Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

airush vaporx and varial 2011

Created by das77 > 9 months ago, 1 Mar 2011
das77
4 posts
1 Mar 2011 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone. i need some info for the 2 kites from airush. Anyone ride those 2?

I have in mind two combination :

1. vapor x 11m and varial 8m
2. vaporx 11m and varial 9m

I am 76kg riding tt.

Give me your thoughts!

Cheers!

Damo
WA, 641 posts
2 Mar 2011 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Demetris

Why do you want to mix them up? why not just get 2 Varials or 2 Vapor Xs??

If you like to unhook go for the Vapor X if you like to boost big and stay hooked in go for the Varial

The Varial has a much better relaunch and boost heaps bigger and goes up wind better

The Vapor X unhooks and loops like a beast!

The Vapor X does not come in an 11M its 6m,7m,8m,9m,10m,12m or 14m

As for my thoughts on what size kites you should get. I think you need to give us some more details like what size board you are ridding how much wind you ride in and what you level is.

das77
4 posts
2 Mar 2011 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

thank you for your reply. just a few thinks to let you know about my concerns and what am after to.

i am 76 kg riding a f-one tx 134 twin tip board (excellent).
Also a 9m and 11m hi-fi comps 2010 models (also excellent and for sale if you know anyone interested).
I like the power that these kites generate and the bar feel also but i need something with more hang time, not that much of unhooked (for now) , something more around but not a beginers kind of kite.
So i was thinking a vapor x 10m at the begining and a varial 8 but a friend suggested the 11 cause 10 and 8 are close.
So the second thought was 9 and 11 vapor x but then again what about the low end of 9?
So the final was 8 varial for low end and able to ride in higher winds and forgiving in tricks and the vapor for all the other.

So what do you think?

das77
4 posts
2 Mar 2011 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

for 2011 the vapor x comes also in 11m :)

MikeN
WA, 368 posts
3 Mar 2011 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Das

I ride the varial and I have a vapour X , long story short the vapour X is my favourite .

What Damo said is spot on except I disagree on the upwind , I find the vapour goes upwind better .

The vapour is also lighter on the bar and flies faster through the air and there for sits further forward in the window .

You will get more range out of the vapours as you can work them more in lighter winds and can hang on to them longer in stronger winds .

They will also spank you harder when you get it wrong . It is designed as a higher performance kite but I don't find it any harder to use .

If hang time is the main thing you are looking for then go the varials otherwise for everything else I would suggest that you get the 8m and the 11m both Vapour X

das77
4 posts
4 Mar 2011 2:43AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Mike
why 8 and 11 and not 9 and 11?
Another question that i have regarding the vaporx.

First let me tell you that i used to ride eclipse thruster and when tried to perform a vertical front flip (using one hand) AND HOLDING THE BAR NOT FROM THE MIDDLE BUT SLIGHTLY FURTHER FORWARD, the kite makes an aggressive move and dives/turns fast forward dangerously....

Is it really sensitive on the bar the vapor when you perform huge aerial tricks?

Now i ride liquid force hi-fi comps and usually c-shape hi-depower kites don't do that....when you perform a trick, and you are ready for landing, then you have to pull the bar harder to come forward for landingmeaning that you have a total control of your kite AND ALSO YOU DONT HAVE TO HOLD THE BAR FROM THE MIDDLE ALL THE TIME (it gives you more options on positioning your hands o the bar)

SO WHICH IS THE CASE WITH VAPOR X?

MikeN
WA, 368 posts
7 Mar 2011 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Hi
I think the 9 -11 combo is fairly close . Like I said with the Vapour you actually have a wider range and so you can use the 8 with the 11 . Having said that if you don't have much variation in wind strength you don't have to do that .

As far as bar input goes the Vapour responds well and turns quickly but isn't overly sensetive to minor bar movements . To get the kite to dive the way you describe you would have to move it to at least 45 degs .

Hope this helps

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"airush vaporx and varial 2011" started by das77