Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

2018 GPS/Slalom Series

Created by GPSWindsurfing > 9 months ago, 22 Aug 2018
byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
13 Jan 2019 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Well forecast are just that and with a bad forecast every now and then it is WAY better than expected. 15 to 20 knot southerly all day.
Marmong point sailing club turned it on 10 Slalom races and 1 GPS over the weekend 9 slalom races today a unreal down wind slalom course was set.
A big thanks to the volunteers on the boats to make this happen.
what a hoot so much more fun than just sailing the same old places and especially with friendly people that was just great adrenaline sailing.
Results up soon but a big congrats to Remi. for being the NSW slalom champion it was fantastic close racing between so many people .

OPEN
1st Remi
2nd Byron
3rd Murray

MASTERS
1st Byron
2nd Geoff
3rd Rick

LEGEND
Rick

WOMEN
Dezza

tbwonder
NSW, 643 posts
13 Jan 2019 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Just waiting on Murray and Roger to post their GPS tracks from Saturday so I can process the results.
Does Roger use KA72?

Update: I now have all the files

Roger303
NSW, 160 posts
13 Jan 2019 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hi tbwonder; just put me as a dnf, as I didn't have the right sails on the day and wasn't worth uploading the file. (By the way yes I have been using ka72). Rgds Roger.
Thank you to you and the organisers.

muz720
NSW, 81 posts
13 Jan 2019 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Done Andrew
as I fight my eyelids from closing
thanks mate

tbwonder
NSW, 643 posts
13 Jan 2019 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

Preliminary Results for the GPS Event 4 at Coal Point. (I will check them tomorrow)

A 30 minute race that started at 1:48pm

Berowne's GPS file contained no data for the period of the GPS Race
Jeff Davies's GW60 failed to record correctly due to a low satellite count

tbwonder
NSW, 643 posts
13 Jan 2019 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

GPS Series Totals
Congratulations to all the Category winners.

tbwonder
NSW, 643 posts
14 Jan 2019 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Short action replay video

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
14 Jan 2019 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Very cool replay action

Bummer on the gps satellite fall out Jeff and Berowne, my watch did the same on Saturday, it lost around 5ks of data, but I posted with the bt31. Yesterday's data on watch and bt31 however was exactly the same to a decimal point does that mean someone sent us back the satellites?

Another great weekend, thanks to everyone who organised the events and gave their time to us, the whole series this summer has been superb.

tbwonder
NSW, 643 posts
14 Jan 2019 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Dezza, currently across our part of NSW we have a satellite weak spot for about an hour each day it is currently around 1-2pm and gets a few minutes earlier each day. A month ago it was around 4-5pm which was prime sailing time. By next month it will be in the morning and will no longer be a problem. Hopefully this pattern will not repeat again.

Quote: GPS satellites fly in medium Earth orbit (MEO) at an altitude of approximately 20,200 km. Each satellite circles the Earth twice a day.

Boston!
NSW, 248 posts
14 Jan 2019 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tbwonder said..
Dezza, currently across our part of NSW we have a satellite weak spot for about an hour each day it is currently around 1-2pm and gets a few minutes earlier each day. A month ago it was around 4-5pm which was prime sailing time. By next month it will be in the morning and will no longer be a problem. Hopefully this pattern will not repeat again.

Quote: GPS satellites fly in medium Earth orbit (MEO) at an altitude of approximately 20,200 km. Each satellite circles the Earth twice a day.

I love that you know these things so that we don't have to, Andy. Thanks for all your efforts in putting the results together.

muz720
NSW, 81 posts
17 Jan 2019 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

NSW State Slalom Results 2018 - 19

Any issues send me a message

I think we all got some great racing in on Sunday thanks to our great boat crews.

Team NSW should be dialed in for Green Island 2019!

Squish
NSW, 124 posts
18 Jan 2019 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7924 posts
20 Jan 2019 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I drop out from 5 secs to 12 seconds in the replay.. I posted with the watch but wore a GT31..

berowne
NSW, 1219 posts
21 Jan 2019 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Great photos!

AUS4
NSW, 1250 posts
24 Jan 2019 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

You can't win if your not on the line at the start

AUS4
NSW, 1250 posts
24 Jan 2019 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS4 said..
You can't win if your not on the line at the start

You're

muz720
NSW, 81 posts
24 Jan 2019 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics Nathan, thanks for covering the event.

Such great words of wisdom from you Rick.

I think you might be a little rusty from not doing much slalom racing in the recent years.

You might want want to consider attending some more slalom events to hone your slalom starts.

As as a wise man once said "I luv slalom"

AUS4
NSW, 1250 posts
24 Jan 2019 11:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
muz720 said..
Great pics Nathan, thanks for covering the event.

Such great words of wisdom from you Rick.

I think you might be a little rusty from not doing much slalom racing in the recent years.

You might want want to consider attending some more slalom events to hone your slalom starts.

As as a wise man once said "I luv slalom"

Do you have any in mind?

juicyfruit
86 posts
10 Mar 2019 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Look like you guys had a great event, but were there really only 10 entrants?

byronmc
NSW, 500 posts
15 Mar 2019 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

we had around 30 at the state slalom at Myall lakes but we had no result so this was a rescheduled event and then forecast was not great but like many times this year everyone who didn't come was the looser as we did 10 powered up slalom races and had a fantastic weekend.
Shame people who do GPS and race don't come and enjoy the fun casual racing.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"2018 GPS/Slalom Series" started by GPSWindsurfing