Round 6 is scheduled for Saturday 23rd but with a poor forecast we are now in a holding pattern.
I've requested if we can hold the racing on Sunday 24th in more favorable winds.
This will require agreement from SBYC committee as they have club racing on Sundays.
Initial response looks positive
Watch this space
Still awaiting call for Sunday.
Tomorrow I'll call it.
Sorry to hear about the lack of wind for your racing, but an amazing break in the weather for my brothers solo swim to Rottnest on Saturday!!
Yeah sh!t forecast.
And with the sailing programmed for club championships on Sunday they have no room to move so unfortunately this round is officially postponed
On another note.
This weekend is my last in WA as I'm moving to Adelaide.
It's been a blast sailing with all of you.
Spewing I couldnt get one more sail in with yas.
Thanks for all your hard work with the slalom series, well miss you big time mate! All the best for the move
Ditto what Whitey said Stu!
Thanks so much for organising everything and just being an all round good bloke. All the best in Radelaide mate!
Thanks, Stu for bringing slalom racing back from the dead in WA. Your drive and passion have started something really great which we plan to continue.
RIGHT - who is brave enough to step into Stu's giant shoes and assist WWA with co-ordinating the Slalom Racing at Safety Bay?
The main task is to work with the Safety Bay Yacht Club to organise the dates for slalom and basically keep everyone pumped for racing. If you are keen to see the racing continue, drop us a line at email@example.com