Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2018 SIC RS

Created by Grenfell > 9 months ago, 24 Jul 2017
Supnorte
262 posts
8 Feb 2018 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

Here is portuguese rider Diogo Caseiro on the SIC RS 12'6 x 25'': www.facebook.com/sicmauiportugal/videos/1171851919612755/

Also, there's a video of Caio Vaz doing some ocean paddling on a RS 12'6: www.facebook.com/sicmauiportugal/posts/1164754743655806

DiscoStupid
NSW, 90 posts
8 Feb 2018 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know if there are any of these RS's in demo ? preferably the 14'*24.5". Sydney/Central Coast/Newcastle ? They certainly look like a nice ocean board.

WaveScience
VIC, 131 posts
8 Feb 2018 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..
Here is portuguese rider Diogo Caseiro on the SIC RS 12'6 x 25'': www.facebook.com/sicmauiportugal/videos/1171851919612755/

Also, there's a video of Caio Vaz doing some ocean paddling on a RS 12'6: www.facebook.com/sicmauiportugal/posts/1164754743655806

Caio looks like he's taking off and gliding on bumps that are not even there.

Supnorte
262 posts
9 Feb 2018 2:44AM
Thumbs Up

Rocket Ship has launched in Portugal!

Area10
1508 posts
9 Feb 2018 3:13AM
Thumbs Up

I demoed a 14x26 RS today, in windy and shallow flat water on a river.

It felt very comfortable to paddle, and would make a nice board to paddle for intermediates and up even when not racing. It's got bungees at the front which was a pleasant surprise for a raceboard - pretty useful. Fat rails, fat tail, and a fairly bulbous nose means it doesn't look particularly svelte off the water but it feels quite svelte actually on the water.

It does give "easy speed" - it's pretty straightforward to get it almost planing when paddling, and so achieve good top end speeds. I should imagine that gifted paddlers will get crazy speeds out of it. But even a dork like me felt good on it. So, it's quite a flattering board and it kinda skips along the water when you really get it going. A surprise to me was how well it quartered the wind given the bulbous nose and fat rails. Very nice predictable handling. Nice and stable: the claims about stability aren't BS. I didn't get to try it on any proper downwind conditions but with the wind behind me on the river and some little ripples, it took off extremely well. I should think that in proper small downwind conditions it will go like a "rocket ship" indeed.

The board felt light, even with all the fittings (two race handles as well), and was really well balanced on the handle. It was noticeably lighter than a 14x26 Maliko, despite more volume. Of course, the Maliko is I think a full PVC wrap so might be more durable. But time will tell I guess: The SIC has innegra reinforcements at various places on the board. Usual superb SIC handle. Tracks well. Overall it felt very refined indeed, and I can well believe that a lot of thought and time went into the design. I find it hard to criticise the performance - there really wasn't anything I disliked about it at all in that department. The nose splashes a bit, but it doesn't seem to slow it down. So overall, top marks for performance from me.

I do have a couple of suggestions/Qs for Mark Raaphorst about it though, to consider for next year's model:

1. Why are the race handles where they are? They aren't really in the conventional position at all.

2. The deck pad is a bit thin (presumably to save weight) and not very comfortable to stand on for long periods.

3. The deck pad is a pretty uninspiring colour, and looks more like something I'd expect to see on the floor of a public toilet than a stylish uber-expensive race board. It also shows muck (I was paddling in a muddy river). Style, please!

4. The leash Point is almost directly beneath the fin, not further back. So if you were surfing the board (eg. a beach race) you'd risk treading on the leash/leash point. Pretty irritating. Please move the leash plug 6-8" rearwards: there's plenty of room.

5. The fin it comes with is the 8.3" SIC Carbon Weedless. The SIC fins are a great design. But I think the 7.0" would probably be plenty for this board for most people, especially in flat water.

But these are all pretty minor points, and I've never seen a production board yet that I couldn't criticise in one way or another: I'm a bit of a perfectionist. The far more important aspects are that it is definitely fast, is very easy to handle and is forgiving, and will be a really nice board to paddle even when not racing. For me, it's pretty close to being the perfect 14ft race all-rounder (and closer than anything else I've tried).

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
9 Feb 2018 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

nice review Area10

Supnorte
262 posts
9 Feb 2018 4:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..

It felt very comfortable to paddle, and would make a nice board to paddle for intermediates and up even when not racing. It's got bungees at the front which was a pleasant surprise for a raceboard - pretty useful. Fat rails, fat tail, and a fairly bulbous nose means it doesn't look particularly svelte off the water but it feels quite svelte actually on the water.

It does give "easy speed" - it's pretty straightforward to get it almost planing when paddling, and so achieve good top end speeds. I should imagine that gifted paddlers will get crazy speeds out of it. But even a dork like me felt good on it. So, it's quite a flattering board and it kinda skips along the water when you really get it going. A surprise to me was how well it quartered the wind given the bulbous nose and fat rails. Very nice predictable handling. Nice and stable: the claims about stability aren't BS. I didn't get to try it on any proper downwind conditions but with the wind behind me on the river and some little ripples, it took off extremely well. I should think that in proper small downwind conditions it will go like a "rocket ship" indeed.

The board felt light, even with all the fittings (two race handles as well), and was really well balanced on the handle. It was noticeably lighter than a 14x26 Maliko, despite more volume. Of course, the Maliko is I think a full PVC wrap so might be more durable. But time will tell I guess: The SIC has innegra reinforcements at various places on the board. Usual superb SIC handle. Tracks well. Overall it felt very refined indeed, and I can well believe that a lot of thought and time went into the design. I find it hard to criticise the performance - there really wasn't anything I disliked about it at all in that department. The nose splashes a bit, but it doesn't seem to slow it down. So overall, top marks for performance from me.

I do have a couple of suggestions/Qs for Mark Raaphorst about it though, to consider for next year's model:

1. Why are the race handles where they are? They aren't really in the conventional position at all.

2. The deck pad is a bit thin (presumably to save weight) and not very comfortable to stand on for long periods.

3. The deck pad is a pretty uninspiring colour, and looks more like something I'd expect to see on the floor of a public toilet than a stylish uber-expensive race board. It also shows muck (I was paddling in a muddy river). Style, please!

4. The leash Point is almost directly beneath the fin, not further back. So if you were surfing the board (eg. a beach race) you'd risk treading on the leash/leash point. Pretty irritating. Please move the leash plug 6-8" rearwards: there's plenty of room.

5. The fin it comes with is the 8.3" SIC Carbon Weedless. The SIC fins are a great design. But I think the 7.0" would probably be plenty for this board for most people, especially in flat water.

But these are all pretty minor points, and I've never seen a production board yet that I couldn't criticise in one way or another: I'm a bit of a perfectionist. The far more important aspects are that it is definitely fast, is very easy to handle and is forgiving, and will be a really nice board to paddle even when not racing. For me, it's pretty close to being the perfect 14ft race all-rounder (and closer than anything else I've tried).

I think you just nailed it with that review (and also had a lot of fun on the board). I'm going to use your review every time someone asks me an opinion,

LucBenac
432 posts
10 Feb 2018 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..

Hello Area10,
In your opinion, is the RS more in the family tree of the Vapor/Maliko (but a faster good downwind board) or AllStar (but a better board including for DW)? A fast Vapor on flat would probably qualify for me as the most useful board in a quiver not to say one of the nicest board to paddle too (I cannot say the only one as we all know our failings....)

Cheers,

Luc

Area10
1508 posts
10 Feb 2018 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Hello Luc,
Well, the RS is clearly meant to be an All Star competitor, right down to the drain holes. But it paddles more like a Vapor that has added flat water speed. And that is exactly why I demoed one. I love the way that the Vapor paddles and handles, but I could do with a board that is a tad faster in flat conditions. I also demoed the 2018 14x26 Maliko at the same time, and that's a nice board to paddle too, and I was quite impressed with it. But the handling of the RS was just a little better on the turns, when against and wind and light chop, and maybe it was slightly faster going upwind.

If you like how the Vapor paddles then you should definitely try a RS if you can. I don't know yet how the RS handles in bigger chop or serious downwind, so I'll let you know when I get a chance, which will probably be in a week or two.

There's a fair bit of volume in the RS, with thick rails and a fairly boofy nose. The RS 14'0" x 26" Is 315L (weight is around 27 lbs). So there's a fair bit more volume in all areas compared to the same width Vapor (271L) but it is lighter. It looks a bit chunky sitting next to e.g. the relatively low volume (264L for the 14x26) Maliko. But it doesn't look or feel "boaty" when paddling it, and is certainly much less "boaty" than e.g. an All Star, which has a fair bit more volume still (the 14x26 AS is 353L). The RS still somehow feels more like a board than a boat IMO despite the dropped deck. Whereas I'd say that an All Star is more boat than board - although no doubt other opinions are available :)

Curiously, the Maliko I tried was noticeably heavier than the RS even though the RS is advertised as heavier than the Maliko... dunno what is going on there, but maybe bear it in mind if you are buying a Maliko. This page claims just 11kg for the 14x26 (www.naishsurfing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/2018SUP_Board_Spec_Sheet_Final.pdf) but the one I tried sure felt a lot heavier than that to me. However I didn't put it on scales, and the crappy handle might make it feel heavier than it is (whereas the RS has that glorious SIC handle that is the best in the business).

You could quite happily tour around on the RS, which is no doubt partly why there are bungees. I was pootling around on it in the river dreaming of casual summer day trips on an RS... (it is freezing cold, windy and rainy here at the moment). So it will be very nice for casual recreational paddling and fitness, not just racing.

I need to have many more hours of experience paddling the RS in a variety of conditions (especially in proper downwind) before I'd be comfortable claiming that it is definitely the most versatile board I've tried. But I can already say it's one of the well-mannered and relaxing boards to paddle in flat water and mild wind/chop. And as you can imagine from the fact that it has replaced the X series flat water boards, Mark clearly intends it to be used for racing flat water as well as beach races/downwind.

We'll see how it goes downwind - I've always thought that the biggest performance weakness of the All Star was downwind, so it will be interesting to see how they stack up.

In short, if you are interested in a "fast Vapor on the flat", then definitely try the RS. That's exactly what I was looking for too, and I'm going to get one now.

Hope this helps.

LucBenac
432 posts
10 Feb 2018 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..
In short, if you are interested in a "fast Vapor on the flat", then definitely try the RS. That's exactly what I was looking for too, and I'm going to get one now.

Well that is exactly what I would be interested in. And I was eyeing the Maliko and potentially the 2018 Blackfish as a replacement to both the Vapor and Whiplash in one single board but will try to demo a RS. Our distributor has been out of the game lately but will see this season. 315L is a little bit intimidating and I usually prefer by far to be low on the water but if it paddles like the Vapor then.....
Thank you
Luc

Area10
1508 posts
10 Feb 2018 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LucBenac said..

Area10 said..

Well that is exactly what I would be interested in. And I was eyeing the Maliko and potentially the 2018 Blackfish as a replacement to both the Vapor and Whiplash in one single board but will try to demo a RS. Our distributor has been out of the game lately but will see this season. 315L is a little bit intimidating and I usually prefer by far to be low on the water but if it paddles like the Vapor then.....
Thank you
Luc

I tried the 2018 14x25 Blackfish recently. It felt like quite a lot of volume to me - more than my Vapor, for sure, even though they quote 280L for the Blackfish (vs 271L for the Vapor). I'm not sure how well volume stats really convey how a board feels in the water.

Although I paddled the Blackfish and RS in very different conditions, I got the impression that the RS would be faster in flat water.

Oh, and the rails might be thick on the RS but you still stand fairly low to the water. So it doesn't feel all "corky", which I don't like either.

LucBenac
432 posts
10 Feb 2018 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..

LucBenac said..

Area10 said..

Thank you
Luc

I tried the 2018 14x25 Blackfish recently. It felt like quite a lot of volume to me - more than my Vapor, for sure, even though they quote 280L for the Blackfish (vs 271L for the Vapor). I'm not sure how well volume stats really convey how a board feels in the water.

Although I paddled the Blackfish and RS in very different conditions, I got the impression that the RS would be faster in flat water.

Oh, and the rails might be thick on the RS but you still stand fairly low to the water. So it doesn't feel all "corky", which I don't like either.

Yes I am all about recessed deck lately :-) Thanks.

TJR
155 posts
10 Feb 2018 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..

LucBenac said..

Area10 said..

Thank you
Luc

Area 10, where did you try the 2018 Blackfish??? if it was in England it would have been the 2017 as the 2018 aren't due in to the European distributor until later this month and on the dealer list it shows 290l for the 2018

Area10
1508 posts
10 Feb 2018 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Ah, ok, well maybe it was the 2017 then. It was brand new and was being paddled by the local retailer so I assumed it was the 2018 model: I've just looked at their website and it doesn't give the model year.

But the point still stands if the 2018 is more volume than the 2017: the Blackfish can't really be considered a "low volume" board like eg. the Maliko.

The Blackfish did feel solidly built and it is good value compared to eg. the RS or carbon All Star.

I'm not sure quite what I could conclude from the trial I had with the Blackfish because the conditions were very messy, 2ft and about 15 mph cross-onshore. I was paddling it back to back with my low volume custom 16ftx26" downwind board, which came across as massively more suited to general paddling/wave riding in those typical grotty south coast UK conditions. But I assume those are not the conditions that the Blackfish is made for. I imagine that in Californian clean Dana Point-type conditions it would work much better. My custom 16x26 is actually quite a bit lower volume than the 14x25 Blackfish despite (obviously) being an inch wider and two feet longer. Lots of rocker too. So it is *much* easier to control in crappy messed-up UK conditions than a typical "all-waters" race board. It's a revelation, really.

Supnorte
262 posts
12 Feb 2018 4:48AM
Thumbs Up

Nice comparison between the RS and the All-Star: 101surfsports.com/index.php/about-us/blog/474-which-is-faster-sic-rs

Supnorte
262 posts
12 Feb 2018 4:48AM
Thumbs Up

Nice comparison between the RS and the All-Star: 101surfsports.com/index.php/about-us/blog/474-which-is-faster-sic-rs

Area10
1508 posts
12 Feb 2018 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Supnorte said..

Interesting and helpful review. Although I do notice that they promulgate further the widely debunked "porpoise power" theory of Starboard construction: Apparently the rest of the market thinks that stiff boards are fastest, whereas Starboard thinks that boards that flex like trampolines are fastest :)

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
12 Feb 2018 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Area10 said..

Supnorte said..

Interesting and helpful review. Although I do notice that they promulgate further the widely debunked "porpoise power" theory of Starboard construction: Apparently the rest of the market thinks that stiff boards are fastest, whereas Starboard thinks that boards that flex like trampolines are fastest :)

also The Naish Maliko (made at Cobra)?

Yardsale
66 posts
19 Feb 2018 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Carvers said..

Coldwater said..

Yardsale said..
Paddled an RS 14 x 24.5 last week, really outstanding board. It is fast, very stable and excellent in quartering waves. Has enough tuck up front and on rail to roll beautifully in side chop. One thing I loved is how the RS felt springy but not soft. (I'm 185 lbs) Some boards have a noticeable vibration when broaching waves, the RS feels solid but when you paddle hard it has a spring that is unique. Weight is light but not so much where it feels fragile. Downwind I think the RS would be a rocket and therefore only for experienced paddlers who can move back with ease to slow it down.

I was looking online but couldn't find any paddler weight recommendations for the SIC RS's. Any thoughts on the 14 x 23? I'm 165-170 lbs. I'm currently using a 2017 Naish Maliko 14x24. I'm happy with the stability of the Naish but downwinding I wish there was a bit more volume. Paddling upwind can also be a challenge. Just thinking whether to go for the 23 or 24.5.

For flatwater I should take the 23. Ocean at least the 24.5.

I agree with Carvers unless you prefer a narrower board for downwind...there are advantages if you have the skills and the RS 23 has enough volume for your weight - it's also incredible stable. Speed wise I think the RS is faster than the Maliko through chop, the Naish pushes water a bit more due to the nose shape. (I still like the Maliko a ton) I think the RS will be more a little technical off the wind - but it will fly I have zero doubt. For me at 185 lbs + as much as I would love a 23" for the flats, the 24.5 is the obvious choice.

charlieuk
355 posts
19 Feb 2018 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

HOLLY SH!T I just looked at the price! its not so much the price that worries me but what you get for the money, Can anyone on here honestly say they are paying full rrp on these boards?

LucBenac
432 posts
20 Feb 2018 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
charlieuk said..
HOLLY SH!T I just looked at the price! its not so much the price that worries me but what you get for the money, Can anyone on here honestly say they are paying full rrp on these boards?

GBP2,399 for Maliko and GBP2,755 for SIC RS and GBP3,099 Starboard I am assuming that these prices include 20% VAT or whatever is the rate in the UK. BTW the weight and volume for the AllStar 2018 in Hybrid carbon are in the domain of boats rather than boards....my 17.4 Ace-GT is lighter and it is definitely a strong board.

TJR
155 posts
20 Feb 2018 2:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LucBenac said..

charlieuk said..

GBP2,399 for Maliko and GBP2,755 for SIC RS and GBP3,099 Starboard I am assuming that these prices include 20% VAT or whatever is the rate in the UK. BTW the weight and volume for the AllStar 2018 in Hybrid carbon are in the domain of boats rather than boards....my 17.4 Ace-GT is lighter and it is definitely a strong board.

I do like the way SIC are built but I don't think they are worth ?400 more than the Maliko. I see that they are cheaper in France than in England as well. I cant see the UK moving many at the RRP and the trade price doesn't give much room to discount

Area10
1508 posts
20 Feb 2018 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

SIC have always been expensive in the UK. But then all SUPs are. When I was in Melbourne I was struck by how much cheaper SUPs were there.

The Maliko is full PVC wrap I think, with not much carbon. It has a cheapo handle. The RS is full carbon with innegra round the rails, nose and tail, with the SIC handle plus two race handles, leash plugs fore and aft (also a mounting point I think), and 4 leash plugs with bungee for carrying stuff, and four drain holes. All these little details add to the cost, perhaps?

It remains to be seen if the SIC carbon/innegra of the RS proves to be anything like as durable as the Maliko. It is lighter, but I suspect that since I heard that the Maliko was a bit fragile last year they have really tried to make it durable even if that means a little added weight. Dunno if that's true but as I say, the RS is noticeably lighter. So it depends where your priorities lie I guess.

im not sure that the RS is much more expensive than a carbon All Star, is it? The hybrid All Star is 2k GBP in the UK and it has virtually no carbon in it, so the full carbon versions have traditional been something like 700 GBP more expensive.

In short: they are all very expensive indeed in the UK.

Nozza
VIC, 2835 posts
20 Feb 2018 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

A10, don't look in the buy and sell, 3rd ad down at the moment....

Supnorte
262 posts
20 Feb 2018 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Actually, one of the biggest advantages to costumers with the SIC/BIC deal was the drop in prices on all SIC's carbon boards. A 14'0 SCC board had a price in Europe last year between 3300 euros (Bullet 14'0 V2) and 3400 euros (X-Pro, Prolite and FX) and now all 14'0 SCC boards from SIC cost 2899 euros (at least in most European countries). The 12'6 was 3100 (Bullet) and 3200 (race boards) and now they are 2599 euros. So a costumer will pay less 500 in average for a carbon board (between 400 and 600 euros).
Just to do a little comparison, the All-Star 14'0 Carbon Sandwich costs 3828 euros in 2018. In just a few years the price of this board increased around 1000 euros. And the All-Star hybrid carbon 2018 (only has carbon on the rails) costs 2212 euros. So for more 387 euros you can get a carbon 12'6 from SIC. And the difference between the All-Star 14'0 and the Bullet 17'4 or the Bayonet 17'1 is only 171 euros. And these are unlimited boards, in double carbon construction and with the FAST system.
I can't compare them with the Naish boards because I'm not all that familiarized with those boards, but from what I've read in this forum it only has a small amount of carbon (I would probably compare them to the Hybrid Carbon from Starboard and the Tuff-Wood carbon from SIC).
And all these prices include VAT (that is an absurd 23% in Portugal).
If you look at the prices in the US the 14'0 is 2699,95 $ and the 2399,95 $ (don't know if they include all taxes).
As for the UK the problem now is the devaluation of the pound with the Brexit, so all imported items could face an increase in price.
So with these prices you can see that the SIC boards have a very competitive price and that you get a lot for your money (full carbon, innegra reinforcements, PVC reinforcements, premium EZ grab handle, two beach race handles, carbon fin, bunge tiedowns, gopro mount on the nose.

Loz79
QLD, 459 posts
21 Feb 2018 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Supnorte said..
Actually, one of the biggest advantages to costumers with the SIC/BIC deal was the drop in prices on all SIC's carbon boards. A 14'0 SCC board had a price in Europe last year between 3300 euros (Bullet 14'0 V2) and 3400 euros (X-Pro, Prolite and FX) and now all 14'0 SCC boards from SIC cost 2899 euros (at least in most European countries). The 12'6 was 3100 (Bullet) and 3200 (race boards) and now they are 2599 euros. So a costumer will pay less 500 in average for a carbon board (between 400 and 600 euros).
Just to do a little comparison, the All-Star 14'0 Carbon Sandwich costs 3828 euros in 2018. In just a few years the price of this board increased around 1000 euros. And the All-Star hybrid carbon 2018 (only has carbon on the rails) costs 2212 euros. So for more 387 euros you can get a carbon 12'6 from SIC. And the difference between the All-Star 14'0 and the Bullet 17'4 or the Bayonet 17'1 is only 171 euros. And these are unlimited boards, in double carbon construction and with the FAST system.
I can't compare them with the Naish boards because I'm not all that familiarized with those boards, but from what I've read in this forum it only has a small amount of carbon (I would probably compare them to the Hybrid Carbon from Starboard and the Tuff-Wood carbon from SIC).
And all these prices include VAT (that is an absurd 23% in Portugal).
If you look at the prices in the US the 14'0 is 2699,95 $ and the 2399,95 $ (don't know if they include all taxes).
As for the UK the problem now is the devaluation of the pound with the Brexit, so all imported items could face an increase in price.
So with these prices you can see that the SIC boards have a very competitive price and that you get a lot for your money (full carbon, innegra reinforcements, PVC reinforcements, premium EZ grab handle, two beach race handles, carbon fin, bunge tiedowns, gopro mount on the nose.

3828 Euros for an Allstar WOW!!!, Thats almost $6000 Aussie dollars!!....They retail around $4500 AUD here....Must Cost $1500 per board for freight

Area10
1508 posts
21 Feb 2018 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nozza said..
A10, don't look in the buy and sell, 3rd ad down at the moment....

Yeah, a nearly-new RS for 1000 GBP less than retail here. Peachy.

If the advert seems to suggest that the purchaser tried it twice and then decided to get the narrower one instead. Is that right? I can imagine that many people could go narrower than they expect on it since it is very stable. Expensive change of mind though!

TJR
155 posts
14 Mar 2018 3:32AM
Thumbs Up

Got mine on the surf today, nice 2' wave and was impressed with the board. Very manoeuvrable on the wave and stable

Area10
1508 posts
14 Mar 2018 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TJR said..
Got mine on the surf today, nice 2' wave and was impressed with the board. Very manoeuvrable on the wave and stable

Yeah I agree. I've been surfing the RS the last couple of days. It will make a great beach race /PPG type board.

I spent an hour yesterday quartering wind and waves in it (around 18 knots wind and I ft swell) and again was struck by how well-mannered it is when you are paddling side-on to conditions.

In small downwind it is very fast. It tends to sit quite high on the bump, like some other race boards, rather than immediately plane like a DW-specific board will. But it keeps going, and you can push over the top of one bump into the next trough well. The big fat arse does seem to catch every little ripple going, and you feel pushed along. You do need to watch your footwork a bit, but no as much as I feared you might. You don't have to be elite to DW it, for sure (at least in smallish stuff, not full-on Maliko I mean).

TJR
155 posts
15 Mar 2018 1:46AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah , I had mine on a little DW the other day although the wind dropped, it was still getting in to the bumps that were left. Looking forward to a 23" getting here next month

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2018 SIC RS" started by Grenfell