Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

YOB Australia CB5500

Created by Ulesys > 9 months ago, 24 Feb 2016
Ulesys
WA, 135 posts
24 Feb 2016 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Flatwater for the Masses is back again for 2016, with the third edition of the YOB Australia Collie Bridge 5500 this March 13th.

Again the local paddlers Bunbury Wavemasters hold their twisted up version of the SUP5000 format, with dubious GPS distances, turns in the middle of races so the flatwater race board smarties don't always hold the advantage and in the back ground, the Eaton Foreshore Festival to make this a unique family SUP event - meaning donuts post event .

The event is made up 4 individual races;

2500m loop
1500m loop
1000m straight
500m don't look up

Points are tallied according to position in each event, least amount of points wins. Then afterwards, the annual YOB Australia Shootout. Paddlers are selected from the field, handicapped and sent out on a fleet of YOB Australia's stock school boards. First one across the line has there name etched on the YOB Trophy displayed in their shop in the center of the shop floor.

Divisions;

Female Open 14'
Female O/40 14'
Male Open 14'
Male U/40 14'
Male O/40 14'
Male O/50 14'
Male Cruiser (12'6>)
Female Cruiser (12'6>)
Junior Aquamax class

Again a great range of prizes from YOB Australia will be on offer, and one of the best random draws on offer.

Yes Stimo you can paddle unlimited - just no points (this year at least)

Enter via https://supwa.tidyhq.com/public/events/4098-yob-australia-cb5500. All entries go to the Eaton Foreshore Festival who happily include SUP in their days activities.

Race Rego 0730 - 0845
Briefing 0845
Race Start 0900
Pratt Road, Eaton. Just off the Old Coast Road on the south side of the Collie River Bridge.

Come on down, and bring your Hopey face

Ulesys
WA, 135 posts
24 Feb 2016 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

Maps always help. Pretty straight forward to get to.

Cowville
WA, 36 posts
28 Feb 2016 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

I'll try my best to get a new photo face for you this year.

But I was struggling to breathe at that point.

Ulesys
WA, 135 posts
28 Feb 2016 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cowville said..
I'll try my best to get a new photo face for you this year.

But I was struggling to breathe at that point.

You've got form with that race face Cowville!! Pretty sure that's your standard look.

mocka
WA, 40 posts
29 Feb 2016 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Ulesys can the Juniors use 14ft boards like last year or will they all be on the Aqua Max boards?
We have a handful of grommets keen as on coming down to race from Perth

Ulesys
WA, 135 posts
29 Feb 2016 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocka said..
Hey Ulesys can the Juniors use 14ft boards like last year or will they all be on the Aqua Max boards?
We have a handful of grommets keen as on coming down to race from Perth

If the juvies have their own race boards that's cool. The YOB fleet is available for any juniors who don't have a board but want to compete.

We only let them race the 1000m and 500m legs but if any of the more stronger groms want to mix in with the other legs that's fine.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
1 Mar 2016 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ulesys said...
Maps always help. Pretty straight forward to get to.

This map will do just fine

Ulesys
WA, 135 posts
7 Mar 2016 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Local junior Adam D has presented another epic poster to help us pimp this annual event.

YOB Australia
WA, 169 posts
11 Mar 2016 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

Weather is looking great for this Sunday. Collie River and the Eaton foreshore are just a beautiful part of the world for most things, and in particular SUP racing !
Make the effort Perth paddlers, you won't be disappointed ! Whilst there are prizes for winners and placegetters in each division, the bonus is you have 5 chances to win a YOB Australia Wahoo C50 carbon paddle and cover ( valued at $354 each ) just for entering !! Looking forward to seeing you all there on Sunday!
Cheers
Lach and Sal

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"YOB Australia CB5500" started by Ulesys