Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

Patrik Slalom Series Round 5

Reply
Created by Stuthepirate 5 months ago, 24 Jan 2017
Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
24 Jan 2017 6:46AM
Thumbs Up


Round 5 has been postponed due to scheduling conflicts with the Final Trim Bobcats / Triple Crown Margaret River Wave Classic.

WWA are working with SBYC to arrange a provisional date of Saturday Feb 18th for round 5
More details will be posted here and on the WWA Events Page windsurfingwa.tidyhq.com/public/events

rogerswin
WA, 18 posts
24 Jan 2017 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Great news, more the better, keep up the good work Stu. Having a ball in my first ever season of racing. Should have done it ages ago.

Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
24 Jan 2017 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Roger.
A lot of the credit has to go to the WWA/SBYC crew and all the volunteers running each round. Without them - No racing
Good to see a few SB locals up on the leader board

Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
31 Jan 2017 2:45PM
Thumbs Up


Round 5 has been cancelled due to venue and schedule conflicts
If someone can supply a boat we can run a makeshift round using the WWA markers and trailer
Apologies for the bad news.

madlad
WA, 88 posts
31 Jan 2017 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Bummer..was looking forward to it..

Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
31 Jan 2017 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

If someone(s) can volunteer to help run the racing SBYC have opened up Saturday 11th of Feb for racing.
Any takers?

PM me if you're interested.

Jonski
WA, 2 posts
3 Feb 2017 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Any further updates? I did my first ever slalom race in the last round and loved it.

Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
3 Feb 2017 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see you enjoyed the racing John.
As above SBYC have the 11th available for running round 5.
Unfortunately I'm away for work so we need another volunteer(s) to organise the trailer, scoring etc...
So far no takers.
PM me if interested.

Triage
WA, 216 posts
4 Feb 2017 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

I want to race .. but happy to share scoring, set up, etc with some others if a few guys are happy to get this done as a shared effort. It's great racing, very helpful sailing club (sbyc) and a fantastic location, come on guys lets make this happen

Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
6 Feb 2017 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all. I haven't received any pms or emails for volunteers bar triage above.
If we don't get a dedicated volunteer crew by tonight we'll have to call round 5 off and next racing will be on March 18.

Jonski
WA, 2 posts
6 Feb 2017 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

I am also willing to help if needed.

col5555
WA, 249 posts
6 Feb 2017 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

I can help out.

Triage
WA, 216 posts
6 Feb 2017 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, I just had a look at long range forecast for this Saturday and storms, rain and east to south east wind forecasted which could create a few headaches for sbyc, spectators and volunteers .. Is canceling a smarter option?

Stuthepirate
WA, 2971 posts
9 Feb 2017 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Due to the unfavorable forecast, Round 5 will be cancelled.
Stay tuned for information on Round 6

madlad
WA, 88 posts
9 Feb 2017 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Bummer..



Subscribe
Reply

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia


"Patrik Slalom Series Round 5" started by Stuthepirate