Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

KiteJam2014 ~ Team Buckets Video

Created by Ken10 > 9 months ago, 20 Nov 2014
Ken10
QLD, 20 posts
20 Nov 2014 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

This year at KiteJam2014 we were asked to make team videos for the movie night. Unfortunately we were only notified of this a week before hand so not many teams had the time to do it. Fortunately I managed to throw something together based on existing footage I had and photos. I would have liked to have more time to put this together but I think it turned out ok all things considered. Enjoy!

Featuring:
- Glen Bennett
- Ken Claassen
- Benny Kali
- Taj Prasad

LostinSpace
QLD, 387 posts
20 Nov 2014 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Excellent edit Ken, it looks like it was done by a Pro. I found it very entertaining and I enjoyed it. I would love to know how to create edits like this. How many hours did it take for you to put it together and how did you learn or know how to construct this edit? Ie; did you just use a gopro template to follow?

kemp90
QLD, 1647 posts
20 Nov 2014 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Glendogs back to blinds are epic!!

Ken10
QLD, 20 posts
20 Nov 2014 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LostinSpace said..
Excellent edit Ken, it looks like it was done by a Pro. I found it very entertaining and I enjoyed it. I would love to know how to create edits like this. How many hours did it take for you to put it together and how did you learn or know how to construct this edit? Ie; did you just use a gopro template to follow?

Thanks :). I created it using Adobe Premiere. It took about 4 hours to put together. I didn't use a template or anything, I used to do videos for youtube for other stuff so I just ended up learning how to do it from scratch that way over time. The 'How to' of it is very much dependant on the editing software you use. I think Premiere is the best but theres also Sony Vegas and a number of other cheaper options that will do the trick too.

Luckily all the footage was already available so I didn't have to go out and record anything for this video.

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..
Glendogs back to blinds are epic!!

Indeed they are :). BTW I got to try the 9m Razor you sent me (Formerly MagentaNinja lol). It felt great though I haven't had a chance to try any serious unhooked stuff with it yet as I was a little under-powered that day due to the stupid waves.

dafunk
QLD, 549 posts
20 Nov 2014 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one bud !!

kemp90
QLD, 1647 posts
20 Nov 2014 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Cool bro. That 9m is a weapon!

JohnnyMack
64 posts
20 Nov 2014 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid mate, inspiring stuff

Dave DW
QLD, 66 posts
23 Nov 2014 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ken10 said..
Hi all,

This year at KiteJam2014 we were asked to make team videos for the movie night. Unfortunately we were only notified of this a week before hand so not many teams had the time to do it. Fortunately I managed to throw something together based on existing footage I had and photos. I would have liked to have more time to put this together but I think it turned out ok all things considered. Enjoy!

Featuring:
- Glen Bennett
- Ken Claassen
- Benny Kali
- Taj Prasad

Hi Ken...The vid was impressive and FAST TRACKED, we all were impressed at the Jam. Glen and yourself were great supporters of the KITEjAM and look forward to another EPIC Video on a BIG SCREEN next year! Thank you Ken and GLEN and TAJ and Benny Kali from PNG, for being great sports! DDW

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"KiteJam2014 ~ Team Buckets Video" started by Ken10