Had great trip to Indo this year
and lucky to pick up two new designed Smook Shredder MK2
5'2"x 18.75 x 2.31" 27Lts
5'5" x 18.75 x 2.31" 29 Lts
Have designed these boards with
more Lts than normally would use
I was amazed & stoked how clean
& easy the 5'2" was to use for the 1st time in 3 >6ft waves with fully
lit 10 m V4 Reo .Due to my normal board I ride is 20 Lt 5'6" surf board shape or 5'2" Shredder MK1 23 Lts The planning hull design & reduced
tail width with flyers and step in rails with thinner rail for tuning ,better up wind and hand grip if required Also used 5'5" for surfing in the mornings This board was very fast and this could be my go to board for
traveling surf &kite The 5'2 " has
strapp plugs but I would not use them it is so stable and so mutch fun unstrapped
Happy Shredding
Pics from Indo on 5'2" board

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
12 Oct 2017 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Great looking boards,but I personally would be keen for something with less sharp edges - more like the FW Evo shape.

I'll def be getting in touch with you guys for my next board.

Approx price & build time please?

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
12 Oct 2017 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
toppleover said..
Great looking boards,but I personally would be keen for something with less sharp edges - more like the FW Evo shape.

Thanks Toppleover Not a problem they are custom boards Have tried Evo and Vader which are great boards and my MK1 I was trying to improve / design for kitesurfing
Have email you price etc

charliewest
WA, 6 posts
13 Oct 2017 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

How do these boards compare to the Firewire range vader/vanguard/evo?

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
13 Oct 2017 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
charliewest said..

Have not had chance to compare on water but will try soon It has planning hull of Evo and thinner rails so should be better on turns and same up wind and waves it same Vader for wave size Have used at Indo well over head

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
30 Oct 2017 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed this board at Indo trip and Finally had a kite on 5'5" Shredder MK2 very happy the way it performed for 30 lt Board But for me I would only use as light wind Board I am 80klg the 5'2" is more fun

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
16 Dec 2017 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Pic at Merimbula classic on 5'6" 30lt Shredder &17m Zephyr and local Melbourne east coast wave 5'2" 27lt Shredder. Love the versatility of cut off nose boards with extra lts

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
11 May 2018 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Just picked this baby up from the glasser New MK3 model and this time gone back to low 22 Lts and my normal thin rails Can not wait to use it at Indo trip this year

balidru
WA, 76 posts
12 May 2018 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

Noice looking boards!

Brohan
VIC, 528 posts
14 May 2018 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
charliewest said..

I kite at the same spot as vendeavours and ride a Vader. I've tried a few of his boards and while the boards are similar, the MK2 is more refined for kiteboarding.

They feel a lot more snappier and lively under foot and the construction compared to the Vader feels a lot more solid. They're also built lighter then my Vader. The MK2 also handles the chop a lot better as it cuts through it instead of bounces over it like my Vader, as the volume to size ratio is better imo.

Still love my Vader though, but my next board will probably be one of these.

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
6 Jul 2018 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
toppleover said..

We just finished this board for Tasman Rider with round nose and tail with same construction hull design but with medium density PU Blank and tracks for foil (Kitesurf board and Foil in one Board "softer edges as requested " above

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
7 Jul 2018 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Can you order the 5'2" in a different volume, like 24/25 ltrs (could also go down to 5'1"x18.5x2.2 or similar)?

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
7 Jul 2018 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ozone Kites Aus said..
Can you order the 5'2" in a different volume, like 24/25 ltrs (could also go down to 5'1"x18.5x2.2 or similar)?

Yes they are custom But for example 2018/2019 model above kites so much better with thin rails 2" thick and less Lts of 22Lts for my weight of 75 to 80 klg Where the 2017/2018 same dimensions as 1 st post above is 27 Lts and thick rails 2.31 "
as Evo/ Vader The Board above with round nose/tail for 65 klg rider Tasy rider is 5'x18"x2" 21.7 klg

toppleover
QLD, 2033 posts
7 Jul 2018 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

How did you determine the position of the foot straps in relation to the foil track please.

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
7 Jul 2018 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
toppleover said..
How did you determine the position of the foot straps in relation to the foil track please.

Hi toppleover from rider specification He rides on 5 ' Evo and 5 ' North FreeFoil He required Mk3 kite surf board 5' But can use as foil board He has taken to Bali to use

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
18 Sep 2018 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Had great kite INDO this year But I used my Smook Custom Wave A model 5'6" which is my go to board Others but loved my 5'2" Shredder MK3 Both coming from production boards ,they looked better balance on the board and both said what a fun board for chop , upwind , the sharp turning of the tail of board One brought board off me the other has placed order So Happy to have positive feedback Note this board is only good for marginal winds in the 20 + due to its Lts of 21lts and the riders tried were in 65 to 80 klg weight 1st pic Ridder who brought Brd And Sorry To pics of me on my board 5'6" Wave Board shape which a rider from Byron loved so much he also placed order

surfnkiteall
WA, 64 posts
18 Sep 2018 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics great spot

vendeavours
VIC, 361 posts
6 Nov 2018 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

We just made some new Shredders MK3 5'2 " x18" x2 " 21.8 Lts to replace my board which sold To kiter at INDO & For Vic girl who tried my board also at INDO Same PU and cloth but are using Sanded Australia Surf set flex epoxy/ acrylic Which we are really happy with stronger and easier to hand lam This model I am stocked with the low Lts , thin rails and smaller tail with flyers Very lively board under your feet And prefer Thruster set up Note all Aus material and labour Will be at Merimbula classic and also hope to head over to WA in January again if like to demo

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Indo trip with 2018 Smook Shredder MK2" started by vendeavours