Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Cobra
9106 posts
21 Sep 2017 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said..
In Cobra style is this pictures of me surfing or where did you surf today threat

?

I'll answer it for him chrispy.

its his way of having a go, but pushing the blame.

btw I love SA surf pics.

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
21 Sep 2017 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Ahh, Kiddies corner again!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 Sep 2017 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Got out there today for the first time in over a month. Banks still bad but i paddled up the beach and rode this left that got better as the tide dropped. About waist high. Had a ball on the 11 footer

Cobra
9106 posts
21 Sep 2017 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandsy1 said..

Nice input mate , or do you think you can stick your nose in without somebody havin a swipe?

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
21 Sep 2017 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Sandsy1 said..

Nice input mate , or do you think you can stick your nose in without somebody havin a swipe?

I'm lost is he just posting a picture of where he surfed,buggered if I know?

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
21 Sep 2017 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandsy1 said..

nice pic mate ...re the other comments ..northerly wind syndrome ...

SP
10979 posts
21 Sep 2017 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Got out there today for the first time in over a month. Banks still bad but i paddled up the beach and rode this left that got better as the tide dropped. About waist high. Had a ball on the 11 footer

Seems the banks are pretty ordinary all the way up the coast.
You getting northerlies down there?.

Could be a long hot dry summer.

Cobra
9106 posts
21 Sep 2017 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hahaha the kiwi has spoken

really stugglin to get any sort of wave ATM with these NE winds
would Be the strangest weather we've had in years , no rain, no south swell.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 Sep 2017 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

smh said..

Seems the banks are pretty ordinary all the way up the coast.
You getting northerlies down there?.

Could be a long hot dry summer.

Yeah SP it's north east wind . We need rain bad . Everything is brown. Banks are the worst I've seen them here . They were good a few months back.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
21 Sep 2017 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Cobra said..

Sandsy1 said..

Looks like a good bank though

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
21 Sep 2017 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Macaha said..

Cobra said..

Sandsy1 said..

Looks like a good bank though

Found a Central Coast Real Estate aerial. Surfed it on my own in the middle of the day, yesterday and today. Doesn't get much size, but it will do.
Yeh Mac, I'm always lost too!

Warnsey
NSW, 83 posts
21 Sep 2017 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Nice little 1.5ft peelers around 5.30am this morning. Had the beach to myself for the first 45mins. Heaven.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
22 Sep 2017 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Im about to head off to the place I got those lefts yesterday. No rush though because it will get better with the tide going out.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
22 Sep 2017 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Where did I surf today ... ummmmmmmmmmmm .... Whale should I start ... I could start "blubbering" about the north winds, or I could "breach" the point of water safety, or perhaps just drag my "carcass" to the beach .... but no I will not cause some putz, put a stop too surfing here by burying a bloody whale right next door to our main patrolled surf beaches .... So where did I surf today ....... flipping now where ..where will i surf tomorrow ...flippin no where ... and so on and so on and so on. (and repeat for months to come .....)

SP
10979 posts
22 Sep 2017 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..
Where did I surf today ... ummmmmmmmmmmm .... Whale should I start ... I could start "blubbering" about the north winds, or I could "breach" the point of water safety, or perhaps just drag my "carcass" to the beach .... but no I will not cause some putz, put a stop too surfing here by burying a bloody whale right next door to our main patrolled surf beaches .... So where did I surf today ....... flipping now where ..where will i surf tomorrow ...flippin no where ... and so on and so on and so on. (and repeat for months to come .....)

I heard they are digging it up and moving it. Swellnet maybe had an article.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
22 Sep 2017 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Sounds like you're having a whale of a time Climber. I went back to where I went out yesterday. It wasn't as good. Smaller and inconsistent but better than nothing .

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Sep 2017 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

We have no surf. **** banks. Crap winds and it is not changing in a hurry

Cobra
9106 posts
22 Sep 2017 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Climber Good luck with the months.

try a year or two.

that oil will leach out for a long time.

best thing they can do is dig it up, I remember seeing some YouTube footage of the yanks blowing one up on the beach.

SP
10979 posts
22 Sep 2017 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

I love that clip...

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
22 Sep 2017 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
I love that clip...

Imagine the smell

thePup
13831 posts
22 Sep 2017 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

just popped over for an arvo looksee - but it's smashed to pieces by the wind sadly

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
22 Sep 2017 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

They're really not thinking this problem through

what they need to do is keep a crew on Japanese chefs and backyard BBQers on standby for these sorts of emergencies

problem will be fixed in a few days

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
22 Sep 2017 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

climber said..

They're really not thinking this problem through

what they need to do is keep a crew on Japanese chefs and backyard BBQers on standby for these sorts of emergencies

problem will be fixed in a few days

Gold OB .... but you are right .. council did not think it through

Some reason has come to roost in the council though... or at least the State / National govt ... 50K has been given to the council to now dig it up.
So won't be surfing here much in coming weeks or months as I think we can all imagine the umm err "left overs" when they start exhuming the carcass, but at least we won't have bully trail for years to come
I feel road trip weekends are upon us

And yes ..the exploding whale Funny as F..... now that is really not thinking it though :)

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
22 Sep 2017 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

I'm probably glad there's not much around got the dreaded man flu

thePup
13831 posts
23 Sep 2017 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

a bit of old fashioned grovelation unfortunately - onshore stuffed it very early on but seeing as I was there I did the deed anyway

Warnsey
NSW, 83 posts
23 Sep 2017 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Same as above. Worked hard for very few.

Just keep having to say to myself "there is no better way to start the day".

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 Sep 2017 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing here... went for a dip,but with dirty cold notherly water that ended up crap as well

thePup
13831 posts
24 Sep 2017 5:25AM
Thumbs Up

Got up super keen , chortled to myself that it would be a farkin magnificent SS (Sunday Surf) .... but alas despite there being swell , the devil north has turned it to pish .... farkin pish .... tail between legs & back home spewing

Warnsey
NSW, 83 posts
24 Sep 2017 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

Absolute rubbish this morning. I still went in but couldn't even claim one. Nice way to start the day though...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Sep 2017 5:42AM
Thumbs Up

I'm going to learn how to kite surf

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo