Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Classic Paddle 2012

Created by Goochi > 9 months ago, 5 Oct 2012
Goochi
WA, 846 posts
5 Oct 2012 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone
SUPWA just received this poster this morning. The Classic Paddle is a great SUP race (4km) from the Point Walter Spit to the Freo Traffic Bridge (same coures as the 2nd leg of the Bridge the Bank). It is a Fundraiser event for Royal Life Saving. It is on the weekend after the SUP5000 on the 28th of October.

www.gofundraise.com.au/

There are no divisions unfortunately so it is men, women and all board types (Stimo can etch his name on the trophy for this one if he shows up on his 16' weapon!)

It's all about fun anyway.

*Sorry I can't get the PDF of the poster to load
*Hopefully next year we can get RLS to open up a few divisions.

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
5 Oct 2012 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

This is a great race for those just starting to get into racing or thinking about giving it a go. In the past we have had a number of people who have competed on the surf SUPs and it is more about the personal accomplishment than winning.

Unfortuantely I wont be there this year as it is the same weekend as the Hawkesbury.

Goochi
WA, 846 posts
5 Oct 2012 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Still saying it won't let me upload the PDF due a Trunicated error. Sorry - check the webpage - there an early bird discount.

stimo
WA, 874 posts
5 Oct 2012 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Galvo has the same board and he has being and will be in gnarloo right up to the race so think he will be going hard for this race as he is the current champ if he keeps smoking I have a chance but if not think he has the measure

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
5 Oct 2012 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

stimo said...
if he keeps smoking I have a chance but if not think he has the measure

So your a shoe in then Stimo. He'll probably be on the same diet as hew was befor the marathon at the nationals a pie and a smoke.

stimo
WA, 874 posts
6 Oct 2012 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

surf4fun said...
stimo said...
if he keeps smoking I have a chance but if not think he has the measure

So your a shoe in then Stimo. He'll probably be on the same diet as hew was befor the marathon at the nationals a pie and a smoke.

Thanks cam one problem there are these two brothers who are going super quick and both on flat water race boards lucky I can be in the over 40 group that might help

ScarbsSUP
WA, 354 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Oct 2012 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

A few photos in order of the top 10 or so finishers
So Top 5 first

kiwibro
175 posts
28 Oct 2012 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

I take it then you were 5th in Darren..congratulations...must have been bloddy hot work..shame we haven't got daylight saving like the rest of the civilised world.

tightlines
WA, 3411 posts
28 Oct 2012 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

It was a nice morning to be on the water, a little bit of boat traffic but virtually no wind.
I didn't notice it at the time but looking at the way the boats are hanging in the photo's we were obviously paddling into an incoming tide.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Classic Paddle 2012" started by Goochi