BRM L1 parawing. Feedback please.

Today
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
rfh
rfh
28 posts
rfh rfh
28 posts
2 Oct 2026 2:13am
Ok the BRM L1 has been out for a bit. Would love to hear some feedback for those that have ridden them particularly the 7.5m. I currently have the 777 PTSkin 7.3m, which has great low end grunt, but dislikes are too long lines making stashing hard, narrow wind range (easy to over power), and difficulty jibing (down loops, behind the back etc). Any one have tried out the 7.3 and 7.5m?
bigtone667
bigtone667
NSW
1571 posts
NSW, 1571 posts
2 Oct 2026 8:27am
I have both and they are both good. Both have good low end. The lines on the BRM are shorter than the PT.Skin and not as fine.
Both the D handle and bar on the BRM are about half the size of the PT.Skin bar.

The BRM locks in solid with the wind, no wriggling around at all in the wind.

Both of them can be pumped, but the BRM seems to lock onto the wind a little better.

Both are made of light material and pack into a small package.

I have not used the PT.Skin since I got the BRM.


rfh
rfh
28 posts
rfh rfh
28 posts
2 Oct 2026 7:57am
super good info, thank you!! what size of the L1 do you have and what is the wind range? I’m 100kg myself.
bigtone667
bigtone667
NSW
1571 posts
NSW, 1571 posts
2 Oct 2026 4:45pm
rfh said..
super good info, thank you!! what size of the L1 do you have and what is the wind range? I’m 100kg myself.


Greg asked me over a year ago what size I would like and I asked for something over 7m. I think he out did himself with the BRM L1 7.5m.
Completely consistent with the designs he has always pursued. I still have a 2014/2015 17m strutliess Cloud and still kite foil it sub 10 knots.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply