Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

Foildrive on a armstrong 935

Created by ninjatuna 8 months ago, 10 Nov 2023
ninjatuna
207 posts
10 Nov 2023 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

Just curious if anyone has been able to install the Armstrong, 795 foildrive piece on the 935 mast. For surfing not efoiling. Things are expensive enough. Trying to have to buy another mast. I dont do facebook so cant access the the FD owners group so that is why I am asking here. I thought I had read somewhere that somebody had installed one but I cant remember where. I know enough people on here ride them so I figured this would be the best place to ask.

If I need to add a rubber shim piece here or there to make it fit, that should not be hard. I figure it has to be a close fit.

Piros
QLD, 6957 posts
10 Nov 2023 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

They have adapters for over 80 different brands of foils so I would say yes .

Supmaori
746 posts
10 Nov 2023 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

I use foil drive FD+ on my Armstrong PM 795 with no issues. Works great . Do not need rubber inserts..pod fits snug..I have mine as high as possible approx 15cm from bottom of board.

Happy foiling

ArthurAlston
NSW, 189 posts
14 Nov 2023 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ninjatuna said..
Just curious if anyone has been able to install the Armstrong, 795 foildrive piece on the 935 mast. For surfing not efoiling. Things are expensive enough. Trying to have to buy another mast. I dont do facebook so cant access the the FD owners group so that is why I am asking here. I thought I had read somewhere that somebody had installed one but I cant remember where. I know enough people on here ride them so I figured this would be the best place to ask.

If I need to add a rubber shim piece here or there to make it fit, that should not be hard. I figure it has to be a close fit.

Yes, works perfectly - even though the name of the FD part only says 795. I use it at 20 - 25 cm. I have not tried it at efoil position.

ninjatuna
207 posts
15 Nov 2023 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Arthur.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Foildrive on a armstrong 935" started by ninjatuna