NSW, 7652 posts
17 Apr 2016 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

yeah good on the sharks smh,I like to see em win

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Apr 2016 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Just one premiership would do Al. Is that too much to ask ?

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
17 Apr 2016 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Nah mate it's not I'de love to see them get one,Imagine the district come alive if that happened

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Apr 2016 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said...
smh said..

Nah mate it's not I'de love to see them get one,Imagine the district come alive if that happened

I grew up there . If it did happen I'd have to take a week long holiday

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
17 Apr 2016 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

Cool smh,I reckon you'll have to mate,I cut my teeth at Cronulla,in other words rode the whitewash as a beginner when I was 13,haha.Catching the train almost every weekend with my old bomb 7'6" Gordon and Smith.Then when I lived at Thirroul me and the mates would occasionally venture up there,great area used to love it,Northies pub to

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
17 Apr 2016 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said...
smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

Cool smh,I reckon you'll have to mate,I cut my teeth at Cronulla,in other words rode the whitewash as a beginner when I was 13,haha.Catching the train almost every weekend with my old bomb 7'6" Gordon and Smith.Then when I lived at Thirroul me and the mates would occasionally venture up there,great area used to love it,Northies pub to

Yeah Al I learnt there as well and when we got our drivers licence we'd head down to Garie and Stanwell park and beyond with the occasional weekend away down south or a week up the coast . Cronulla is just packed now . I haven't surfed there for a long time . I'm pretty happy where I am but it's starting to get a bit crowded too

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Apr 2016 3:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

Yeah Al I learnt there as well and when we got our drivers licence we'd head down to Garie and Stanwell park and beyond with the occasional weekend away down south or a week up the coast . Cronulla is just packed now . I haven't surfed there for a long time . I'm pretty happy where I am but it's starting to get a bit crowded too

there is some comedy gold right there

plus the sharks sharks do not deserve any trophies while they still have that grub coach there

wavemaniac
465 posts
18 Apr 2016 3:48AM
Thumbs Up

Those Sharkies do have some good phases in their history,however mostly its gummy stuff.Their current roster looks top 4 ATM.Will be interesting to see if it prevails.??

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Apr 2016 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
Al G said...
smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

You blokes scare me, that's my life. I loved odd trips to stanwell park.
I also loved the Sutherland NP remember the Deer at the Rangers hut on gauri beach.bloody hell AL you got around.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
18 Apr 2016 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
smh said...
Al G said...
smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

I also loved the Sutherland NP remember the Deer at the Rangers hut on gauri beach.bloody hell AL you got around.

I saw half a dozen deer grazing by the side of the road on my way up Mt Ousley on Friday arvo.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
18 Apr 2016 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Cobra said...

smh said...

Al G said...

smh said..

Al G said...

smh said..

I saw half a dozen deer grazing by the side of the road on my way up Mt Ousley on Friday arvo.

Yeah Cobra,I lived at Thirroul for about 12 years then moved to Shellharbour for about 3 years.Used to surf Garie,Eira?(spelling)From Stanwell Park to Kiama everywhere in between and a few beyond,Anyone surf Poverty(down behind Scarborough Pub)?
Used to go on family picnics in the NP,swim in the weir there or canoeing.
Yeah Cobra when I got out of school I did a bit of moving around always coming back to Sydney to work for a few years then move again:lived at Urunga- Sawtell/Coffs-Kirra-Ballina-Thirroul-Shellharbour-Nambucca Heads-Woolgoolga-Avoca-Forster!..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Apr 2016 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

all gold peeps.

The boys and i [13yo] would camp in the roof of the Wombarra surf club roof. We had the best set up there. Leave all our gear there and never do anything wrong(to the clubhouse) and it was a great place for a wave and just a short lungbusting walk up the hill to the station in search of something better

I still tell everyone it is the greatest stretch of coast in the world. Im in love,im bias and im glowing about the old days yeeeeooooow

NewScotty
2350 posts
18 Apr 2016 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

I'm enjoying these posts.
Should have its own thread.
Late 80's I camped at Little Era with a few mates for 1 night.
We hiked around the coast from Garie and set up camp with fire and all. We all got pissed as and woke up with the driest of horrors with bugger all water. It was a great experience but we were so under prepared. I recall so many deer in the valley at dusk. Beautiful area down there.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
18 Apr 2016 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Yeah Cobra,I lived at Thirroul for about 12 years then moved to Shellharbour for about 3 years.Used to surf Garie,Eira?(spelling)From Stanwell Park to Kiama everywhere in between and a few beyond,Anyone surf Poverty(down behind Scarborough Pub)?
Yeah Cobra when I got out of school I did a bit of moving around always coming back to Sydney to work for a few years then move again:lived at Urunga- Sawtell/Coffs-Kirra-Ballina-Thirroul-Shellharbour-Nambucca Heads-Avoca,Forster!..

BTW..Your real name isn't Lucky Star is it Al..

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
18 Apr 2016 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

Al G said..

Yeah Cobra when I got out of school I did a bit of moving around always coming back to Sydney to work for a few years then move again:lived at Urunga- Sawtell/Coffs-Kirra-Ballina-Thirroul-Shellharbour-Nambucca Heads-Avoca,Forster!..

BTW..Your real name isn't Lucky Star is it Al..

Haha,nah not my name SB,I've been lucky to have enjoyed a lot of places though

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
18 Apr 2016 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
all gold peeps.

The boys and i [13yo] would camp in the roof of the Wombarra surf club roof. We had the best set up there. Leave all our gear there and never do anything wrong(to the clubhouse) and it was a great place for a wave and just a short lungbusting walk up the hill to the station in search of something better

I still tell everyone it is the greatest stretch of coast in the world. Im in love,im bias and im glowing about the old days yeeeeooooow

Scarborough/Wombarra surf club hey Chrispy,Cool.Did you grow up there or down Wollongong way somewhere?Had a couple of mates that lived at Scarborough and knew 2 brothers the Dodds's used to surf and where in the surf club.as you say it's one of the best stretches on the east coast,heaps of breaks to choose from within a few miles of one another!...

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
19 Apr 2016 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Meanwhile..back at Chook headquarters..

wavemaniac
465 posts
19 Apr 2016 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

SB?.....1/6, that 15 cents and about all those feather dusters are worth

BUT, theres always Nick's chequebook, its where all future Roosters are perching.....just you wait and see

ba ha ha ha

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
19 Apr 2016 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

What...and red vee bring all their players through their ranks..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

What...and red vee bring all their players through their ranks..

the red v have brought in plenty of juniors through the ranks over the years

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
19 Apr 2016 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Apr 2016 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

Best movie of all time

wavemaniac
465 posts
19 Apr 2016 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Nick has all the Roosters juniors tucked away up his(sleeve,in the back of his chqbook/in his Ark)

multiple choice SB, take your pick

PS....all of the above isn't a choice!

wavemaniac
465 posts
19 Apr 2016 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

SB, do you actually KNOW what a local junior is?

wavemaniac
465 posts
19 Apr 2016 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

YES, I know....rare as Hens teeth in the East, haven't been spotted since the dinosaur era

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Wave maniac is not Chrispy .
Chrispy has never had three post in a row to give a verbal, he is fark'n A Grade. Wavaniac needs a bit of practice on the speed ball

wavemaniac
465 posts
20 Apr 2016 2:42AM
Thumbs Up

Who needs the ball,SPEED please!

Cobra
9106 posts
22 Apr 2016 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

I haven't seen a paper in weeks & have no idea the in's & outs of souths team tonight, but I have this feeling in my left nut we will be victorious tonight .

thePup
13831 posts
22 Apr 2016 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Play like last week and your pants will be up around yer necks that was awful & I said to the chrispyman in the first few minutes it didn't look flash

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL 2016" started by chrispy