Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Garmin Virb 360 Cam First Test Video

Created by Piros > 9 months ago, 19 Nov 2017
Piros
QLD, 6892 posts
19 Nov 2017 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Bolted on my new Garmin Virb 360 Cam to my foil board with the Naish Large Thrust. Only managed to film my first wave as I cracked the FCS boxes on my board when I got hit by next wave and had to go in. Vision is pretty cool and I'm still getting my head around the edit software. This was shot in 1080p and uploaded at 720p no editing at all straight from the camera. (The camera shoots up to 5.7k )

Good lesson in the video for new foilers. I touch down twice in video as I went through a couple of troughs and look how I'm holding my paddle and I fall on to it pushing me back up. Keeping your paddle out to side the over the wave lip keeps your arms forward for good balance and pumping and when you touch down you can push off the paddle head to get you straight back onto the foil.

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
20 Nov 2017 7:17AM
Thumbs Up

mate fire up the 360 footage, it stitches it direclty in the camera. the editing software is OK for quick and easy stuff but has had a few bugs, much better recently.

YouTube and Vimeo struggle to deliver the quality you get on the SD card/PC + the rendering and export times really suck and I'm using a super fast PC.

Virb 360 Training -

I like the Garmin compared to others, all the data stuff is great to see post a session!

Piros
QLD, 6892 posts
20 Nov 2017 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah thats pretty cool Grenfell but I'm not after the 360 movement but fixed different aspect shots to cut into movies , like what Kai Lenny just dropped on FB this morning in the Mentawais , check it out .

www.facebook.com/kai.lenny/

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
20 Nov 2017 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

That GoPro dropped for Kai

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
20 Nov 2017 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

these angle shots are trippy

Subscribe