NSW, 5772 posts
4 Apr 2017 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

So any results?

AUS02
TAS, 1760 posts
5 Apr 2017 6:29AM
Thumbs Up

Back in TAS after an epic road-trip, including dodging floodwaters on the way home! Got to Burrum and had 4 days sailing in a row in nice flat water, including some great blasting conditions on the Monday. Met heaps of great people and was good to be able to put some faces to the names on Seabreeze. Had a lot of fun exploring Burrum and the surrounds on no-wind days. Big thanks to Anne, David, Geoff, Dylan, Glenn and Rob for organising the event and all the sponsors!

John340
QLD, 1532 posts
5 Apr 2017 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS02 said..
Back in TAS after an epic road-trip, including dodging floodwaters on the way home! Got to Burrum and had 4 days sailing in a row in nice flat water, including some great blasting conditions on the Monday. Met heaps of great people and was good to be able to put some faces to the names on Seabreeze. Had a lot of fun exploring Burrum and the surrounds on no-wind days. Big thanks to Anne, David, Geoff, Dylan, Glenn and Rob for organising the event and all the sponsors!

Epic trip!

sboardcrazy
NSW, 5772 posts
5 Apr 2017 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Thanks!

waricle
QLD, 351 posts
5 Apr 2017 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

What happened to Tibors result?
looks like I did a Steve Bradbury and got kicked up to third in legends IM A LEGEND

aussieboats
NSW, 176 posts
7 Apr 2017 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Any body got photos

F2
QLD, 164 posts
7 Apr 2017 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Got some great one's of you Mark, took a lot of photo's.

Steve Charles
TAS, 979 posts
9 Apr 2017 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

I am back too. Sorry just wanted to have the 100th post on this thread. Well said Dave....

AUS18
QLD, 18 posts
10 Apr 2017 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone,We are back home now too to the epicenter of Cyclone Debbie - spent the last week assessing damage and cleaning up. It was great to have been away at Burrum while everything was going on up north here in Airlie Beach. Thank you so much to the organisers for putting on an event which always had competitor safety as first priority in the face of challenging conditions.A massive thank you also to Simon of Board Crazy for making my trip all the better by giving away an Starboard Isonic board which I was lucky enough to win! At the time I had no idea if the Kona and old Windtec slalom board were still on my verandah or if they'd blown away in the cyclone. Funnily enough, the borderline category 5 super storm didn't touch them! Simon's generosity proves that there are still people in our windsurfing community who believe in giving to the sport in a major way such as what he did on this occasion. The other sponsors for the event and people who put in their time to ensure the competitors have a great experience really make it a simple task for everyday windsurfers to spread the word about how relevant the sport still is. We all know that the more we all get out on the water, the more the sport is seen and grows. Regards,Dennis.

John340
QLD, 1532 posts
11 Apr 2017 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
F2 said..
Got some great one's of you Mark, took a lot of photo's.

Geoff, can you post your photos to Dropbox?

AusMoz
QLD, 834 posts
11 Apr 2017 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS18 said..
Hi everyone,We are back home now too to the epicenter of Cyclone Debbie - spent the last week assessing damage and cleaning up. It was great to have been away at Burrum while everything was going on up north here in Airlie Beach. Thank you so much to the organisers for putting on an event which always had competitor safety as first priority in the face of challenging conditions.A massive thank you also to Simon of Board Crazy for making my trip all the better by giving away an Starboard Isonic board which I was lucky enough to win! At the time I had no idea if the Kona and old Windtec slalom board were still on my verandah or if they'd blown away in the cyclone. Funnily enough, the borderline category 5 super storm didn't touch them! Simon's generosity proves that there are still people in our windsurfing community who believe in giving to the sport in a major way such as what he did on this occasion. The other sponsors for the event and people who put in their time to ensure the competitors have a great experience really make it a simple task for everyday windsurfers to spread the word about how relevant the sport still is. We all know that the more we all get out on the water, the more the sport is seen and grows. Regards,Dennis.

Keep your boards locked up mate! Don't want any grubs helping themselves to your Isonic!

You know what I am referring to!!!!

Moz

WindWanderers
82 posts
16 Apr 2017 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Apologies for the delay. Final results have been posted at www.windfest.info/Results/2017.aspx along with a link to almost 300 photos from the event. We've been assembling the historical results from other events at this site for the last week or so. The site will now continue to be a hub for announcements for future events and results from past ones.

The dates for next year (2018) have also been announced on the www.windfest.info homepage, for anyone that needs to plan their leave requirements in advance. These dates are now cast in stone.

WindWanderers.

snorkel692
QLD, 77 posts
16 Apr 2017 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

That's fantastic to have the dates set so early! Will start planning!!!

Haggar
QLD, 1531 posts
18 Apr 2017 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

thanks also for the great photos !

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Burrum Windfest 2017" started by WindWanderers