Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

2015 Australian Wavesailing Titles - Flatrock

Created by batstonem > 9 months ago, 26 Feb 2015
batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
25 Jul 2015 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Peto,

Its going ahead on those dates. We've got the website up but content not filled in yet. www.auswavenationals.com

The flat rock camp park is the closest site to the comp area. Lake Ainsworth Caravan park is in Lennox Heads itself where a lot of the social stuff will be which is another close cheap option.

Plenty of houses and apartments in Lennox if you are looking for something a bit more upmarket.

Cheers,

Martin

peto
NSW, 405 posts
25 Jul 2015 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Martin. Looking forward to it.

jh2703
NSW, 1222 posts
25 Jul 2015 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

We've grabbed a house in Lennox for 9 days 100m from the beach, it was quite reasonable and plenty to choose from. Can't wait to try this place out, it looks sweet.

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
25 Aug 2015 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

All on track for Flat Rock in November guys and girls so I hope all the holiday forms are in. Sand banks are great and the sea breezes have started already!

Sunday saw a couple of foot south easterly swell with 15-20 knots from the North.

Pretty much unheard of for winter. I was back to work on Monday with a big hole in each hand.

Sorry about the blurry photo in the middle.

The poster above says it all. El Nino means weaker trade winds and stronger sea breezes. So cancel the trip to Maui and come to Flat Rock instead!

russh
SA, 3023 posts
28 Sep 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

A quick heads up = I opened the wavenationals.com to check out web page & if registration was open / cost and it sent my anti virus into overdrive - threats detected - not sure whats happening with it but its rarely that I get an screen alert!!!

Scan detects:
Trojan:JS/Iframeinject.AE Severe threat - executes commands from attackers

Thanks for spell check advice - Fkn grammer natzi

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
28 Sep 2015 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hammered your spellcheck too

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
28 Sep 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Apologies for that! Not sure whats going on there. Got the same message myself just then when I opened it.

Good news is that all the permits are in. Lots of sponsors on board and more coming we hope.

Thanks so far to

Severne
StarBoard
SurfFX
Core Board Sports
Lennox Hotel
Fishy Fishy restaurant

Registration should be opening soon.

Just a heads up for those coming to Ballina - you will need to be a paid up member of an AWA affiliated club to compete for insurance reasons. They include of course NSW Wave Sailing, QLD Freewave, Wind wanderers etc etc. You will be able to join up there but I am sure your local windsurfing clubs would appreciate your membership.

Any questions please get in touch with me,

Martin

Finn0
NSW, 50 posts
30 Sep 2015 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Scored some good starboard tack wave sailing at Flat Rock this months, port tack footage is from this time last year.

Knottedup
573 posts
1 Oct 2015 4:29AM
Thumbs Up

A good way to finish.
YES .... on a tabletop!

Forrest
NSW, 11 posts
4 Nov 2015 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone going to the nationals who's renting a house with some spare room? Even if it's just a back yard that we can camp in and we'll still chip in obviously haha

Yeww see you all there!

RocketBen
QLD, 27 posts
5 Nov 2015 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

Martin
Where and when is the first Briefing?

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
5 Nov 2015 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to all those who've registered online.

Also a big thanks to our sponsors who you can see on the posters! They've allowed us to put together some great prizes for the event including some cash for the opens.

The plan at this stage is to set up the tent at Flat Rock in the car park at the point on Saturday about 10-11 am.

We'll be taking registrations there for any late entries.

First briefing is 3pm on Saturday at Flat Rock.

Obviously a moving low pressure forecast changes daily but currently we'd be aiming for kick off on Sunday morning in the southerly. The draw will get done Saturday night so get on board now if you're coming or PM me or Kate Barker if you can't get there till later in the week.

There is a small chance of a few heats on Sunday afternoon - we'll keep you posted...

Social plans also getting sorted and some no wind day alternatives as well!

Martin

russh
SA, 3023 posts
5 Nov 2015 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone around and sailing flatties friday - or is there somewhere else to head on the forecast?

P.C_simpson
NSW, 1489 posts
6 Nov 2015 1:38AM
Thumbs Up

Yes hoping to get a sail in tomorrow if the wind show up..

mattruthven
WA, 24 posts
6 Nov 2015 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Hay Russ
South side of Flattie should be the go today if this cloud burns off ,Im thinking you will sail but later this arvo.
Im going to sail at my Local cudgen Kids duties today,but there should be a few turn up.
Cheers

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
6 Nov 2015 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hope a few of the early arrivers got out today at Flat Rock!

BOM and Seabreeze both currently predicting a decent SSE Breeze on Sunday.

The timetable thus far is...

Sat 14th 12pm - 3pm Registrations at Flat Rock. Look for the big tent if we can find somewhere to put it up.

Sat 14th 3pm Contest Briefing and Head Judge Briefing

Sun 15th Sailing!

Sun 15th Evening - Welcome BBQ

If you have registered online many thanks and we will put you in the draw. You can register on Saturday of course. We are possibly kicking off on Sunday morning quite early so if you are coming and want in please let us know or come down Saturday afternoon.

Martin

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
7 Nov 2015 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Guys,

As discussed today

First briefing tomorrow morning at 0800 NSW time at Flat Rock.

Use the car park at the northern end of the beach.

Cross your fingers overnight!

Martin

Ezric
NSW, 183 posts
8 Nov 2015 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Popped in for a few minutes to check out the action. Looked very colorful. It was light wind but great to see so many out.

Gestalt
QLD, 14123 posts
8 Nov 2015 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

day 1 photos

glideontime
NSW, 206 posts
8 Nov 2015 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

Top shots....... Shows how talented windsurfers can make less than favourable conditions look good

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Despite rain, lightning, storms, and very up and down wind lots of sailing got done yesterday.

Congratulations to Duncan and Tim winners of the Expression session with a bottle of the "Kraken" going to Duncan and a Lennox Hotel voucher to Tim.

Due to the onshore conditions and variable wind the only official competition run was the Juniors and Womens with a single elimination completed.

Alex Halank taking out the juniors, Anton in second and Taj in third.

Kate Barker currently leading the women's.

A huge thanks to Justin ("Gestalt") who stood on the beach all day capturing pics in weather for ducks. Please support his efforts by catching up with him throughout the week and talking to him about the hi-res pics! - some more examples on the facebook page.

Briefing today at 10am at Flat Rock.

Contest shirts have arrived so please come down to collect yours.

RocketBen
QLD, 27 posts
9 Nov 2015 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Sam out early at Flattie today, a load of people bailed to Currumbin

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
9 Nov 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nice to have some company last night, though the morning wasn't without some regret.

Gestalt
QLD, 14123 posts
9 Nov 2015 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

day 2.

jh2703
NSW, 1222 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

A few more from day 1.

batstonem
QLD, 168 posts
9 Nov 2015 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Meeting tomorrow at flat rock at 0900 for a surf/SUP. Vouchers for fishy fishy and the Lennox Hotel on offer for the standouts. Hope to see you there!

Briefing after that.

Hope everyone enjoyed the day today at currumbin or flattie

RocketBen
QLD, 27 posts
10 Nov 2015 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Here are a couple of on water images from this morning. Slim, Matt and Sam and Will (no leg-rope!) The videos I took were terrible.

KateB
QLD, 8 posts
10 Nov 2015 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys thanks for an awesome day again! And the sun was out, the water was clear the only thing missing was the wind!!
Congratulations to the winners of our surfing and stand up expression session.
For the surfers Sam and slim took out first and second in a tightly contested battle ??
For the stand up devision. Lots more competition once again. With Kirk coming away with the win. Followed by Josh and Russell in second!!
Photos on seabreeze to come!
The plan tomorrow is 8.30/9 meet at flat rock for a surf/stand up. More prizes for the biggest wave and best move.
After that Will has organised a bus to take us to Byron for a brewery 'tour'..
Meet at the hotel at 2pm.
The cost is $20 for transport to and from Byron.
See you all in the morning ????

KateB
QLD, 8 posts
10 Nov 2015 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

People just a revision of plans. No surf/Sup expression session in the morning. See you all at 2pm in front of the Lennox heads hotel for a beer tour!!

Gestalt
QLD, 14123 posts
11 Nov 2015 2:28AM
Thumbs Up

day 3.

more to follow.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"2015 Australian Wavesailing Titles - Flatrock" started by batstonem