Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2014 North Dice

Created by pgc > 9 months ago, 16 Jul 2013
pgc
VIC, 883 posts
16 Jul 2013 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

James storm/Team North Rider/ has had the new North Dice wave kite for a Month to test.

Here,s his opinion.

It drifts like nothing else.
The dice is a whole new kite.
You can fly it right in the front of the window in waves and it will sit even in the most radical cut backs and hacks
4 or 5 lines.I prefer 4 lines but i have flown it on 5.
The dice bridal set up makes the kite hold the perfect shape even when over powered.
Lots of low down grunt and surprising boost and huge controllable drift while boosting.
New central large pump vent for quicker inflation.

I give it a ten out of ten in waves . Its Awesome. Thanks North.

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
16 Jul 2013 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

RPS and other dealers have stock coming soon.

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
16 Jul 2013 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Dark side on the New Dice

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
16 Jul 2013 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Drift and boost ?..It must be in the middle of low aspect and hi aspect!.Does it drift better than a neo?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
16 Jul 2013 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

very different look to most other wave brands, the 2nd photo looks very vegas like

Drewm
VIC, 159 posts
16 Jul 2013 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

we're not going to say anything about the kite since we're not allowed to, but we do have a 9m available for demo any time. Just give us a call if you want to try it for yourself :) 0427 927 873

Drew

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
16 Jul 2013 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Looks a bit Dicey to me , looks like its demo time

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
17 Jul 2013 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

You have to try it. Its part rebel/part vegas and part something else. Where as the rebel has huge boost the dice has less boost but drifts thru the sky. James has been realy surprised at the distance he is able to drift.
Very quick changing direction
Kite loops are easy even doubles for dark sides ect.
Very stable when unhooked and hooked
Lots of depower
The new bar has fixed any issues and is great.

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
17 Jul 2013 7:26AM
Thumbs Up

It looks like a vegas with 3 struts...does it have batons?

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
17 Jul 2013 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pgc said..

You have to try it. Its part rebel/part vegas and part something else. Where as the rebel has huge boost the dice has less boost but drifts thru the sky. James has been realy surprised at the distance he is able to drift.
Very quick changing direction
Kite loops are easy even doubles for dark sides ect.
Very stable when unhooked and hooked
Lots of depower
The new bar has fixed any issues and is great.

Looks like it has been built on the Neo platform with some Vegas in it...not sure where the rebel part is coming into it, looking at the canopy...but yeh obviously would have to try it....

And I will...

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
17 Jul 2013 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Suppose we,ll have to roll with it, and see how it goes

Drewm
VIC, 159 posts
17 Jul 2013 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

Suppose we,ll have to roll with it, and see how it goes

That's a proper dad joke.

Chick out on our 9m demo right now in sub-15knots. Working it every now and then but i'd say there's definately no problem with the low end ability of this kite.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
17 Jul 2013 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Personally I feel sorry for any north retailers who are all stocked up with Neos!

kiter63
45 posts
18 Jul 2013 2:19AM
Thumbs Up

Are there pulleys on the Dice (or not)?

When do we get the full scoop from North on the Dice and other 2014 kites?

Tony

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
18 Jul 2013 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
Personally I feel sorry for any north retailers who are all stocked up with Neos!

Me too! Suspect there will some Neo's going at attractive prices very shortly

HappyG
VIC, 290 posts
18 Jul 2013 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

What sizes and a price... looks like a contender for the Ozone Catalyst

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
19 Jul 2013 1:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Drewm said..

we're not going to say anything about the kite since we're not allowed to, but we do have a 9m available for demo any time. Just give us a call if you want to try it for yourself :) tel:0427 927 873

Drew

I was going to ask about that. I thought shops were supposed to keep this under wraps and now reviews are available? That either says the shops are now allowed to speak out or a particular sponsored rider wasn't supposed to say anything and jumped the gun.

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
19 Jul 2013 12:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Saffer,

Yes, we are supposed to keep a bit of a lid on it until given the OK by North. We did get to test ride the new kite and yes it looks very much like a 3 strut Vegas, but feels very different. Not saying any more but we do have a demo of all of the new release 2014 Norths in store now and plenty of info from the workbooks, just can't say anything on the internet for now.

North are going to have another good year

DM

Drewm
VIC, 159 posts
19 Jul 2013 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

The dice will be released to the world on the 20th August. So of you want the skinny on the kite before than, you'll need to chat to the north retailers :)

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
19 Jul 2013 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AKSonline said..

Hey Saffer,

Yes, we are supposed to keep a bit of a lid on it until given the OK by North. We did get to test ride the new kite and yes it looks very much like a 3 strut Vegas, but feels very different. Not saying any more but we do have a demo of all of the new release 2014 Norths in store now and plenty of info from the workbooks, just can't say anything on the internet for now.

DM

That being the case, PGC may want to delete the post before he puts his son's sponsorship in jeopardy.

pgc
VIC, 883 posts
19 Jul 2013 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

yeh sorry jumped the gun so excited but north knows i am only frothing and have given me a slap on the wrist. But its still awesome!!!! see youre dealer now

azza86
QLD, 57 posts
19 Jul 2013 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AKSonline said...
Hey Saffer,

DM

3 strut vegas but feels very different :-( i guess it would given it has pulleys

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
19 Jul 2013 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty certain a pulley each side...like the Neo...it's built on the Neo platform as far as I can tell with some Vegas in the canopy profile etc.

20 Jul 2013 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Saffer said..

AKSonline said..

Hey Saffer,

DM

That being the case, PGC may want to delete the post before he puts his son's sponsorship in jeopardy.

James sponsorship in jeopardy, no way. Plenty of pics around of the dice, including on my camera, but I'll respect North's wishes, and because Tom Court and Tom Herbert said to keep it quite for now. There would be tons of pics of Tom jumping the end of kite beach in Mauritius on the Dice, he was riding it any day there was wind when we were there, and everyone has a camera these days.

HappyG
VIC, 290 posts
21 Jul 2013 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Cats out of the bag in Germany.... It comes in 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13

Looks like a cool kite...

Source: windsurf.de/north-dice-2016

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
21 Jul 2013 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

I think this will be and awsome downwinder kite...boost ...freestyle.... wave..rahhh!!!

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
21 Jul 2013 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Interesting wing tips. Be interesting to get some local crews reviews.

Drewm
VIC, 159 posts
21 Jul 2013 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Plenty of wind this week, if you want to demo it we have a 9m available.

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
21 Jul 2013 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

I'd say its their answer to the park

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
21 Jul 2013 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
terryzarmzof said...
I'd say its their answer to the park

Good eye, me and a north retailer reckon its very similar

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
22 Jul 2013 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

I know around here the park outsold any north kite last season. They had a big hole in their range.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 North Dice" started by pgc