Forums > Kitesurfing General

The unspoken game changer of 2017.

Created by surfingboye > 9 months ago, 15 Oct 2016
eppo
WA, 9372 posts
17 Oct 2016 8:07AM
Thumbs Up

To add, its not just the kite pumps up faster as implied by the video, but the actual stroke is effortless. Used the WMFG one as well (which it seems they are all based on) and yeh it rocks. Pumping sucks balls, why make it harder for yourself. Rather ride hard on the water thanks.

LittleFella
WA, 132 posts
17 Oct 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said...
LittleFella said...
My pump puts air in my kite....

I like to get the heart going while pumping up the kite. Bit of a warm up.

F..k me little fella , that's the spirit, I woulda had you down as a electric pump dude kinda bloke for sure, go hard

What makes you say that mate?

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
17 Oct 2016 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

I will surely miss the sound of 100 asthmatic pumps and then the derrr ... I forgot to close the dump valve .. next time I'll try not to be so hungover when I go kiting...

Cannot believe the cr&p the major companies have been providing us for the last 10 years at $60+ a pop, they're barely a cut above a $10 camping pump, took inflatable sups to get them moving.

Whatever happened to the self-inflating kite or is that a game changer in the waiting

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
17 Oct 2016 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha ha been the done that....

AndreC
WA, 512 posts
19 Oct 2016 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Its got a filter on it stops sand getting in and wrecking the seal. ALso it pumps more air in than a standard pump...its a good move becuase each of us is chucking out a pump a season, this may last 2-3 seasons

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
19 Oct 2016 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndreC said..
Its got a filter on it stops sand getting in and wrecking the seal. ALso it pumps more air in than a standard pump...its a good move becuase each of us is chucking out a pump a season, this may last 2-3 seasons

thanks be to ozone then

AndreC
WA, 512 posts
19 Oct 2016 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Slingy are doing one which has a larger capacity barrell and is a bit taller so it doesnt pull on the lower back as much. Both are good though just picked up mine today.

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
10 Jan 2017 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

IMO these pumps were the ONLY game changer of 2015-2016 in the kitesurfing industry because by now all major brands are selling them.

They are ALL manufactured in China from the SAME company called GRI. Look underneath the pump, they all have this Logo:

Kite manufacturers simply order directly from GRI and have their pump customized with their logo on it.

There are 3 different models to choose from HP1, HP2 and HP3, each of them are Patented

I seriously doubt click bars and fireballs will become mainstream standards for all brands, hence why they are definitely NOT game changers...

Christian

kernal
WA, 541 posts
10 Jan 2017 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

i use to think kite companys marketing teams were a bunch of monkeys with some very poor graphic design skills.

then one day they fooled everyone into believing they created a new pump that effortlessly pumped up there kites quicker.

it was some years before the fools realised theyre kites were all missing a couple struts.

very clever

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"The unspoken game changer of 2017." started by surfingboye