Hoppo3228 forum posts in last 60 days

Reply in Topic: Quiver advice
Hoppo3228
Hoppo3228
VIC
827 posts
VIC, 827 posts
6 Sep 2026 3:56pm
Depends on your preferred style of surfing...and the type of waves you prefer to surf.

I went for a Sunova Point Break in a custom (11ft long). Pretty much covers everything from ankle slappers to as big as you'd want to go out in. I've found I end up taking it out on 80% of my surf days now. I do already own a Smik Hipster Twin and a custom Sunova Longboard...

You could look at a step-up style of board slighty oversized. Like a Jimmy Lewis Stun Gun, a Sunova Ghost Up, a Smik Bonza or Spitfire. Or, you could simply just go a bigger Starboard Pro...

I tend to look at different style of board for each board I get, as I then have an option depending on my mood and the conditions.

Don't know if I've helped or not 😂.


Hoppo3228
Hoppo3228
VIC
827 posts
VIC, 827 posts
31 Aug 2026 7:30pm
Hey Casso,

Do you have an update on this shape since surfing it in better conditions?

Cheers!