The Marrawah wave event scheduled for this weekend 6th or 7th has been postponed due to a less than satisfactory forecast.
If the following weekend has a good forecast we will move it to that date. A decision on this will be made mid next week.
Excellent cause I couldn't make it this weekend anyway. Moving the parents to greener pastures this weekend.
Thanks for timely update. Good decision.
Is the wind direction right for the event?
I will have to ask for days off at work ASAP
Thanks in advance
I don't think it is looking great Rafa- which is a shame.
I'll email Kaleb and see what he says.
For Windsurfing Tasmania the general consensus seems to be that we only hold an event when conditions are solid, rather than marginal. This is particularly the case with Marrawah where it is such a long way to drive unless the forecast is looking solid.
On that point too there is a bit of discussion on how WT plans for events to minimise cancellations (eg do we have an "alternative" weekend or location for some events- especially state title events- if the wind doesn't cooperate). If anyone has thoughts/ideas please get in touch with me on anyone on the committee and share your views.
I can't remember seeing the wind forecast changing so much in the summer period, as it did this week.
The weekend forecast for Marrawah looked perfect on Monday,alright on Tuesday, than it went to complete crap yesterday and today most models predict great conditions.
Probably, worth waiting a bit longer to make a call for a long drive, but it starts to look promising again (with Monday looking great as a bonus day for those staying longer).
Sorry for late delay.
We have decided the event will not run!