rocketship2000 forum posts in last 60 days

rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
27 Sep 2026 9:37pm


Not for storage, for "beauty " purposes I wanted my board on the wall ...like those photos...but these are not for windsurfing boards




Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
9 Sep 2026 3:29pm
sboardcrazy said..
-N5SMfL4ZeDFlxzV



Nice video by Cookie
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
8 Sep 2026 3:55am
Hydrosurf said..
I have a carve 130 that works good for me with 6.5 and 7.5 I’m 100 kg.




Appreciate it!
is it comfortable riding in chop and if you could please tell me if there are footrsrap options for an intermediate (i mean further upfront)?
Also very nice video!!
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
7 Sep 2026 7:25pm
Hello guys once again not much time has passed till our last convo's 🤣🤣🤣.I'm seeking help again but not for me ,for my father for smth similar with me.He is 90kg and 50years old we started windsurfing together and I would hope that you would help him. Basically,he can get planing and onto the first footrsrap in my kode . his board an old f2 126l stoke thats a bit old school and from my perspective of the footstraps towards slalom or freerace??. So this board has limited his progression for being like 65 in width pretty narrow for an intermediate in general and 126l not being very supportive for his bodyweight to progress steadily..but as he somehow progressed ,he wants a freeride board that would be the most comfortable in the most possible wind range he would sail and not get smth 80cm in width and when over 25knts it becomes a rocketship (we think) for me ideally on this level he would need smth like a 130 verso but he thinks it's not futureproof.IN CONCLUSION
90kg intermediate level needs a freeride board thats futureproof enough in terms of "long-term usage" and by that I mean a board that he wouldn't need to change after one two years because it wouldn't be quick or it wouldn't have any ground for progression. It should handle really good the choppy water and would happily blast with speed not the most important thing .He likes the Fox but it seems a bit freerace ,Tabou Rocket, Starboard Carve ,Super ride......Any recommendations, knowledge, opinions etch are of cource welcome and also I forgot we have 5.3 5.7 blade 6.7 convert and he wants to buy a bigger sail around 7.5.Thanks in advance!
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
29 Aug 2026 10:50pm
I made a simple short for you to finally see my windsurfing watch till the end there ar three clips
1st new board reached 55km/h yesterday in Vassiliki Lefkada.
Last 2 with the 113 kode in Karpathos Devils Bay.

Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
29 Aug 2026 10:39pm
GUYS,
I want to thank everyone for the support and help that you showed to me.
I really agreed on all the opinions because I think they were all almost right.I came to the conclusion that of course there isn't and can't be one board solution for almost everything that im asking for.Because I want to learn freestyle I think that any other board except a freestyle one would make my life difficult when learning freestyle moves and with the fact that with with a bigger fin it could almost fulfill my freeride "wises" I bought a used fanatic skate 2022 team edition 99l in pristine condition. The ideal would be to buy a smaller board for learning freestyle
(I think smth like 85l) but mainly because there isnt any high winds in my homespot I got 99l because there wouldn't be enough buoyancy.I think that I should first see if freestyle suits me ..otherwise I would need to buy a small fsw and a bigger fsw/freemove for lighter winds to upgrade my 113 kode.Thanks again for all the help that made me realise what I needed.You will see me seeking help for freestyle now!!











Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
29 Aug 2026 10:22pm
Sea Lotus said..
That first offshore photo looks pretty windy, Greece is windy alright, especially eagean sea.

5.7 and 6.7 sails require outside back foot straps, so you can think your big board for these sails. Although you can keep you existing Kode, 100lt range would be better.
For small board you should have single back foot strap. In my opinion, for lightweight people, 85lt is about max to have easy leverage at back foot (single strap), i guess depending mostly on tail width. Thats why i would suggest 85lt multifin to use with small sails (<5.5). It may be a bit difficult at first but you will get used to it.
Later you can upgrade your big board with a smaller size freeride or freerace baord.



Thanks I also figured it out
.Sadly there isn't a one board solution
I agree ..later upgrade it with smth smaller
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
29 Aug 2026 10:22pm
ptsf1111 said..
Upload your video to YouTube, then paste the link to the YouTube video here.

Don't overthink it, even with the best advice in the world it's quite personal so maybe just get something and try it out. Greece has rental centres so you could even try before you buy.

If you're serious about freestyle, get a freestyle board for those sessions. Any other board would be a compromise. Same the other way around for your blasting board. Despite its confusing name, FSW is a good choice for blasting in open water though.


Thank you
I appreciate it 🙏

Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
23 Aug 2026 12:33am
jn1 said..
Hi RS2000,

See if this works. I've copy/pasted this URL:

h ttps://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/General/New-board-selection-HELP


So, now, I copy it, remove the "h ttps://", then paste it into my browser's URL bar.

It's a bit clunky, but hopefully solves it for you.


Nothing changes sadly .

Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
23 Aug 2026 12:27am
Grantmac said..
If you want to learn freestyle you need an ~80L freestyle board or smaller at your weight.


Thanks 😊
I agree but it wouldn't easily help me in mu conditions
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
23 Aug 2026 12:25am
sboardcrazy said..

rocketship2000 said..


Grantmac said..
If you want to learn freestyle you need an ~80L freestyle board or smaller at your weight.




But then they wouldn't have the same versatility in chop or riding comfortably in speed..I think



jn1 said..



rocketship2000 said..




jn1 said..
RS2000, from what Obelix has just said, it would be helpful if you could post a video of yourself sailing. Also video your gear. How you have rigged it. eg: How high you have set your boom ?, using a seat or waist harness ?, how you have set your sail ?, and on what type of sail ?, base track position ?, the fin you are using ?, how you have setup your straps ? etc. So we can all ascertain your current style and skill level, and the water state you are sailing in for 17-21 kt. Asking on a forum with writing only is a bit like the 3 blind men and the elephant. A video will give a lot more description.






Hiw can I upload videos
There are options only for photos




Just copy/paste the video's URL into the body of the message, and the forum software will embed the video into your post.

I also want to say, Windsurfing is a human-in-the-loop sport. I have a ended up developing a front footed/lines back style, and run smaller than recommended fins due to shallow and weedie spots I use. My style really suit's JPs FSW boards. But, I'm not sure what your style is ?, or even if it has fully developed yet. If you use an incompatible rig with the JP FSW range, it will be a horrible experience. A video will answer a lot of questions about your rigging and style, and the water condition at your local.





Thanks a lot
Video is coming



jn1 said..



rocketship2000 said..




jn1 said..
RS2000, from what Obelix has just said, it would be helpful if you could post a video of yourself sailing. Also video your gear. How you have rigged it. eg: How high you have set your boom ?, using a seat or waist harness ?, how you have set your sail ?, and on what type of sail ?, base track position ?, the fin you are using ?, how you have setup your straps ? etc. So we can all ascertain your current style and skill level, and the water state you are sailing in for 17-21 kt. Asking on a forum with writing only is a bit like the 3 blind men and the elephant. A video will give a lot more description.






Hiw can I upload videos
There are options only for photos




Just copy/paste the video's URL into the body of the message, and the forum software will embed the video into your post.

I also want to say, Windsurfing is a human-in-the-loop sport. I have a ended up developing a front footed/lines back style, and run smaller than recommended fins due to shallow and weedie spots I use. My style really suit's JPs FSW boards. But, I'm not sure what your style is ?, or even if it has fully developed yet. If you use an incompatible rig with the JP FSW range, it will be a horrible experience. A video will answer a lot of questions about your rigging and style, and the water condition at your local.





Thanks a lot
But I cant copy the video it says unsupported file .if you can help me again it would be nice .













Are these photos of the conditions you will be sailing in or at the windier location on holidays?


Mostly yes
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
18 Aug 2026 4:50pm
obijohn said..
Based on your photos, it looks like you would have more fun and performance on a Freewave board. I have a few JP Freestyle Wave boards ranging from 77 liters to 102 lliters from around 2016 that i find ideal for alround sailing (I also have a quiver of dedicated waveboards for wavesailing in larger waves on Maui). While freewave boards would not be ideal for highest-level freestyle, they are great for learning basic freestyle moves like carving 360s, duck 360s, helicopter-tacks, push-tacks, etc. that would keep you challenged for quite a while. I agree with others that something between 88 and 94 liters might be ideal for your skill and conditions.



Thanks for your help
But I want to learn freestyle in parallel and I think that the freewave would limit my progression
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
18 Aug 2026 12:39am
How did you make it
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
18 Aug 2026 12:32am
Grantmac said..
If you want to learn freestyle you need an ~80L freestyle board or smaller at your weight.


But then they wouldn't have the same versatility in chop or riding comfortably in speed..I think

jn1 said..

rocketship2000 said..


jn1 said..
RS2000, from what Obelix has just said, it would be helpful if you could post a video of yourself sailing. Also video your gear. How you have rigged it. eg: How high you have set your boom ?, using a seat or waist harness ?, how you have set your sail ?, and on what type of sail ?, base track position ?, the fin you are using ?, how you have setup your straps ? etc. So we can all ascertain your current style and skill level, and the water state you are sailing in for 17-21 kt. Asking on a forum with writing only is a bit like the 3 blind men and the elephant. A video will give a lot more description.




Hiw can I upload videos
There are options only for photos


Just copy/paste the video's URL into the body of the message, and the forum software will embed the video into your post.

I also want to say, Windsurfing is a human-in-the-loop sport. I have a ended up developing a front footed/lines back style, and run smaller than recommended fins due to shallow and weedie spots I use. My style really suit's JPs FSW boards. But, I'm not sure what your style is ?, or even if it has fully developed yet. If you use an incompatible rig with the JP FSW range, it will be a horrible experience. A video will answer a lot of questions about your rigging and style, and the water condition at your local.



Thanks a lot
Video is coming

jn1 said..

rocketship2000 said..


jn1 said..
RS2000, from what Obelix has just said, it would be helpful if you could post a video of yourself sailing. Also video your gear. How you have rigged it. eg: How high you have set your boom ?, using a seat or waist harness ?, how you have set your sail ?, and on what type of sail ?, base track position ?, the fin you are using ?, how you have setup your straps ? etc. So we can all ascertain your current style and skill level, and the water state you are sailing in for 17-21 kt. Asking on a forum with writing only is a bit like the 3 blind men and the elephant. A video will give a lot more description.




Hiw can I upload videos
There are options only for photos


Just copy/paste the video's URL into the body of the message, and the forum software will embed the video into your post.

I also want to say, Windsurfing is a human-in-the-loop sport. I have a ended up developing a front footed/lines back style, and run smaller than recommended fins due to shallow and weedie spots I use. My style really suit's JPs FSW boards. But, I'm not sure what your style is ?, or even if it has fully developed yet. If you use an incompatible rig with the JP FSW range, it will be a horrible experience. A video will answer a lot of questions about your rigging and style, and the water condition at your local.



Thanks a lot
But I cant copy the video it says unsupported file .if you can help me again it would be nice .










rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 6:53pm
sboardcrazy said..

rocketship2000 said..



mathew said..
Two cameras. Seriously. One on each side of the boom, either at the tail or at the head.

Harness mount - it sticks out backwards at 60 degress (from horizontal), can use a go-pro but IMHO a 360 cam is better.

Mast mount pointing towards the nose of the board - Ben Proffitt uses this a lot.




Firstly will the harness mount work with a non 360 camera and which one do you use.




Whizmount..great with a Go Pro. I haven't used mine for a while. I have the hero 9 and on the wider view its great to capture the whole of the board . It still shows the chop and doesn't flatten it to a millpond like the 360 cameras do.
I don't know if you can still get the Whizmount but it's like a camelback mount.
The harness mount they mention.
You still need to be aware its there beachstarting .I've never damaged my gear but I am careful.







Thankss im going to search the availability to eu shipping
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 6:52pm
AI.Dave said..
Slightly less likely to ding your sail if you can mount it lower on the peak of your helmet. Still not perfect








Could you please show me some footage to see the angle ..if possible.

Manuel7 said..
Whatcha trying to achieve?


Amazing
I'm going to try that when I have some free time!!!
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 6:06pm
Grantmac said..
If you want to learn freestyle you need an ~80L freestyle board or smaller at your weight.


But then they wouldn't have the same versatility in chop or riding comfortably in speed..I think
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 6:05pm
jn1 said..
RS2000, from what Obelix has just said, it would be helpful if you could post a video of yourself sailing. Also video your gear. How you have rigged it. eg: How high you have set your boom ?, using a seat or waist harness ?, how you have set your sail ?, and on what type of sail ?, base track position ?, the fin you are using ?, how you have setup your straps ? etc. So we can all ascertain your current style and skill level, and the water state you are sailing in for 17-21 kt. Asking on a forum with writing only is a bit like the 3 blind men and the elephant. A video will give a lot more description.


Hiw can I upload videos
There are options only for photos
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 6:03pm
Obelix said..
1+ for Tabou Rocket. Would be perfect for the conditions.

When I said "not as windy" , should have qualify it with " as on the open ocean"
I grew up at a Mediterranean coast, and I believe the wind is much more intense here in the Western Australia.

Trusters really help in the open ocean chop. Not as much needed there.
Also, I don't see much point in a wave board.
A freeride/freerace board like the Rocket would be suitable. You would increase your speed while feeling comfortable.
Not so much for the freestyle though.


Agree 👍
Thanks!
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 6:02pm
jn1 said..


rocketship2000 said..






jn1 said..







rocketship2000 said..








jn1 said..










rocketship2000 said..
Thanks for responding
Which one should I buy dyno,jp freestyle wave












I own a 2018 JP 94 FSW Pro. I also own a 2018 79 FSW Pro, and a 2023 78 FSW Pro. Plus an old 2014 85 FSW wood sandwich. These are all really good boards IMO. All these boards have a power box , 2 x mini tuttle thruster setup with no tow in (or very minimal.. I can't see it), except for the 2014 85 FSW, which has a single fin power box.

The 2014 FSW is very fast, which is why I am hanging on to it.

The thruster FSWs are just very comfortable to ride, and point well up wind to where I need to go. The thruster boards are a slower ride that the single fin models, but to be honest, the spots I use them in, I don't want to go fast.

Out of the same size thruster boards above, I prefer the 2018 over the 2023. For reasons I do not understand, JP put a foil ready fin box in the 2023 model. Because of that, it is arse heavy compared to the 2018 board.

After 2023, the FSW model's side fins became slot box. I prefer mini tuttle (because I have a quiver of mini tuttle fins). Other than the tips of the noses on these boards, I can't tell the difference in look or handling between the 2018 and 2023 78/79 boards. I assume the 94 sizes would be the same.

I owned a 2015 JP 102 FSW (PB). It was a heavy slug POS that was hard to plane. After a few years, I sold it to a mate, who had the same opinion. Not sure what was ever wrong with that board, as it was the same construction as my 85 FSW, which is an awesome board.

Regarding the 94 FSW and the 79/78 FSW boards. My home town is a very windy when it gets going. 28kt summer seabreezes here. Sometimes 30kt. This wind comes on suddenly from about lunch time, and the gulf waters ring like a tuning fork.The faster the wind comes up, the chopper it is. So, the small board is my go to board in these conditions. In winter time, the systems make the wind intensify at a slower rate, so it is not as choppy. The water condition is much more nicer and easier. But, wind is patchy in winter. Plus, I don't sail as often in winter, so loose my skill. So, my go to board size in winter is a 94 for extra float and to compensate for loss of skill and sailing fitness.

Hope that helps.











I really really appreciate your time and help ..so ultimately I should go for the 94 because neither do I have so much wind in my homespot and it will also work well in higher winds I guess not like the 84 but good since I don't want it for wavesailing.








Yeah, I think the 94 would be a good choice. Get a 2nd hand FSW Pro between 2018 and 2023, you can't go wrong I think. As others said, keep your big board.

The 94 when over boarded isn't too bad. The 79 is a nicer ride in 30kt, but the 94 is still pretty good IMO. I won't change down boards if I'm on the 94 and I have surprise 30kt session.








Thanks a lot
Do you think I could learn freestyle and (freestyle) on it with some sort of easiness.








The model name FSW by JP is a marketing misnomer IMO. It confuses people. It should read "small freeride board". Some brand/models are a bit more wavey. Others are a bit more freeride (like the JP FSW), others are a bit more freestyle. But generally, these tri-style labelled boards are all pretty quick, easy to get planing, and easy to gybe.

As Maddlad said, if you're only sailing in wind force 5, and you're 60kg (IE: Force 5 is pretty windy for a 60kg rider), then a single fin will be fine. But I prefer the tri fin setup in technical spots because they point up wind. This allows me to get out of the way of other water users, or compensate for rips and lulls etc. When I sail my single fin 85 FSW, or my 110 freeride board, I really notice the pointing angle.

PS/ I have no experience with freestyle boards, so can't comment there.



Yes I understand,
Firstly I wanted a fsw for the things that you said (that ofc i had read on reviews etch.) but then with your help I understood better that these boards are not really suitable for freestyle (which occurred to me later on).

Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 3:04am
Maddlad said..
JP FSW boards are great and versatile, but if youre not wave sailing you dont need a thruster. Id get a Tabou Rocket if i was you, just dont get the Rocket Wide version.



But I cant freestyle on them..I think..
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
14 Aug 2026 3:04am
jn1 said..

rocketship2000 said..


jn1 said..




rocketship2000 said..
Thanks for responding
Which one should I buy dyno,jp freestyle wave






I own a 2018 JP 94 FSW Pro. I also own a 2018 79 FSW Pro, and a 2023 78 FSW Pro. Plus an old 2014 85 FSW wood sandwich. These are all really good boards IMO. All these boards have a power box , 2 x mini tuttle thruster setup with no tow in (or very minimal.. I can't see it), except for the 2014 85 FSW, which has a single fin power box.

The 2014 FSW is very fast, which is why I am hanging on to it.

The thruster FSWs are just very comfortable to ride, and point well up wind to where I need to go. The thruster boards are a slower ride that the single fin models, but to be honest, the spots I use them in, I don't want to go fast.

Out of the same size thruster boards above, I prefer the 2018 over the 2023. For reasons I do not understand, JP put a foil ready fin box in the 2023 model. Because of that, it is arse heavy compared to the 2018 board.

After 2023, the FSW model's side fins became slot box. I prefer mini tuttle (because I have a quiver of mini tuttle fins). Other than the tips of the noses on these boards, I can't tell the difference in look or handling between the 2018 and 2023 78/79 boards. I assume the 94 sizes would be the same.

I owned a 2015 JP 102 FSW (PB). It was a heavy slug POS that was hard to plane. After a few years, I sold it to a mate, who had the same opinion. Not sure what was ever wrong with that board, as it was the same construction as my 85 FSW, which is an awesome board.

Regarding the 94 FSW and the 79/78 FSW boards. My home town is a very windy when it gets going. 28kt summer seabreezes here. Sometimes 30kt. This wind comes on suddenly from about lunch time, and the gulf waters ring like a tuning fork.The faster the wind comes up, the chopper it is. So, the small board is my go to board in these conditions. In winter time, the systems make the wind intensify at a slower rate, so it is not as choppy. The water condition is much more nicer and easier. But, wind is patchy in winter. Plus, I don't sail as often in winter, so loose my skill. So, my go to board size in winter is a 94 for extra float and to compensate for loss of skill and sailing fitness.

Hope that helps.





I really really appreciate your time and help ..so ultimately I should go for the 94 because neither do I have so much wind in my homespot and it will also work well in higher winds I guess not like the 84 but good since I don't want it for wavesailing.


Yeah, I think the 94 would be a good choice. Get a 2nd hand FSW Pro between 2018 and 2023, you can't go wrong I think. As others said, keep your big board.

The 94 when over boarded isn't too bad. The 79 is a nicer ride in 30kt, but the 94 is still pretty good IMO. I won't change down boards if I'm on the 94 and I have surprise 30kt session.


Thanks a lot
Do you think I could learn freestyle and (freestyle) on it with some sort of easiness.

Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
12 Aug 2026 8:56pm
mathew said..
I wouldn't say Greece isn't windy... it has Karpathos for speedsailing, and Vassiliki for freestyle - both require high winds.


True, in fact I'm in the ship returning from Karpathos it was amazing but because of my large board I couldn't really get the full experience because I wasn't prepared.

But in my home spot usually we don't have more than 15knts,but on the islands the wind blows nicely.
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
12 Aug 2026 7:22pm
jn1 said..


rocketship2000 said..
Thanks for responding
Which one should I buy dyno,jp freestyle wave




I own a 2018 JP 94 FSW Pro. I also own a 2018 79 FSW Pro, and a 2023 78 FSW Pro. Plus an old 2014 85 FSW wood sandwich. These are all really good boards IMO. All these boards have a power box , 2 x mini tuttle thruster setup with no tow in (or very minimal.. I can't see it), except for the 2014 85 FSW, which has a single fin power box.

The 2014 FSW is very fast, which is why I am hanging on to it.

The thruster FSWs are just very comfortable to ride, and point well up wind to where I need to go. The thruster boards are a slower ride that the single fin models, but to be honest, the spots I use them in, I don't want to go fast.

Out of the same size thruster boards above, I prefer the 2018 over the 2023. For reasons I do not understand, JP put a foil ready fin box in the 2023 model. Because of that, it is arse heavy compared to the 2018 board.

After 2023, the FSW model's side fins became slot box. I prefer mini tuttle (because I have a quiver of mini tuttle fins). Other than the tips of the noses on these boards, I can't tell the difference in look or handling between the 2018 and 2023 78/79 boards. I assume the 94 sizes would be the same.

I owned a 2015 JP 102 FSW (PB). It was a heavy slug POS that was hard to plane. After a few years, I sold it to a mate, who had the same opinion. Not sure what was ever wrong with that board, as it was the same construction as my 85 FSW, which is an awesome board.

Regarding the 94 FSW and the 79/78 FSW boards. My home town is a very windy when it gets going. 28kt summer seabreezes here. Sometimes 30kt. This wind comes on suddenly from about lunch time, and the gulf waters ring like a tuning fork.The faster the wind comes up, the chopper it is. So, the small board is my go to board in these conditions. In winter time, the systems make the wind intensify at a slower rate, so it is not as choppy. The water condition is much more nicer and easier. But, wind is patchy in winter. Plus, I don't sail as often in winter, so loose my skill. So, my go to board size in winter is a 94 for extra float and to compensate for loss of skill and sailing fitness.

Hope that helps.



I really really appreciate your time and help ..so ultimately I should go for the 94 because neither do I have so much wind in my homespot and it will also work well in higher winds I guess not like the 84 but good since I don't want it for wavesailing.
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
12 Aug 2026 7:19pm
AI.Dave said..
Slightly less likely to ding your sail if you can mount it lower on the peak of your helmet. Still not perfect








Could you please show me some footage to see the angle ..if possible.

rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
12 Aug 2026 7:18pm
mathew said..
Two cameras. Seriously. One on each side of the boom, either at the tail or at the head.

Harness mount - it sticks out backwards at 60 degress (from horizontal), can use a go-pro but IMHO a 360 cam is better.

Mast mount pointing towards the nose of the board - Ben Proffitt uses this a lot.

Firstly will the harness mount work with a non 360 camera and which one do you use.
Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
11 Aug 2026 2:56pm
rocketship2000 said..

Mark _australia said..
Any!!!!

Sorry to be blunt but if you’re an intermediate and planing on a FSW that’s too big, get a smaller one. The differences are more to do with what is better in waves. You are not seeking that so any modern FSW will be ok

but you’re not in WA?



Actually im from Greece and I was desperate enough to write in a Australian forum 😀.Because in Greece very little people windsurf so it's really hard to get opinions there .




Reply in Topic: New board selection HELP
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
11 Aug 2026 12:00am
Mark _australia said..
Any!!!!

Sorry to be blunt but if you’re an intermediate and planing on a FSW that’s too big, get a smaller one. The differences are more to do with what is better in waves. You are not seeking that so any modern FSW will be ok

but you’re not in WA?


Actually im from Greece and I was desperate enough to write in a Australian forum 😀.Because in Greece very little people windsurf so it's really hard to get opinions here .
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
10 Aug 2026 3:32pm
Regularly I mount my action camera in the helmet so i have a pretty descent first pov view,but im not that satisfied because till now I have made some nice holes in my sail without even the camera only with it's mount and I don't love the perspective because it isn't a 360.thrn I bought a motorbike mount hoping I could place it in the clew of the boom .nit then I figured out if I changed sides the camera would still capture the same (now empty) place i was before .not useful.i know about the flymount but it seems a bit expensive to have the thought of it not to break etch.
Any suggestions?
Reply in Topic: Impact Vest
rocketship2000
rocketship2000
WA
33 posts
WA, 33 posts
10 Aug 2026 3:18pm
Maba said..
Look at getting my first impact vest that fits with my waist harness.

Any particular brands and model that stand out to get?


I use the ion collision impact vest
The pads that "run" through the whole vest do not irritate me at all .
There is also ion vector that doesn't have pads in the area of the harness,only in the chest .