18 Jun 2012 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

What happens when you superimpose a Boxer 2006 over a S1 2008.

Looks good except that big mono window!

barn
WA, 2960 posts
18 Jun 2012 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Paul Kelf said...

barn said...

I'm confused, are you bagging Severne or Tushingham, or maybe both

You must be new, I only bag Ezzy, Neilpryde, North and Hotsailsmaui and JP and Starboard and Fanatic and speed sailors and FC holdens and Audi TT's and Powerbalance bands..

The S-1 has a 'swoosh' that has been on the S-1 since the start, the red swoosh on this Tushy is a total copy of the Severne swoosh.. They're not even trying! The pink stripe also looks like it's been flogged off a 2012 North..

It's a distinctive swoosh and it's very aesthetic.. Can't comment on the actual Tushy, good sails from all reports..

There is an infinite number of colours and stripes that can be squeezed into a sail.. No need to copy.

Spotty
VIC, 1619 posts
18 Jun 2012 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

I'm hearing you Barn but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

I was a bit perplexed when I first viewed one earlier this year in Maui,...why?. What appeared to me was pretty much both parts of a Ka and Serverne graphic that have both been around for awhile combined together with some minor black shading on the edge.

It will be probably known as the Kasaverne graphic and help all 3 brands stay afloat in these times

Mungo
10 posts
18 Jun 2012 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

uweh said...

Second batten is fine. The top looks a little tight, but that's probably just the stiffness of the new material. The leach should twist off progressively if the batten tension is correct, which it is doing apart from the top.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"season 2013 starts now!" started by Paul