Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

Wavesailing Diamond Head 1983 with Fraser Black

Created by RichardG 1 month ago, 26 Aug 2018
RichardG
WA, 1841 posts
26 Aug 2018 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Here is what I guess would be a 1983 video, probably just before or after the 1983 Rip Curl Wave Classic in Torquay. The sails appear 1983. I recognise in the video the Gaastra Powerhead Wave sails with Rainbow used by others (a 1983 issue) and it is definitely pre 1984. It is noted Fraser Black is using a Bombora rope universal provided to him possibly by Mark Paul. Good shots of Diamond Head. Notice Fraser is not using a harness.

Flying Dutchman
NSW, 90 posts
26 Aug 2018 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome vid cheers for sharing!

Madge
NSW, 122 posts
28 Aug 2018 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RichardG said..
Here is what I guess would be a 1983 video, probably just before or after the 1983 Rip Curl Wave Classic in Torquay. The sails appear 1983. I recognise in the video the Gaastra Powerhead Wave sails with Rainbow used by others (a 1983 issue) and it is definitely pre 1984. It is noted Fraser Black is using a Bombora rope universal provided to him possibly by Mark Paul. Good shots of Diamond Head. Notice Fraser is not using a harness.

Great film, not a single harness in sight...??????

Spotty
VIC, 1163 posts
29 Aug 2018 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

Would be good to see this again on the big screen, was the first windsurfing movie I ever saw as a teen. It may of had a Diamond Head section along with riding The Door, McTavish's Stingray looking board & Greenoughs spoon board with stainless fin.

RichardG
WA, 1841 posts
1 Sep 2018 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Yes I would like to see Blown Away again. Maybe send an email to Paul Witzig and ask him at: gallery@witzig.com.au. He is a great filmmaker. This is the trailer of the Hot Generation a great film which I have on DVD.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"Wavesailing Diamond Head 1983 with Fraser Black" started by RichardG