BoM Sydney Marine Weather Forecast


Direct from the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM)

Sydney Closed Waters Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Sydney Closed Waters
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Weather Situation
Increasing north to north to northwesterly winds ahead of a cold front and a weak southerly change along the New South Wales far south coast Tuesday night. During Wednesday, a low will develop over the southwestern Tasman Sea in a wake of the front bringing vigorous south to southwesterly winds along the entire coast. Winds are expected to gradually ease during Thursday as the low moves towards New Zealand and a high pressure system south of the Bight extends a ridge to the western Tasman Sea.
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 10 to 15 knots tending northwesterly in the late evening.
Seas: Below 0.5 metres.
Swell:
Weather: Partly cloudy. 60% chance of rain.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: Northwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending westerly 25 to 30 knots in the early afternoon then decreasing to 20 to 25 knots in the late afternoon.
Seas: Around 0.5 metres.
Swell:
Weather: Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 15 to 25 knots.
Seas: Below 1 metre.
Swell:
Weather: Becoming cloudy.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots becoming variable about 10 knots during the day.
Seas: Below 1 metre.
Swell:
Weather: Partly cloudy.
Forecast for Saturday, 29 April
Winds: Westerly 10 to 15 knots turning southerly during the day.
Seas: Below 1 metre.
Swell:
Weather: Mostly sunny. 20% chance of a shower.

Byron Coast: Point Danger to Wooli Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Byron Coast: Point Danger to Wooli
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 10 to 15 knots, reaching up to 20 knots south of Cape Byron in the evening.
Seas: Below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres.
Weather: Clear.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: North to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore south of Cape Byron during the afternoon and evening. Winds turning westerly 20 to 25 knots in the evening.
Seas: 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Swell: Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre by early evening.
Weather: Cloudy. 80% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: South to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots becoming southerly 20 to 30 knots in the evening then decreasing to 20 to 25 knots in the late evening.
Seas: 1 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres by early evening.
Swell: Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the morning, then increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the afternoon.Easterly around 1 metre.
Weather: Mostly sunny. 30% chance of a shower offshore north of Cape Byron, near zero chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: South to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 2 to 3 metres.Easterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres offshore north of Yamba during the afternoon.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Coffs Coast: Wooli to Smoky Cape Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Coffs Coast: Wooli to Smoky Cape
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 15 to 20 knots.
Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore south of Coffs Harbour.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres.
Weather: Mostly clear. 40% chance of showers inshore later tonight. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: North to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore during the afternoon and evening. Winds turning west to southwesterly 20 to 25 knots in the evening.
Seas: 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres, tending northeasterly 1.5 metres during the afternoon, then decreasing to around 1 metre later in the evening.
Weather: Cloudy. 90% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 25 knots before dawn then tending south to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the middle of the day.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, decreasing below 2 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.Easterly around 1 metre.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore south of Coffs Harbour, near zero chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots turning southerly during the morning.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres offshore.Easterly around 1 metre.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Macquarie Coast: Smoky Cape to Seal Rocks Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Macquarie Coast: Smoky Cape to Seal Rocks
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 20 to 25 knots.
Seas: 1.5 to 2 metres.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 80% chance of rain south of Port Macquarie, 50% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore south of Port Macquarie later this evening.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: North to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning west to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the late afternoon. Winds reaching up to 35 knots offshore in the evening.
Seas: 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres by early evening.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres, tending northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon, then decreasing to around 1 metre later in the evening.
Weather: Cloudy. 70% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres later in the evening.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers offshore south of Port Macquarie, 30% chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: South to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots during the evening.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.Easterly 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 1 metre during the morning.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Hunter Coast: Seal Rocks to Broken Bay Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Hunter Coast: Seal Rocks to Broken Bay
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore north of Norah Head in the evening.
Seas: Around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres offshore.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres.
Weather: Cloudy. 90% chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: Northwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning westerly 20 to 30 knots during the morning and early afternoon. Winds reaching up to 35 knots in the late afternoon.
Seas: 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 3 metres by early evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions in the evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre later in the evening.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 25 to 40 knots.
Seas: 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southwesterly 2 to 3 metres, tending southerly 3 to 5 metres during the morning.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: South to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon then decreasing to about 10 knots during the evening.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres during the afternoon or evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 3 to 5 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.Easterly 1 to 2 metres, decreasing below 0.5 metres during the morning.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 40% chance of showers.
Sydney Coast: Broken Bay to Port Hacking Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Sydney Coast: Broken Bay to Port Hacking
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore in the evening. Winds tending northwesterly in the evening.
Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres offshore later in the evening.
Swell: Easterly 1.5 metres.
Weather: Cloudy. 90% chance of rain offshore, 70% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: West to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots tending west to southwesterly 25 to 30 knots in the late afternoon. Winds reaching up to 40 knots during the afternoon and evening.
Seas: 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the afternoon.
Large and powerful surf conditions in the evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres by early evening.Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre by early evening.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 30 to 40 knots decreasing to 25 to 30 knots early in the morning.
Seas: 3 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, tending southerly 3 to 5 metres during the morning.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 60% chance of showers offshore, 20% chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: South to southwesterly 20 to 30 knots tending west to southwesterly below 10 knots during the day.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 1.5 metres during the afternoon.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 3 to 5 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Illawarra Coast: Port Hacking to Ulladulla Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Illawarra Coast: Port Hacking to Ulladulla
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 20 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore north of Port Kembla in the evening. Winds tending northwesterly 15 to 25 knots in the evening.
Seas: 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Swell: Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 60% chance of rain offshore, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: West to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning southwesterly 25 to 30 knots in the late afternoon. Winds reaching up to 45 knots in the evening.
Seas: 1 to 2 metres, increasing to 2.5 to 4 metres by early evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions in the evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly below 0.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 1.5 metres around midday, then tending south to southwesterly 2 to 4 metres later in the evening.Easterly 1 to 1.5 metres, decreasing to around 1 metre by early evening.
Weather: Becoming cloudy. 80% chance of showers offshore, 60% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm south of Point Perpendicular in the afternoon.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 30 to 40 knots decreasing to 25 to 30 knots early in the morning.
Seas: 3 to 5 metres, decreasing to 2.5 to 3 metres during the morning.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 3 to 5 metres.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 50% chance of showers offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots during the morning then tending westerly 10 to 15 knots during the evening.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon or evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Batemans Coast: Ulladulla to Montague Island Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Batemans Coast: Ulladulla to Montague Island
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: Northerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore in the evening. Winds turning northwesterly in the evening.
Seas: 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Swell: Northeasterly 1 to 1.5 metres, tending easterly around 1 metre later in the evening.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 50% chance of rain offshore, 20% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: West to northwesterly 15 to 25 knots turning southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the middle of the day. Winds reaching up to 45 knots in the evening.
Seas: 1.5 to 2.5 metres, increasing to 3 to 5 metres by early evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions in the evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly below 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres around midday, then tending south to southwesterly 2 to 4 metres by early evening.Northeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres, tending easterly 1.5 metres during the morning, then decreasing to around 1 metre during the afternoon.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 25 to 40 knots.
Seas: 3 to 5 metres, decreasing to 3 metres during the morning.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, tending southerly 3 to 5 metres during the morning.
Weather: Cloudy. 40% chance of showers offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots during the morning then becoming variable about 10 knots during the evening.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 metre during the afternoon or evening.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 2 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1.5 to 2 metres during the afternoon.
Weather: Cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.
Eden Coast: Montague Island to Gabo Island Forecast
Local Waters Forecast for Eden Coast: Montague Island to Gabo Island
Issued: Tuesday, 25 April 4:05PM
Forecast for Tuesday, 25 April
Winds: North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 25 knots offshore in the evening. Winds shifting south to southwesterly in the late evening.
Seas: 2.5 to 3 metres, decreasing to 1 to 2 metres by early evening.
Swell: East to northeasterly around 1 metre.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of rain offshore, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm.
Forecast for Wednesday, 26 April
Winds: Southwesterly 15 to 20 knots tending north to northwesterly 10 to 15 knots early in the morning then tending southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the middle of the day. Winds reaching up to 45 knots during the afternoon and evening.
Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 3 to 5 metres around midday.
Large and powerful surf conditions in the evening are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: South to southwesterly around 1 metre, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning, then tending southwesterly 2 to 4 metres during the afternoon.Northeasterly 1.5 to 2 metres, decreasing to 1.5 metres during the morning, then tending easterly around 1 metre during the afternoon.
Weather: Cloudy. 90% chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
Forecast for Thursday, 27 April
Winds: Southwesterly 25 to 35 knots.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres, increasing to 3 to 4 metres offshore.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: South to southwesterly 2.5 to 4 metres, decreasing to 2 to 3 metres later in the evening.
Weather: Cloudy. 40% chance of showers offshore, near zero chance elsewhere.
Forecast for Friday, 28 April
Winds: Southwesterly 20 to 30 knots.
Seas: 2 to 3 metres.
Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.
Swell: Southerly 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
Weather: Cloudy. 40% chance of showers.