NordRoi said..
I’m a bit mixed emotion with thin long board. Over 6’ it’a starting to be uncomfortable to sit down on the board and untangle the lines under the nose…because it does happen!! So all the boards over 6’2-6’4…you can’t really labelled that as a Pw board.
lol, in light wind I will drop the parawing or fall off board and run into the lines four or five times a session. I spend a lot of time kicking the board backwards out of the lines. But I get up way earlier on the skinny long DW board than the mid-length. For me it always about the shortest time to get onto the foil. But I never let go of the bar, so I never get tangles, just the inconveniece of removing the board from the lines.
Light wind kiting, light wind winging, light wind parawinging all require "specialised" gear when you are aiming for the extreme low end of each of those disciplines. It all becomes a question of how far you want to go and that can be determined by your local conditions.