Wednesday 28th is Launceston Cup.
There was a wave event planned for Launceston Cup, but with an error regarding the date (22 Feb).
Are people keen to run this event, as I assume a few people will be on the water that day anyway. This is not a state title event.
There is also a WT meeting planned for Wed evening. For those who are interested, we can hook you in by Skype to see what is going on.
This is to get a few matters in order prior to Stanley AGM.
Event...I doubt it - wind has gone - surprise, surprise
It still looks like a fairly good chance on BOM. I think we run with an event, conditions dependent.
I'll put something on facebook and I'll decide some times later today.
Forecast has come back with a vengeance for Wed afternoon. I think I'll pack some gear in case of a late sail opportunity. Won't make any comp as I'll be in Hobart during the day.
Its like a yoyo......East might be an option with the low tide..in the afternoon. its hard to predict.
Wind is looking solid. How about a briefing at 11:00 with a two hour expression session style event from about 12 till 2:00?
East or Bellbouy depending on tide and wind.
I would think that a 2pm start is a better bet.. but its hard to call. The swell needs a little time to build I would think. Seabreeze is saying 21 knots at 12.30 and 26 knots at 3.30.
Still hard to say what will happen wind-wise tomorrow...
Low tide is around 5 pm and probably a bit better waves in the afternoon as the swell builds.
I think a late start would be the best (4 pm), but it is all a bit of a speculation at the moment given the unstable forecast...
The forecast has been pretty erratic, but has consistently showed solid wind for most of the afternoon.
I will look at the forecast tomorrow at 8am and call it then.
At this stage I think a 12:30pm briefing and 2:00pm start will be close to the mark.
Briefing 1:00 for 2:00 start.
Meet at East Beach and we'll decide whether it will be East or Bellbuoy then.
There's a few of us gathered at East & it's 18k from NE.
expecting 20k change to W in a few hours.
6 on the water today, but conditions were a bit too fickle to run the event.
Great to see the "sigmars" out on the water.