Effect of various Sabfoil stabs vs 399

1 year ago
Reply
Register to post, see what you've read, and subscribe to topics.
TomDW
TomDW
64 posts
64 posts
14 Aug 2025 5:16am
I recently started using a Balz 799 899 999 cmbo with 903 fuselage and 399 stab shimmed to 1,5 degrees (dont know if that's optimal, but it works for me on the 2 smaller ones while the 999 I think needs more, but havn't tried it yet).

what change can you get from other types of Sab stabs , smaller, larger, anhedral, dihedral, flat, you name it. I don't intend to buy many to try them all out bit just curious what the pro's and con's and general characteristics are of each one, in the real world? I do flatwater freeride and eventually will try small waves. So not a slalom type.
Eugenius 2.0
Eugenius 2.0
42 posts
42 posts
14 Aug 2025 1:07pm
In this video you have a basic explanation of how the shape of the stabilizers affects their performance.
XavierFerrer
XavierFerrer
95 posts
95 posts
29 Sep 2025 2:20am
Thanks for the info! Very interesting!
Please Register, or first...
Topics Subscribe Reply