Any impressions on the 2027 Duotone Unit wing?

A week ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
Sergiosza
Sergiosza
6 posts
6 posts
24 Sep 2026 1:15am
Wing design seems to have been deeply modified to accomodate a shorter strut in the new model. Has anybody tested? How does it compare to 2026 version?
11 posts
29 Sep 2026 1:44am
Very little data collected so far, but I had my first go on my 5.5m DLab w/ boom yesterday. (I am 85kg, was on 75L ML and 870UHA foil.) Coming from a 2025 6m SLS. So far, so good! Everything I've come to expect and enjoy in the Unit. The biggest difference I found was that the size difference between the 2027 5.5m and my 2025 6m felt like a lot more than 0.5m, which was a pleasure. It also seems to have a great high end- I was out in about 10-16 kn and it handled the gusts really well. But, hard to tell how much of that is because (a) it's new and crispy, (b) differences between SLS and D/Lab, and (c) design changes from 2025 to 2027. I'm curious about low end, will report back once I get the opportunity. If anything that is my concern as the 2025 was super grunty and I know they traded some low end for efficiency in the 2026.
Sergiosza
Sergiosza
6 posts
6 posts
29 Sep 2026 7:08pm




Nice report Yertle. Change from SLS to Dlab should probably make a diference.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply