choco said..

madlad said..

my7thlife said..

madlad said..

Rob11 said..

madlad said..
Aww man...i preferred the look of the Evo 9 to that to be honest.. :(

+1, completely missed the mark IMO

It looks like a freo dockers womens afl guernsey...

get your evo 9's while you still can...

I wanted one but i was told they werent available and had to wait for the Evo X. I'm getting one as a warranty replacement/upgrade and to be honest i'm not keen after seeing that pic of the new colours. Its the drabbest looking sail ive seen in a long time. :(

Maybe they'll have more than one colour option? all sails look better in the flesh pictures sometimes don't do them justice.

I think they usually only come in the one colour option though. I think they will lose sales because of this colour selection.

Quote from Windsurfing44

"Yes indeed 7 slats, huge sheath, feeling much more direct than the past years, in short the one who loved Pryde for his feeling will find a big change in the hands. The description that a rider gave us after a test of 7.8 ...: I will say a mix of AC One from Point-7 and Warp from North.

We do not realize this picture but the panel that is crossed by the wish is huge, it's quite impressive in real life."

madlad
WA, 139 posts
6 Dec 2017 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
choco said..

madlad said..

choco said..

madlad said..

my7thlife said..

madlad said..

Rob11 said..

madlad said..
Aww man...i preferred the look of the Evo 9 to that to be honest.. :(

+1, completely missed the mark IMO

It looks like a freo dockers womens afl guernsey...

get your evo 9's while you still can...

I wanted one but i was told they werent available and had to wait for the Evo X. I'm getting one as a warranty replacement/upgrade and to be honest i'm not keen after seeing that pic of the new colours. Its the drabbest looking sail ive seen in a long time. :(

Maybe they'll have more than one colour option? all sails look better in the flesh pictures sometimes don't do them justice.

I think they usually only come in the one colour option though. I think they will lose sales because of this colour selection.

Quote from Windsurfing44

"Yes indeed 7 slats, huge sheath, feeling much more direct than the past years, in short the one who loved Pryde for his feeling will find a big change in the hands. The description that a rider gave us after a test of 7.8 ...: I will say a mix of AC One from Point-7 and Warp from North.

We do not realize this picture but the panel that is crossed by the wish is huge, it's quite impressive in real life."

Sorry Choco i'm not really following that quote. Is it saying there are other colour options coz that seem s to just be talking about handling characteristics to me.

WA, 302 posts
7 Dec 2017 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

If you are buying a NP RSR for the colour you are buying the wrong sail!

madlad
WA, 139 posts
7 Dec 2017 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
25 said..
If you are buying a NP RSR for the colour you are buying the wrong sail!

Of course youre not buying it just for the colour, but if it looks good while going fast its better than going well but looking like a box of turds..

Subsonic
WA, 1088 posts
7 Dec 2017 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Errrr, youll have to forgive my ignorance im not completely up to speed with the No Pryde range of sails, isnt that a pic of an RS?

Are the colour schemes the same across the range each year? I thought you ordered an evo maddy...

Doesnt matter, i wont have to look at it when youre behind me anyways.

Roo
535 posts
8 Dec 2017 5:46AM
Thumbs Up

In all its pinkness!

madlad
WA, 139 posts
8 Dec 2017 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Subsonic said..
Errrr, youll have to forgive my ignorance im not completely up to speed with the No Pryde range of sails, isnt that a pic of an RS?

Are the colour schemes the same across the range each year? I thought you ordered an evo maddy...

Haha i definitely ordered an Evo Spooky, but if it looks like that i'll wish i didnt.

Oh really? How did that work out for you last round of the slalom series?

John340
QLD, 1704 posts
8 Dec 2017 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Is it unikely that the Evo is the same as the RS.

I like the pinkness. It also provides a point of difference to other brands:
NP - pink
North - white
Severne - red
GA - pastel
Point 7 - black
Avanti - yellow
Loft - white / orange
Gun - red / blue
S2 - red / blue
Maui - Grey
KA - yellow / red
Simmer - lime green

NordRoi
188 posts
8 Dec 2017 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
The description that a rider gave us after a test of 7.8 ...: I will say a mix of AC One from Point-7 and Warp from North.

So, it's a sail will BRUTE FORCE and easy handling? I think this it's what every sail try to achieve? Evo 8 is an easy sail to handle, specially in the top end...less brute force to get up and go. For those who think they change sail just to make money, what I heard from pro sailors is if they can't improve something on the sail, they keep the same sail and not creating another sail in the catalogue, but hey...maybe NP do a lot of R&D.

I'm personally waiting for the new Severn, was disappointed with the durability of the Evo8, maybe all slalom sail can't last long....but will see.

Subsonic
WA, 1088 posts
Sunday , 10 Dec 2017 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Roo said..
In all its pinkness!

Itll certainly stick out

seanhogan
2671 posts
Monday , 11 Dec 2017 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

A2 fine tuning his evo 10

ka43
NSW, 2667 posts
Monday , 11 Dec 2017 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Your a bad man Sean!!

AUS4
NSW, 855 posts
Monday , 11 Dec 2017 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Subsonic said..

RS is EVO X.

RS Racing Evo X.

choco
SA, 3198 posts
Tuesday , 12 Dec 2017 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

gavnwend
NSW, 895 posts
Tuesday , 12 Dec 2017 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

They all look light from looking at the specs

madlad
WA, 139 posts
Tuesday , 12 Dec 2017 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gavnwend said..

Yeah but what about the colour Gav? You know, the important stuff.. ;)

gavnwend
NSW, 895 posts
Tuesday , 12 Dec 2017 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
madlad said..

gavnwend said..

I have be known to buy & sail outrageous coloured sails. seriously they have gone a bit wild in choosing their colours.

madlad
WA, 139 posts
Wednesday , 13 Dec 2017 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gavnwend said..

madlad said..

gavnwend said..

I have be known to buy & sail outrageous coloured sails. seriously they have gone a bit wild in choosing their colours.

I like outrageous colours, its the decidedly drab looking mauve coloured thing in the earlier pics that concern me. I much prefer the wild colours of the Evo 9 at this stage.

Roo
535 posts
Thursday , 14 Dec 2017 3:33AM
Thumbs Up

In all its glory, all stickered up and the season over.

Roo
535 posts
Thursday , 14 Dec 2017 3:39AM
Thumbs Up

Interesting new concept called Airflow Batten Layout. Looks familiar, remember it was used on speedsails 30 years ago.

Here's ITV's speedsail from 1988/89/90

geoITA
114 posts
Thursday , 14 Dec 2017 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Roo said..
Interesting new concept called Airflow Batten Layout. Looks familiar, remember it was used on speedsails 30 years ago.

Here's ITV's speedsail from 1988/89/90

Yes, but also the other way around ... I remember someone was using downward oriented battens in order to get some upward lift from the airflow following the battens. Not sure, but I think he was Barry Spanier himself (at that time, head of neil Pryde R&D).

my7thlife
26 posts
Friday , 15 Dec 2017 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

it's time we all realise pink is the new yellow (it seems neil pryde figured that out sooner than everybody else)

Maddlad
WA, 49 posts
Saturday , 16 Dec 2017 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
my7thlife said..

it's time we all realise pink is the new yellow (it seems neil pryde figured that out sooner than everybody else)

I got no problem with the bright pink and black, it's the dull and drab looking purple that makes it so uninspiring IMO.

Sparky
WA, 597 posts
Saturday , 16 Dec 2017 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

When will you get yours Maddlad? What size? We know what colour.

Maddlad
WA, 49 posts
3 hours ago , 17 Dec 2017 8:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sparky said..
When will you get yours Maddlad? What size? We know what colour.

Not sure Sparky, I've been told I'm first cab off the rank so I'm just waiting to hear when it's ready so I can go pick it up...
im getting the 7metre.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2018 Neilpryde RS:Racing EVO 10" started by fer