Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

Simmer Style WA Slalom - Round 1

Reply
Created by Stuthepirate 2 months ago, 22 Sep 2018
Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
22 Sep 2018 2:35PM
Thumbs Up


Round 1 is a month away.

Notice of Race
windsurfingwa.org.au/public/pages/slalom-series-format

Tickets for WWA Members
windsurfingwa.org.au/public/schedule/events/20747-simmer-style-wa-slalom-round-1

PM me for SBYC Membership Form

Bring on Summer!

Whitey76
WA, 26 posts
27 Sep 2018 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome mate, just joined WWA & SBYC. If you're doing all the Safety bay races it works out about the same money. Bring on the racing season

Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
8 Oct 2018 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

2 weeks to go until the first Slalom Racing of the season begins.
Great to see a number of you getting behind the SBYC and becoming members.
Remember. PM for SBYC membership forms otherwise tickets can be bought through WWA Website

windsurfingwa.org.au/public/schedule/events/20747-simmer-style-wa-slalom-round-1

Unfortunately due to Family and work commitments my availability to attend racing this season has been somewhat diminished.
Please support the team at SBYC and if you can assist in set up or marshaling during the day this would be greatly appreciated.

Maddlad
WA, 289 posts
8 Oct 2018 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Paid.

Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
16 Oct 2018 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

All. If current forecast stays correct then racing will unfortunately be postponed.
West/North Westerly winds provide off shore racing conditions in safety bay. For safety of all competitors racing wont be held in offshore conditions.
We will continue to monitor the forecast and a final call will be made on Thursday night.

Whitey76
WA, 26 posts
16 Oct 2018 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stuthepirate said..
All. If current forecast stays correct then racing will unfortunately be postponed.
West/North Westerly winds provide off shore racing conditions in safety bay. For safety of all competitors racing wont be held in offshore conditions.
We will continue to monitor the forecast and a final call will be made on Thursday night.


Good call Stu, wasn't looking forward to floating out to sea.

Maddlad
WA, 289 posts
16 Oct 2018 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Foil racing on the river somewhere could be a go. :)

Subsonic
WA, 1410 posts
16 Oct 2018 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stuthepirate said..
All. If current forecast stays correct then racing will unfortunately be postponed.
West/North Westerly winds provide off shore racing conditions in safety bay. For safety of all competitors racing wont be held in offshore conditions.
We will continue to monitor the forecast and a final call will be made on Thursday night.


Thanks for the update Stu. I pray for a change in forecast, but as Whitey said floating out to sea wouldn't be much fun.

clarkee
WA, 172 posts
16 Oct 2018 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stuthepirate said..
All. If current forecast stays correct then racing will unfortunately be postponed.
West/North Westerly winds provide off shore racing conditions in safety bay. For safety of all competitors racing wont be held in offshore conditions.
We will continue to monitor the forecast and a final call will be made on Thursday night.


just putting it out there is Sunday a possibility?
cheers

Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
17 Oct 2018 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Big call.
Sbyc busy running course racing all day.
To squeeze in some downwind slalom maybe just out of reach for our volunteers.
Thar being said..
If it's really windy and boat racing is cancelled we may be able to squeeze in.
No promises

AUS1111
WA, 3143 posts
17 Oct 2018 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Carn let's have it!! Keen as...

Maddlad
WA, 289 posts
18 Oct 2018 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

So when do we find out if it's on or not guys? :)

Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
18 Oct 2018 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
So when do we find out if it's on or not guys? :)


Now

Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
18 Oct 2018 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

So...
Firstly a couple of questions were asked:
1. Q. Can we race in shoalwater?
A. No. Being a sanctuary no organized racing is allowed in the shoalwater reserve. Permits to race include safety bay and the northern end of Warnbro sound.
2. Q. Can we race on Sunday?
A. Not really. The logistics of running course racing and slalom is very difficult.

Stuthepirate
WA, 3367 posts
18 Oct 2018 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Round 1 has been officially postponed.
Due to offshore conditions forecast , competitor safety and no viable location available, we will res hedule this round to a later date.
Apologies to all sailors.
I'll endeavor to reschedule asap.

Maddlad
WA, 289 posts
18 Oct 2018 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Ok thanks Stu. :)

JosieJo
WA, 13 posts
18 Oct 2018 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Stu, no need to apologize !

We appreciate all your efforts



Subscribe
Reply

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia


"Simmer Style WA Slalom - Round 1" started by Stuthepirate