sabfoil razor 1077

2 months ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
carlosk
carlosk
16 posts
16 posts
27 Jul 2026 12:51am
Hey guys,
Anyone here riding the Razor 1077?
I've seen a few comments saying it has almost Leviathan-like lift and gets up ridiculously early for a 1077 cm² foil. Sounds almost too good to be true.
I'm currently on an old Gong Fluid V2 XXL and thinking about making the switch.
My biggest question is the takeoff. Will the 1077 get me up as early as the Fluid V2 XXL, or am I going to lose the low-end?
If you've ridden the 1077 (especially if you've come from a bigger foil), I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Cheers!
WindMode
WindMode
823 posts
823 posts
27 Jul 2026 12:59am
Havent ridden it, but from the looks it seems a great light wind option. Probably similar league to the F-One Eagle V2 1090 I ride as a light wind foil. That thing gets me up in about 15 knots with 4.5 and 12 knots with 5.5 for my 100kgs. Its technique dependent though, it looks like a fast foil, and that requires efficient pumping to get it going. Once you're up it will not come down though.
Seastudent
Seastudent
89 posts
89 posts
27 Jul 2026 7:02am
I bought it to move into a more current design. I was on older Takoon ha foils. The 1077 with the integrated dw stab is very slippery and smooth. Very good low end and really good glide. I was hoping for a little more top end. For me at 100kg and powered up with okay technique I get to about 18 knots of board speed if I'm very focused. Relaxed about 16 knots. The stall characteristics and stall speed are very impressive.
carlosk
carlosk
16 posts
16 posts
27 Jul 2026 7:26am
Seastudent said..
I bought it to move into a more current design. I was on older Takoon ha foils. The 1077 with the integrated dw stab is very slippery and smooth. Very good low end and really good glide. I was hoping for a little more top end. For me at 100kg and powered up with okay technique I get to about 18 knots of board speed if I'm very focused. Relaxed about 16 knots. The stall characteristics and stall speed are very impressive.



Thanks for the feedback, what would you say is the low end? Would it take off in 11 knots at your weight?
Seastudent
Seastudent
89 posts
89 posts
27 Jul 2026 8:45am
It will . It likes quick shallow pumps. It might take a few to get going.
Seastudent
Seastudent
89 posts
89 posts
28 Jul 2026 8:16am
Today was 11 knots breeze. 98 degrees Fahrenheit and fresh water. It got up but not great. Another knot or two or perhaps just a very steady 11 would be better. I'd hate to mislead you. That seems to be the edge.
carlosk
carlosk
16 posts
16 posts
28 Jul 2026 8:45am
Seastudent said..
Today was 11 knots breeze. 98 degrees Fahrenheit and fresh water. It got up but not great. Another knot or two or perhaps just a very steady 11 would be better. I'd hate to mislead you. That seems to be the edge.


Thanks for the feedback. What was the size of the inflatable wing?

rgo
rgo
WA
5 posts
rgo rgo
WA, 5 posts
28 Jul 2026 5:55pm
Can add my 2 cents with impression on the 977 which is supposed to be a smaller version. I'm 80 kg, riding a KT SK2 104L board . gets up no problem in 13kts with a 5m wing, and I'm not really skilled - just some pumps or wait for the occasional bump to push you a little. I guess that with a similar setup I could get the 1077 in 11 kts or so.
Very much agree with Seastudent regarding the characteristics - great glide, turny for its size, easy to pump, excellent stall behavior, but not fast. if you're familiar with Gong, then a similarly sized veloce is quite a bit faster (at least the V3 - haven't tried older versions).

Seastudent
Seastudent
89 posts
89 posts
28 Jul 2026 10:58pm
I was struggling with a 6m slingwing
v5. Pulled out the big guns. Ventis 8.0. Cabrinha Swift 125l.
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply